SThree Employee Reviews about "work hard play"

Updated 21 Nov 2019

3.4
SThree CEO Mark Dorman (no image)
Mark Dorman
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work hard play"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Culture-Career Progression Plan-Commission"

5.0
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at SThree full-time for more than a year

Pros

A true opportunity to make friends for life. A fun work hard play hard environment that feels like a family. Commission structure is AWESOME! success takes time and deals take time but you can make a ton of money. I wasn't too successful my first 6 months in the business but now I'm doing deals every month getting a ton of commission. It takes time to build your business. But now over 2 years in I'm making over 100,000. I never thought by calling and selling jobs I could make this much money. But it does take effort, it takes an intense drive to hit the phones and know some calls may go well some may not. It is a sales job. But I love sales! Im competitive and it keeps me driven. My team is fun. We have boat rides, happy hours, etc. Really cool group of people and my manager is intense but so fun! I've already been promoted and up for a bonus. Love the atmosphere of banging the gong and blasting music when you do a deal.

Cons

The base salary isn't as high as other competitors but the commission structure makes up for it. My friend started the same time as me at our competitor and is still making just a bit over her base. I'm making a ton more.

SThree Response

January 17, 2020Employer Branding

Thanks again for taking the time to share your comments - I hope you continue to enjoy your time working with SThree.

"Interesting Experience so far"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at SThree full-time for less than a year

Pros

Love the office culture Work Hard/ Play hard. Very Social office. For Recruiters/ Consultants training is first rate with tough but highly dedicated team leaders. Company is self aware and does not view itself in a vacum. Dealing effectively with culuture issues and promoting a healthy working enviroment. Talent Acquisition team is first rate. Great stepping stone / good first job. Lots of internal travel oppurtunities. Good starting salary.

Cons

Argubaly too results driven, often can nurture bad habits. ghosts of sales enviorment still linger. potentially luctrative but often wealth is concentrated with managers and senior consultants. High turnover.

3. "Sthree"

Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Munich, Bavaria
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at SThree full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Sales atmosphere -You get what you give -Play hard work hard

Cons

-Micromanagement -Pressure, if you can't handle it might be to much for some people

4. "Place to be a Genuine Recruiter"

5.0
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Singapore

I have been working at SThree full-time for less than a year

Pros

Came in to Sthree with no prior recruitment experience but in the last 2.5 years I have learnt what it is to be a good recruiter; -Tenacity -Genuineness - Boldness In Sthree I have learnt so much from my mentor who is the top biller and has her name plastered all over the recruitment world. All my managers in Sthree has invested time and tools to help me grow within Recruitment. This company not only help you to be a better recruiter but it has programmes to help you develop as a leader. We not only work hard but we play hard together as a team. It is not always a hunky dory journey in recruitment, you hit the highs (good pay cheques) but you also hit rock bottom at times when you miss a deal but the encouraging part is you have a team in Sthree that lifts your spirit and get you up the next morning to want to come in and do well. In the last 2.5 years I have had the support from my awesome team and I found a friend that I can be just as crazy as me.

Cons

Hard Work, KPI driven, rigid lunch hours

5. "Recruiter"

I worked at SThree

Pros

- Great company culture if you like "work hard play harder" - plenty of mentorship

Cons

- many tend to leave after 1 year or less - a bit of a lone wolf environment

6. "Enjoyed my time"

Oil and Gas Recruiter

I worked at SThree

Pros

Company committed to staff development and training, great managers in the Singapore office that lead by example, work hard/play hard environment, chance to make good money.

Cons

work can be repetitive and gets boring. Recruitment is ultimately a sales role so very KPI driven.

Continue reading
  7. "Great place to learn the ropes"

Manager in Amsterdam

I worked at SThree

Pros

great training good career opportunity fun working environment work hard play hard

Cons

micromanagement treated like child politics work/life balance non-existent

"Real Staffing Consultant"

Recruitment Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at SThree

Pros

Had a great experience with Sthree. It was my first ‘real job’ out of college so I was very pleased with the extensive training and support. I learned sales skills I will be using for the rest of my career. If you are an outgoing, smart, hardworking person looking seeking a ‘work hard play hard’ environment you will thrive!

Cons

Lacks diversity racially. No women at an executive-level.

SThree Response

March 28, 2016Talent Acquisition

Thank you for posting! We are delighted to hear you had a great experience working in our San Francisco office. You've made a great point referencing the work needing to be done from a diversity perspective. The San Francisco office is actually comprised of a slightly higher female population than male, and is fortunate to have a strong female leadership presence within its middle management, with some very promising female future leaders in those teams too. Since early 2016, the San Francisco office is very proud to be pioneering a Diversity & Inclusion Committee, creating an awareness of this subject across the company, but more excitingly, spear-heading initiatives that will allow our office to become even more racially diverse, as well as supporting even more women on their journey into senior management.

9. "Exciting place to work"

4.0

I have been working at SThree full-time

Pros

This is a successful company with big aspirations, dozens of offices around the world and some really neat systems to make it easy to get the job done. They have a strong home-grown management team which means a lot of detailed knowledge of the company and a strong sense of pride in results. They make a big effort to train new recruits, particularly those working in the recruitment roles. There is a 'work hard play hard' culture which means regular incentive lunches for those who do well, plus weekends away and big annual trips as well as a genuinely epic Christmas party.

Cons

It can be quite a cynical environment, both in the way it thinks about and treats employees and also in the way it talks about customers. With a high number of young employees there can be a lack of focus on quality although this is something the company is working very hard to overcome. The home-grown leadership can lead to lack of ability to change.

"Good commission, clear progression."

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at SThree full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company culture, lot's of fun incentives, and everyone is really friendly, so lot's of socialising. Lot's of buzz in the offices, and often dress down days, and themed days. It's work hard play hard, so it can be long hours, but the commission is worth it. Progression is clearly set out, and gives you something to work towards.

Cons

Nothing much to mind... Always room for improvement, so the basics could be higher, but I would say they are in-line with the current market.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 16 English Reviews