Cover image for Sage Hospitality

Found 452 of over 457 reviews

3.9
Sage Hospitality President and CEO Walter L. Isenberg
Walter L. Isenberg
Pros
  • "Flexible to your work life balance and growth opportunities(in 10 reviews)

• "Support from senior leadership, pretty good benefits, good team members, locations all over(in 14 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Upper management is out of touch with properties(in 16 reviews)

• "Work life balance is ALWAYS hard in this Industry(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

The best company culture

17 Mar 2023 - People Team in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

I think the people who work at Sage genuinely enjoy their jobs and want to come to work everyday. I work with individuals who care about me not just as an employee but as a person first. You can feel the company culture at the corporate and property level. I feel like there are a lot of opportunities and space for growth and development within the company. The hotel and restaurant discounts are great.

Cons

Cannot think of any at this time. I have been really happy with my experience thus far.

Sage Hospitality Response

Dear Current Sage Associate, Thank you for taking the time to share insight into your experience working with us! We are overjoyed to hear the people have made an impact during your time here. We agree, our differentiator is our culture and the people who drive it. We love to hear that our mission is being felt throughout the employee experience. We invite you to continue to share any feedback that will allow us to grow. Please feel empowered to share this through my.voice@sagehospitalitygroup.com You Belong!

2. 4.0
      Current Employee

23 Mar 2023 - Human Resources Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

There is an emphasis on employee growth at Sage which is what drew me there in the first place. They actively listen to what employees needs are and strive to meet them.

Cons

There is definitely a level of nepotism in some positions which leads to inaction in reponse to things that could be changed for the better.

3. Join the Sage Hospitality team
      See Our Latest Jobs
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Amazing Company with Great Values

21 Mar 2023 - Director of Finance
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company has a great culture, values inclusion, genuinely cares about their employees and the success of everyone.

Cons

High turnover due to the industry.

Sage Hospitality Response

Dear current Sage associate, Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective working for our organization! We are delighted to learn that our efforts towards inclusion, culture, and our people is felt throughout the company. And we agree, the turnover in our industry is a challenge we are committed to fostering toward improvement. If you have any solutions or input on how we can adequately solve our turnover opportunities, we invite you to share them though my.voice@sagehospitalitygroup.com You belong!

5. 3.0
      Former Employee

Change Change Change

14 Mar 2023 - Director of Finance in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company and plenty of options in the Denver market

Cons

Good old boys club Who you know....of course....not the best person for the job per say

Sage Hospitality Response

Dear former Sage Associate, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your employment with our organization. We are elated to hear you enjoyed our portfolio, especially in our home city of Denver. We would love to understand more about your input regarding our opportunities, as it is disheartening to hear this impression. We recognize and celebrate the value everyone brings to an organization; we certainly do not aim to provide opportunities to only those in our network. Feedback helps us continue forward and amplify our values focus. We invite you to share any specific input on your experience through my.voice@sagehospitalitygroup.com. Thank you again for your input- and we wish you all the best in your future professional ventures.

6. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Underpaid

20 Feb 2023 - Group Rooms Coordinator in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

You get to wear headphones, sometimes.

Cons

Difficult to concentrate in an open office area with sales & marketing people yelling over you all day. You often have to work through lunches. They would not offer to purchase a stand-up desk which forces you to sit all day.

Sage Hospitality Response

Dear former Sage Associate, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with the organization. We are saddened to hear your overall experience lacked the belonging culture we emphasize. We completely understand that it is difficult to work on day-to-day work activities in an open office setting. While sometimes structural details are unavoidable, please know, we are making every attempt to provide additional spaces to associates to work, as we recognize and celebrate that everyone works differently! We invite you to share additional feedback with us, as it only helps us strategize how to best respond to our valuable team members needs. Please send input to my.voice@sagehospitalitygroup.com. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

7. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Poorly organized/managed

20 Feb 2023 - Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent in Portland, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

The lack of management engagement means there is also none of the negatives associated with managers

Cons

little to no on the ground management.

Sage Hospitality Response

Dear current Sage Associate: Thank you for taking some time to provide feedback regarding your experience at Sage Hospitality Group. We understand how frustrating it can be with the staffing impacts this industry has experienced, and please know we are making every effort to rectify and rebuild. Providing our team members with the tools and support they need to operate successfully is paramount. We invite you to share any additional solutions you may have to us at my.voice@sagehospitalitygroup.com. Your voice, input, and perspective help us. You belong!

8. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

5 Mar 2023 - Bar Manager in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, good location close to home

Cons

Pay didn't reflect amount of work, hours or expectations

Sage Hospitality Response

Dear former Sage Associate: We want to sincerely thank you for taking some time to share feedback regarding your experience with Sage Hospitality Group. We are saddened to hear your tenure with our company did not reflect our core organizational ethos. We would love to learn more about your experience and any solutions you have for us to improve. You are invited to share additional details through my.voice@sagehospitalitygroup.com We wish you all the best in your future endeavors! You belong.

9. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Great CEO, poor structure for a restaurant company

3 Feb 2023 - Vice President in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Hardworking field staff, innovative thinkers and creators, excellent benefits

Cons

Passive aggressive leadership and favoritism exhibited from the appointed COO who lacked experience for the role, witnessed several great leaders jump ship, and exit the company due to this

Sage Hospitality Response

Dear former Sage Associate: Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective working for Sage Hospitality. We are delighted to hear your praises for the field staff, the spirit of innovation, and our benefits. We are disheartened to receive the perspective regarding our leadership and favoritism. In an effort to understand further, we invite you to share any additional details or proposed solutions to us through my.voice@sagehospitalitygroup.com Thank you for your time, tenure, and input! Wish you all the best in the future.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Company!

18 Feb 2023 - Chief Engineer in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for. Great benefits.

Cons

None! Great company. See above

Sage Hospitality Response

Dear current Sage Associate: Thank you for taking some time to share your experience working for Sage Hospitality Group. We are delighted to hear that after more than 6 years, you share a positive sentiment! That greatly reflects our initiatives in creating belonging, building a culture, and providing our associates with beneficial rewards. If you have any feedback you feel would be helpful for us to navigate, we encourage you to share it through my.voice@sagehospitalitygroup.com. You belong!

11. 2.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

The Difference Between a Boss and Leader Can Be Found Here!

19 Jan 2023 - Night Auditor in Oceanside, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive pay flexible scheduling beautiful surrounding location

Cons

terrible management that doesn't engage employees and passes the buck at every opportunity the group itself is very cheap and this comes downhill hard for hourly employees IE - cutting security and houseman hours, increasing the workflow for everyone else. \

Sage Hospitality Response

Dear current Sage Associate: Thank you for taking the time to share this detailed feedback. It is optimistic to hear your positive input regarding our compensation, scheduling, and location. We agree- we are very proud of the places that we celebrate in our portfolio! We are so sad to hear you're encountering challenges from a leadership level on property. We would be eager to learn more, as we would like to help. We invite you to share more specific feedback through my.voice@sagehospitalitygroup.com. Ultimately, while some of your perspective is hard to share, we appreciate you sharing it, as all feedback helps us evolve as an organization and understand areas we need to rectify. Thank you!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 452 Reviews
    </>Embed

Sage Hospitality Reviews FAQs

Sage Hospitality has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 457 reviews left anonymously by employees. 76% of employees would recommend working at Sage Hospitality to a friend and 71% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Sage Hospitality employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Sage Hospitality. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

76% of Sage Hospitality employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Sage Hospitality 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Sage Hospitality Job Seekers