Sage Hospitality Reviews

Found 416 of over 418 reviews

4.3
Sage Hospitality President and CEO Walter L. Isenberg
Walter L. Isenberg
Pros
  • "Support from senior leadership, pretty good benefits, good team members, locations all over(in 14 reviews)

• "Great company, flexibility, room for growth(in 13 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The pandemic forced us to close restaurants and hotels(in 22 reviews)

• "Upper management is out of touch with properties(in 16 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year
      Featured Review

I have finally found my home!!!

Mar 17, 2022 - General Manager in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Inspiring. Encouraging. Supportive. Freedom. Sense of Belonging

Cons

NONE. Not a single one I can think of. That's kind of a big deal.

People & Culture

Hello! Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your thoughtful review. It warms our hearts to know that our associates and leaders know they are valued and know they belong. We exist to enrich your life and couldn't be more proud of the culture created by having people like you as part of our organization. Thank you!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Proud to work here

May 18, 2022 - Director Of People & Culture in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great management team Many associates with long tenure or who return to the company Home Office are involved and familiar with property level team members

Cons

Need more diversity in corporate leadership Could be more competitive with benefits package i.e. 401K matching

People & Culture

Dear Associate, Thank you for providing your review for Sage Hospitality! We appreciate you sharing what you love about working here, inclusive of the great management and colleagues. We may be biased, but we think we have the best talent around ;) We also appreciate your constructive feedback. While there is always room for improvement with diversity, please know that Sage's diversity metrics actually far exceed national and industry benchmarks and we have several active initiatives to keep the focus on continuous improvement. We are also constantly evaluating our benefits to remain competitive, so thanks again!

3. 5.0

Best Company Ever

May 9, 2022 - General Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Sage cares deeply for all of us staff members. They listen and do everything they can to support us. Especially over the past 2 years. The core DNA of the company is to care deeply for all people and to ensure everyone is treated with great worth, dignity and respect. I have experienced that every day for the last 18 years.

Cons

None. Sage is a great company. I will never leave.

People & Culture

Dear Associate: It's hard to type this reply with tears in our eyes. We thank you for your heartfelt review. We could not be more proud to have you as a leader within our organization and are so honored and humbled by the fact that you feel how much we truly care for our associates. We commit to continue driving the heart, soul, and DNA of Sage! #YouBelong

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Amazing company!

May 9, 2022 - Assistant General Manager in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, community ambassador, focused on development, attentive to personal needs, flexible and understanding.

Cons

None. None. None. None. None.

People & Culture

Hello! First of all, thank you for providing your review. Second, thank you for your years of service and for enriching so many lives! We are sure you have also been an amazing ambassador of our culture, community outreach, development, flexibility, etc. It's because of people like you that we exist #YOUBELONG!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

LOVE IT

May 9, 2022 - Operations Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

This place has become my second home; I love the people, the culture and the daily work.

Cons

Corporate can sometimes be a bit out of touch with what is happening on the property level. No diversity at the Executive corporate level.

People & Culture

As a hospitality company, we could not ask for anything more than to be a second home for people (both associates and guests alike) -- you are right that the culture and people truly make that a reality! Please know that we all exist to enrich the lives of our associates and support our properties. We would love to hear any additional suggestions you might have at my.voice@sagehospitalitygroup.com. We would also like to share that we have a deliberate DE&I initiative, and while Sage actually has amazing diversity metrics, we are committed to ensuring those are reflected at all levels of the organization. Thank you again, welcome home, and YOU BELONG!

6. 5.0

Great place to work

May 9, 2022 - Director of Marketing
      Business Outlook

Pros

Positive and collaborative culture Strong core values of hospitality and belonging People are passionate, intelligent, kind, and they genuinely care about the work they do and the people they work with and serve Promotes from within; many employees with long tenures Fair pay Encourages work/life balance

Cons

Would be great to see more diversity in senior leadership/executive roles

People & Culture

Dear Sage Associate: Thank you for taking the time to write your review! We couldn't be happier to read your comments describing our You Belong culture and the amazing people you work with. We work hard to ensure all associates feel like they belong at Sage. We would also love to mention that we have an active DE&I initiative, and while Sage actually has amazing diversity metrics, we are committed to ensuring those are reflected at all levels of the organization. Thank you!

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing

May 8, 2022 - Server/Bartender in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Love working for such an inclusive company

Cons

Very busy high service bar. Lot of time and effort put into maintaining it.

People & Culture

Dear Current Associate: Thank you for taking time to leave your review! Many more thanks for all of the hard work that you put into into maintaining a high-service bar in Denver -- it's a happening scene! We so appreciate you enriching the lives of our guests. Please know that Sage exists to enrich your life -- being an inclusive companies is just one of the many ways we seek to do that. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you!

8. 5.0

Strong Worker Bonds

May 2, 2022 - Barista
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast Paced, Rewarding, Union, Experienced Staff, Upscale Property

Cons

Limited Hours Slow seasons because of the Industry

People & Culture

Dear Current Associate: Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your review of Sage Hospitality! We appreciate you noting the quality of our properties and rewarding work. We are also really happy to hear that you get to experience strong bonds with your colleagues. We are so proud of and humbled by all of our amazing associates :) As you mention, there are certain ebbs and flows for our industry, which all the more reason why the work and our co-workers are so important! Thanks again.

9. 5.0

great place and culture

May 2, 2022 - Director of Culinary Operations
      Business Outlook

Pros

care for the employees and lots of growth

Cons

lots of growth haha but not a bad con

People & Culture

Dear Associate: We appreciate your review! You touch on the thing we care most about, which is enriching the lives of our associates through our culture. We also consider ourselves fortunate to be focused on growing after the past several years and are so excited to go through this journey with our wonderful associates. Thank you for joining us for this ride!

10. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Eh

May 16, 2022 - Front Desk Ambassador in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits, people, and schedules.

Cons

Any new or startup properties you can expect minimal staffing and under-experienced management.

People & Culture

Dear Former Associate, Thank you for reaching out. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed the benefits, people, and scheduling during your time with Sage. These are important considerations to enriching lives! We have also noted your your constructive feedback. New properties always present many exciting opportunities, which is why we have a dedicated transition teams to help along the way. While it may take time to get fully up and running, please know we are always committed to the success of our new properties. If you would like to provide further detail to help us improve, we invite you to email my.voice@sagehospitalitygroup.com.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 416 Reviews

Sage Hospitality Reviews FAQs

Sage Hospitality has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 418 reviews left anonymously by employees. 83% of employees would recommend working at Sage Hospitality to a friend and 79% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 10% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Sage Hospitality employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Sage Hospitality. This rating has improved by 12% over the last 12 months.

83% of Sage Hospitality employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Sage Hospitality 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Sage Hospitality Job Seekers