SMA Associate Consultant Reviews

Found 4 of over 143 reviews

4.1
SMA President & Chief Executive Officer Ajay Patel
Ajay Patel

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

The latest conversations about Consulting India

Join the conversation on

Consulting India

1y

works at

Wipro

Hello everyone, Let's post our CTC and take home of every month, it will help many. Having home loan, mine is 16L, 1.05L every month.

3,214

1168 Comments

Consulting India

245.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/consulting-india/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.in&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=SMA~7490
Join the conversation on
  1. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great temporary placements

Dec 10, 2016 - Associate Consultant in Newport Coast, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Clients respect you, not treated like a body shopper. Immediate access to a live SM&A person for problem solving. Management respects associates choices eg max duration deployments.

Cons

Expense reimbursement a bit slow. Concur not user friendly.

Continue reading

CEO and President

Thanks for being part of SMA for over 10 years! We certainly are not "a body shopper" type company--and constantly receive accolades from clients regarding the caliber of associates. Expense reimbursement is currently undergoing review. Our clients have become very sensitive to a variety of issues which may seem minor to associates but cause problems with the full financial cycle. Again, thanks for your comments and your years of employment. Ajay

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing Consulting Company

Nov 10, 2016 - Associate Consultant in Irvine, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Staffed with the best and brightest talent, this company has the expert resources to help with any problem that you might come across. The small nature of the company allows for easy communication across levels. The company forward thinking takes advantage of technology to tie all deployed associates together. Every associate I have worked with has enhanced my knowledge and skill set in every area. The mentorship I have received has been unparalleled. A truly exceptional company to work with and for.

Cons

The deployed nature of the work can sometimes be tough. But, you do get to see different parts of the country.

CEO and President

We do have a reputation in the Industry as providing the "best and brightest talent." We are glad you find communication positive since that has been an area of deliberate attention (thus, Glassdoor) We continue to use technology to improve knowledge, communication and coordination throughout the organization--See the Employee Knowledge Center, TOD smart phone app and associate portal. As you see by the various pictures we post, associates are located across the country--glad you have a positive attitude about the travel. Many Thanks! Ajay

3. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great people, engaging projects, nice compensation

Oct 7, 2016 - Associate Consultant in Irvine, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Management cares about employees' desires for both professional growth and work/life balance. They strive to fit each consultant with an engaging project that fits with that person’s experience, strengths, and goals. Everyone I’ve worked with has been friendly, professional, and competent in their job. The direct pay seems higher than average and the overall benefit package is good including health insurance options and generous PTO.

Cons

Three areas need improvement: 1) Communication with consultants in the field, especially in regards to project and personal performance and tracking of actual spend to funded/budgeted cost. 2) Providing and encouraging opportunities for networking and professional growth such as participating in conferences and seminars. SM&A could provide incentives for employees to speak at conferences or seminars or author articles for professional publications. 3) Employer contributions to employee 401k plans. SM&A invests very little in employee retirement plans, and contributed nothing for 2015. In addition, employer contributions are only made annually, 3 months into the next year, which reduces the growth potential of their contributions. SM&A pays well while you’re working for them, but puts nearly no effort in helping the employee save for retirement.

CEO and President

Thanks for your review--and I'm glad your experience at SMA has been so positive. We do care about employees and try to provide the most professional, yet, friendly atmosphere throughout the company. I have noted your areas of improvement and will discuss with the team--communication is a challenge given the diverse location of many assignments but we are improving our technology to address this concern. I like your incentive idea for speaking engagements and authorship and will discuss this with HR. Also, we changed the employee retirement contribution--starting in April, 2017, we will contribute on a pay period basis. Ajay

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company and supportive of employee growth.

Nov 4, 2014 - Associate Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

They promote a very good work/life balance by allowing remote work. They expect strong performance so have a thorough review and rating process to ensure employees are adding maximum value to the client.

Cons

Can sometimes feel like your on an island but that's consistent with many consulting firms. I've only actually met four people in the whole firm since I started working here.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

CEO and President

Thanks for your comments. There have been a lot of changes at SMA since 2014. Our corporate profile is now state-of-the-art in our industry. And we are seeing very positive responses from our clients. I think the future is going to be great! Stay in touch – Ajay

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 English Reviews