SMA Employee Reviews about "tod"

Updated 12 May 2019

4.3
SMA President & Chief Executive Officer Ajay Patel
Ajay Patel
Pros
  • "Also despite being deployed by yourself or with a small group; SM&A's corporate office has always managed to keep me connected and feel supported(in 6 reviews)

• "Use of technology (TOD) to have easy process(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "In my opinion, there are no cons within the company itself(in 7 reviews)

• "Completion of all requirements for TOD can be very time-consuming for a senior-level applicant with a long career(in 6 reviews)

Reviews about "tod"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Don’t waste your time"

Current Contractor - Proposal Writer in San Diego, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at SMA for less than a year

Pros

I think there are lots of opportunities available with this company with varying industries and locations!

Cons

The Talent On Demand (TOD) system is too clunky and not user friendly at all. I’ve spent too much time building a profile, looking for jobs and opportunities via this portal; all sadly to no avail! I’ve been on the “bench” for 8 months after being hired, waiting for the “opportunity” and there’s no one that can really “help”. My recruiter told me to look elsewhere as in look at other companies?!!

Continue reading
  2. "Great company to work for."

Former Contractor - Consultant in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at SMA for more than 3 years

Pros

Great support from upper management and staff personnel. Adaptation of TOD streamlines customer selection of personnel to support projects.

Cons

Completion of all requirements for TOD can be very time-consuming for a senior-level applicant with a long career. No compensation is provided for completion of TOD.

Continue reading

3. "Great Company - Awesome Team"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at SMA full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The firm has a diverse demographic and attracts very accomplished people. Most impressive is the collaboration and support across the organization (staff and associates). Bottom line, we play well as a team! The organization has a flat hierarchy, and everyone is very accessible. The Talent On Demand (TOD) system developed by the firm to manage and deploy talent is impressive! It has improved transparency of opportunities, consistently wows clients, and has increased deployment opportunities for all. The recent move of the firm’s entire technology infrastructure is impressive and has significantly improved the end user experience.

Cons

The updates to the technology infrastructure are a significant improvement, but we need to continue driving these enhancements. We are evolving into a technology company and our implementation of technology must one of several attributes that differentiate us in this space. We are not there yet!

Continue reading
  4. "Great company to work for"

I have been working at SMA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Use of technology (TOD) to have easy process. - Flexibility to work from home occasionally. - Awesome benefits (reimbursement for health equipments).

Cons

Can't think of any cons right now.

5. "Mechanical Engineer experience"

4.0
    Current Employee - Staff Mechanical Engineer in San Leandro, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at SMA full-time for less than a year

Pros

There was some electronic onboarding forms that were very efficient and easy to fill out with electronic signatures. Fairly smooth experience.

Cons

The TOD profile was manual which took some time to complete. Automatic filling in from a Word resume would have been more efficient. Paper work required printing out and manual signing. It would have been more streamlined and efficient if it was electronically completed, like some of the other paper work.

Continue reading

"Employment Application, New Hire On-Boarding & Orientation"

4.0
    Current Employee - Planning/Scheduling and Cost Consultant in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at SMA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Focusing specifically on the SMA employment application & On Boarding Process - SMA invests a considerable amount of effort in performing due diligence in learning who potential candidates are and what they can offer and apply to various assignment opportunities. My hiring experience included multiple interviews and enabled a dynamic opportunity to provide detailed work experience and career profile information via the Talent On Demand (TOD) feature.

Cons

Initial interaction with the 'Assignment Opportunity' area of the TOD feature and SMA website requires some additional search and query options to enable enhanced efficiency.

SMA Response

November 2, 2018CEO and President

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. Your suggestions are excellent and we will address those in our upcoming updates. Thanks. Ajay Patel, CEO.

7. "Outstanding tenure of growth and development"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Irvine, CA

I have been working at SMA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

SM&A fosters a company culture of continued personal and professional growth, with many available training and development opportunities to enhance one's ability to be (and stay) deployed. The headquarters office is great about sending out company and industry news, as well as postings for upcoming opportunities. Additionally, the TOD page is a great multi-functional tool in which you can update your latest important work accomplishments (the instant résumé generator is a cool feature), and you can customize your deployment preferences and availability.

Cons

The mobile TOD app currently has limited interactivity, but I understand that this is in the process of being updated, so looking forward to seeing upcoming changes

8. "Ten-Year Anniversary"

Current Employee - Associate in Irvine, CA

I have been working at SMA full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Over the past ten-years, SM&A has offered a variety of opportunities and career growth. Having deployed to over 10 engagements, worked in sales, and at headquarters, one constant is interesting work, great people to work with who are passionate about their tradecraft, and an executive team that is committed to the success of the team.

Cons

The virtual nature of the organization can make it difficult to stay connected requiring the associate to be proactive about reaching out to their practice and leveraging the TOD App to get information about opportunities, news, and items of interest.

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 8 reviews