SMA Employee Reviews about "sma"

Updated Mar 2, 2021

Found 11 of over 143 reviews

4.0
SMA President & Chief Executive Officer Ajay Patel
Ajay Patel
Pros
  • "SMA uses a detailed on-line system to document your experience to clients(in 11 reviews)

• "The interview process is relaxed and friendly but it is clear the company wants to provide valuable employees(in 4 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Open plan office can still be fairly distracting in afternoon (but it's also a sign we like to collaborate and chat with each other)(in 4 reviews)

• "Open office space loud and distracting-hard environment to adapt to(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Consulting India

Join the conversation on

Consulting India

1y

works at

Wipro

Hello everyone, Let's post our CTC and take home of every month, it will help many. Having home loan, mine is 16L, 1.05L every month.

3,214

1168 Comments

Consulting India

245.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/consulting-india/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.in&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=SMA~7490
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "sma"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Awesome Experience!

Mar 2, 2021 - Principal Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is one of the most positive on-boarding and interviewing experiences that I have ever have. SMA uses a detailed on-line system to document your experience to clients. This is definitely worth the effort, because this highlights your strengths and experiences and matches you to clients who share similar values. SMA was very instrumental in helping me to fill out the details and understand how the system works. The on-boarding is a smooth and efficient transition! I also appreciate the fact that so many of their employees (in addition to HR, I went through an interview process with two very senior-tenured individuals in the field) have been with the company for many years. This is almost unheard of in my field in the current environment, and it says a lot about this company and its employees.

Cons

None that I have experienced!

2. 3.0
      Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Good people to work with but online processes a bit glitchy and combersome

Mar 20, 2020 - Senior Program Manager in Detroit, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Just joining up now so no real experience with SMA yet other than the application process. It's nice that you can do most of it on line.

Cons

The online experience had quite a few glitches. System sometimes would not accept my input after typing for 10 minutes. A lot of information and background is required. There is no real overview of the application process and how it is supposed to work. You just have to jump in and figure it out as you go along.

3. 5.0

Respectful, Professional, Inclusive, Diverse, Supportive

May 20, 2019 - Proposal Writer/Orals Coach in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Just completed the interview/on-boarding process and am looking forward to joining the team. My recruiter went above and beyond for me, unlike any other HR person. She never dropped the ball and kept me engaged throughout the process. My interviewers were also highly professional and talked to me on my level. If you are looking for a professional consulting team to join and work with a variety of companies and organizations, SMA is your team.

Cons

Wish the work was more continuous, but that's the life of a consultant working project to project.

4. 5.0

Great Leadership!

May 16, 2019 - Senior Recruiter in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Where to start? There are so many good things to share. First of all, I report to the COO and work closely with the VPs and the CEO. SMA is a very flat organization, where even our interns get to interact with our C-Levels and of course there is no micromanagement at any level. Second, our leaders lead by example. They are the type of people that always roll-up their sleeves and stay close to the product. They are not proud individuals but lead with confidence and grace. They pride in building people up and provide positive reinforcement when they see someone is doing right. Lastly, my co-workers care about each other. Many of them have formed long-term friendships that go beyond the SMA walls. I overall feel valued and appreciated, like nowhere else before.

Cons

The CEO & COO are so close to the product that it may prevent them from actually understanding the view of the product users.

5. 5.0

Detailed Associate Vetting Process

Feb 13, 2019 - Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

SMA have invested in a "Talent on Demand" platform for matching consultants with clients at experienced proposal level efforts. They have been professional and diligent in vetting to ensure quality candidates for their clients.

Cons

The vetting process is lengthy but presumable provides better access to quality deployments.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

HR was very helpful during the hiring process

Feb 6, 2019 - Proposal Writer in Tampa, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

I am a new employee with SMA . I will be working with proposal professionals who have extensive experience, are great listeners and eager to help new hires succeed.

Cons

There aren't any cons so far.

7. 5.0

Great Company to Work For

Nov 19, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

SMA is a really great company to work for. The environment is small, non-hostile, friendly, understanding, and they care about their employees. There has been significant effort to improve the company whether that be location, roles, etc.. and it's shown that they care about growth. Overall, it's a great place to work at if you are looking for a career.

Cons

Alexa doesn't always register our answers on Jeopardy.

8. 5.0
      Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Great interviewing and onboarding experience

May 8, 2018 - Associate (Proposals)
      Business Outlook

Pros

About two weeks after I applied for an Associate position with SMA, I was contacted by an in-house recruiter to schedule a phone screen. From that time through onboarding today, I was consistently impressed with the caliber of SMA's personnel andn their well-honed vetting and onboarding process. I've worked for many companies over the years, and I would characterize the SMA recruiting, vetting, and onboarding process as one of the most thorough and professional ever. Moreover, the pay is outstanding and the benefits top-notch.

Cons

I can't think of one at this point -- especially since I won't have to relocate and can fit my work projects into my life (not the other way around).

9. 4.0

Employment Application, New Hire On-Boarding & Orientation

Mar 13, 2018 - Planning/Scheduling and Cost Consultant in Philadelphia, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Focusing specifically on the SMA employment application & On Boarding Process - SMA invests a considerable amount of effort in performing due diligence in learning who potential candidates are and what they can offer and apply to various assignment opportunities. My hiring experience included multiple interviews and enabled a dynamic opportunity to provide detailed work experience and career profile information via the Talent On Demand (TOD) feature.

Cons

Initial interaction with the 'Assignment Opportunity' area of the TOD feature and SMA website requires some additional search and query options to enable enhanced efficiency.

SMA Response

CEO and President

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. Your suggestions are excellent and we will address those in our upcoming updates. Thanks. Ajay Patel, CEO.

10. 5.0
      Current Contractor, more than 1 year

A Long Term Great Company

Feb 20, 2018 - Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked with SMA for over 20 years - as a client and now as a consultant. We have together won programs worth $B's.

Cons

Client Companies forget who got them there...

Viewing 1 - 10 of 11 Reviews