SThree Reviews

Updated Nov 24, 2021

Found 476 of over 572 reviews

3.7
SThree CEO Mark Dorman (no image)
Mark Dorman
Pros
  • "Good work environment and growth potential(in 25 reviews)

• "great training program for new employees(in 17 reviews)

• Cons
  • "High pressure, laddish culture, low work/life balance(in 20 reviews)

• "If you like to be treated like children and be micro-managed more than your parents ever did, you'll love it here(in 16 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 4.0
      Former Employee

Working at Sthree

May 17, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Excellent learning environment -Brilliant managers - Good bonuses

Cons

- KPI Driven culture - Too much hierarchy - Too many meetings and conferences

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good

Nov 24, 2021 - Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Good company to start out your recruitment career - Looked after well by management

Cons

- Could pay better comms

3. 4.0

Great company

Nov 10, 2021 - Recruitment Consultant in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for, amazing training and development provided and great atmosphere. Work incentives are really good too

Cons

Needs a better commission structure

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good training,

Nov 2, 2021 - Senior Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good training provided, lots of holiday incentives/ team drinks, made a lot of good friends from my time there, commission structure isn't the best (especially when you start)

Cons

Easy to become a small cog in a big machine, a lot of 'hands off' middle-management getting paid a lot to do absolutely nothing, they are good at making high performing consultants- but also good at losing them

Employer Branding

Thanks for your comments - hearing feedback like this is really helpful and allows us to look at ways to continually improve our business. It’s great to hear that you're enjoying the training we offer. Our learning and development team are always looking at ways our training programmes can be refined, so it's brilliant to hear that you were given the tools to excel in your career. It’s also really encouraging to hear that you were surrounded by great people because we know how important this is to your wellbeing and enjoying yourself at work. We’re passionate about continuous improvement so your feedback about management, while disappointing to read, will help us become better in the future. We know how important great management is to your career development, aspirations and how much you enjoy what you do so we’ll continue to focus on upskilling and training.

5. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Management

Nov 8, 2021 - Sales Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

Clear directions and listen to employees

Cons

Nil. All good in perspective..

Employer Branding

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us - it's useful to hear this information as it helps us continue to improve our services for all our customers around the world.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Amazing how this place has changed for the better in 4 years

Oct 21, 2021 - Senior Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive bases, good commission structure (uncapped) Merit-based (yes yes, everyone says this) - promotion/billing targets are 100% transparent, billing leaderboards worldwide are accessible, and there are examples at all levels of both someone who has worked their way up in the company as well as experienced hires for a diverse thought catalog General high caliber of people - intelligent, driven, mature Unheard of positive DE&I initiatives with multiple employee resource groups, and events and conversations that foster real culture change instead of just token representation and changing the company logo to rainbow for pride month (they did that too, but then also hosted a drag race for charity where senior leadership was competing....not sure how much more inclusive and progressive it can get than that)

Cons

I wouldn't have always recommended this as a place to work - it used to be a shirt + tie and 8:03 AM is late kind of place. Some of that attitude lingers in more tenured leadership. Some team managers are stretched extremely thin so don't always have as much time to dedicate to training - but fortunately there is a dedicated L&D department to make up for that

Employer Branding

It's great to hear about your experience with SThree – thank you much for taking the time to share your thoughts. We’re firm believers in rewarding and recognising our people for the part they play in our success so it’s great to hear that you think we’re doing a good job in that area. The culture of our organisation has changed a lot over recent years by making bold moves to make SThree a more inclusive, encouraging, supportive environment – so to hear feedback like this is really encouraging.

7. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good but could be better

Nov 4, 2021 - Recruitment Consultant in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some good incentives, free tea and coffee

Cons

Lots of micromanagement, top billers promoted to managers, which is a different skillset

Employer Branding

Thank you for your feedback we really appreciate it - hearing information like this really does help us to identify necessary changes and look at ways we can make SThree a great place for our people and customers.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great Career, Grateful to Work Here

Oct 18, 2021 - Talent Acquisition Consultant in Washington, DC
      Business Outlook

Pros

-competitive base salary + commission structure -transparent & personable leadership -comprehensive training & career growth -work/life balance -fun & supportive colleagues

Cons

-I don’t really have any because leadership listens to us & makes changes appropriately

Employer Branding

It's brilliant that you're enjoying your time at SThree! We’re also delighted to hear that you’re enjoying the rewards on offer. It’s something that we’re always reviewing to make sure that people feel appreciated through pay, flexible rewards and benefits. It’s great to hear that you feel supported in your career. We know how important it is to make sure people have the tools to succeed and are encouraged to develop. That’s why we’re always building on our training, and it’s great to hear that we’re living up to the goal of supporting everyone to grow their career. Work/life balance has always been important, but the on-going health pandemic is really highlighting just how critical it is to our mental and physical wellbeing. We’re really pleased with the introduction of our hybrid working policy and the progress that we’ve made in this space.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company where you can grow, have fun and earn good money

Oct 6, 2021 - Employer Branding Specialist in Amsterdam
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun Nice people Flexible working hours Good salary Meaningful work

Cons

If you don't like to work in a big company, but more in a small team then this might not be the company for you.

Employer Branding

Thanks so much for your comments - hearing feedback like this is really helpful and allows us to look at ways to continually improve our business. We entirely agree that people make SThree a great place to work, and appreciate you taking the time to recognise our brilliant colleagues and friends. And we’re pleased to hear that you’re enjoying the rewards on offer at SThree. It’s something that we’re always reviewing to make sure that people feel appreciated through pay, flexible rewards and benefits.

10. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Interesting times

Oct 14, 2021 - Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Hard for me to be current with my pros and cons as I came in when the old guard was there and when the new guard were brought in, then on top of that a change of CEO whose impact is still filtering through from what I hear - really good work/life balance - approachable staff on almost all levels - my manager was very good in treating people like adults - good business model, from a finance perspective, with the focus on contractor business, instead of perm business

Cons

- there was a certain level of "who you know" with the old guard set up, with certain teams getting favourable treatment with resources and remuneration - department I was in was not best-in-class due to change management not a priority for this part of the business - some of the charm of the old SThree has gone, as the London office has gotten smaller and the CEO with his changes but who knows, it maybe for the better in the long run - May not be unusual and maybe not a con really but CEO spends most of this time in the US

Employer Branding

Thank you for your comments – they are really helpful and allow us to look at ways to continually improve our business. Work/life balance has always been important, but the on-going health pandemic is really highlighting just how critical it is to our mental and physical wellbeing. We’re really pleased with the progress that we’ve made in this space over the past year. And it’s great to hear you were surrounded by helpful and approachable people because we know how important this is to your wellbeing and enjoying yourself at work. We want all our people to feel fairly rewarded for the work that they do so it’s disappointing to hear this feedback. We’ve put a lot of work into reviewing our offering, based on feedback from our people around the globe to make sure that we go beyond a great salary and unlimited commission. And we’ll be continuing to build on this going forward. We’re passionate about continuous improvement so some your comments, while disappointing to read, will help us become better in the future.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 476 Reviews