SHARK Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

SHARK Reviews

Updated 13 Jan 2020

2.9
SHARK Chairman & CEO Markus Borlinghaus (no image)
Markus Borlinghaus

"Vice President"

Current Employee - Vice President Operations in Raipur, Chhattisgarh

I have been working at SHARK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Independence in work ( Total Control ) ,Decision Taking authority,

Cons

Salary on lower side, Perks not attractive,Company not a MNC ( Small Size)

SHARK2019-12-17
  2. "blah blah"

Current Employee - Owner

I have been working at SHARK full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

all of the possible pros

Cons

none omg none none none

SHARK2020-01-14
  3. "Awful"

Former Employee - Executive Personal Assistant

I worked at SHARK full-time

Pros

I can’t even think of one pro

Cons

Awful management, no training given - avoid at all costs

SHARK2019-09-09

"Cost accountant"

Former Employee - Cost Accountant in Newton, MA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at SHARK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Discount on merchandise, decent pay, management tries to do things to make employees happy. There was an annual bonus based on company/personal performance

Cons

Management had very poor communication. There wasn't a great team environment. Never felt like upper management truly cared for their lower level employees

SHARK2017-10-23

"Avoid joining Shark recruitment company -- good idea, very poor management"

Former Employee - Managing Director in Newcastle, England

I worked at SHARK full-time for more than a year

Pros

The basic concept is good. The original ideas about recruitment were good (but becoming out-dated). The ability to work within a company structure but be self employed is nice. The partners in the company were experienced and good people to work with (but all the good people sadly left).

Cons

It is hard to think about my time at SHARK and not get angry. The company has been made bankrupt through mis-management. Many staff left the company. Turnover is crazy high. All the promises made at the beginning before starting were not kept. There is no consideration for partners. The only goal for the company is to make the owner and CEO, and only him, money by any means possible. Investment seems to be an investment in his personal account rather than an investment in the company. I cannot repeat more how much you should avoid this company.

SHARK2017-04-27
  6. "Operations"

Back Office Support in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I worked at SHARK

Pros

Excellent company, very good management and driving constantly for innovation. Moving forward in the interest of the business and clients.

Cons

The consultants who work for the company are responsible to drive and develop new incremental business. Most senior experienced partners with leadership careers in their past struggle significant to generate incremental new business and revenues. Now as they have to do it themselves over 80% of the consultants where not able to pull the success. Main reason why the company decided to change the go to market strategy and business model.

SHARK2017-02-23

"Grasping the opportunity to learn from C-level proffesionals"

Human Resources Manager in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I worked at SHARK

Pros

Working on flexible schedule and being able to adapt my skills and interests to the core business of Shark was something I truly appreciated whilst working in Shark. I received enormous support and knowledge transfer from C-level professionals all around the world. Shark has an unique story and I was glad to be a part of it!

Cons

Being a part of Shark is only for somebody who has a self-starter attitude and an entrepreneurial spirit, as the company structure allows you to freely organize your tasks and responsibilities, so you have to invest a lot of your time and skills in order to succeed. But for me, it was worth it.

SHARK2017-02-20

"!!! DANGER WILL ROBINSON, DANGER !!!!!!!"

I worked at SHARK full-time

Pros

Colleagues within HQ are good and honest people, freedom to work in your own mannor. Working hours are somewhat acceptable.

Cons

Borlinghaus’s operation is like that of an infamous Donald Trump type character. Avoid Shark at all costs. Shark Group has been financially challenged to the point of bankruptcy for a long time. The upper echelon management are callous and extremely tactless and you WILL be deceived out of your MONEY whereby Borlinghaus will flaunt it in your face Their operation practices are an absolute joke and any identifiable information is not safe. The company is not and in my opinion, never will be anywhere close to ISO 20000 or ITIL compliant along as the current set of management remains at the helm of this company. I would not describe this as a “Pyramid” type scheme but it is close to it. High turnover of staff and investors due to failed promises and outright lies. Shark will not invest in its staff or investors but will take your money and then demand your purse. Borlinghaus does not know how to operate a recruitment company, nor act like a responsible CEO. A small amount of managing directors at Shark have nothing close to the experience/knowledge they claim they have and they will blame you for their own deficiencies.

SHARK2016-12-18

"Promises not kept"

Current Contractor - Senior Global Client Partner in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I have been working at SHARK for more than a year

Pros

Lots of independence and possibility to run your work truly independently.

Cons

When I signed up with my contract a lot of promises was given about the massive and proactive support that I would be receiving from the mothership. This turned out to be only partially true. The support was there IF and WHEN I would pay for it. This was not however what we agreed upon.

SHARK2016-01-03

"The Shark Experience"

I worked at SHARK full-time for more than a year

Pros

The concept is a good one but totally fails in the execution.

Cons

The fictional sales pitch is forced upon everyone. Unfortunately only the CEO's opinion matters however strange that opinion is. The partners bring a lot of varied experience however their experience is always ignored because management know better.

SHARK2015-08-16

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 13 reviews