Sage Hospitality Reviews

Found 373 of over 374 reviews

3.9
Sage Hospitality President and CEO Walter L. Isenberg
Walter L. Isenberg
Pros
  • "Great Benefits within this company(in 13 reviews)

• "Good Benefits, Decent Pay, Constantly evolving with the times(in 11 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Corporate can feel so separate from the hotels(in 21 reviews)

• "Upper management out of touch with the hourly worker(in 15 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year
      Featured Review

Go for Sage!

Apr 20, 2021 - General Manager in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Kind. Well organized. Well run hotel & Restaurant company

Cons

None that I know. So far this has been a perfect working experience.

People & Culture

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We loved reading about your positive experience with Sage and look forward to many more years of success together!

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great culture

Oct 17, 2021 - Front Office Supervisor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing opportunity for growth being recognized for your work

Cons

I dont have any cons

People & Culture

Dear Associate, First of all, thank you for your impressive and valued tenure with Sage! We appreciate you sharing your feedback and your experience based on your three years with us -- we are so happy to hear you felt recognized for your hard work and were motivated by growth opportunities. That is truly what we strive for with all of our associates as part of our You Belong culture! Take care, may our paths cross again soon!

3. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Don't care about their employees

Oct 15, 2021 - Night Auditor, Front Desk Agent, Manager On Duty
      Business Outlook

Pros

Not many, the industry has tanked hard.

Cons

Look for work elsewhere please

People & Culture

Dear Reviewer: As you mention, our industry has been greatly impacted by the events of the last 18+ months; but we can assure you that our primary focus has been ensuring the health and wellbeing of our associates and guests. We have invested heavily in safety efforts, Sage Forward, and our You Belong culture because we care deeply about our associates and those we serve every day. We would welcome any detailed feedback you have at my.voice@sagehospitality.com. Thank you.

4. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Corporate Culture is Nightmarish

Sep 29, 2021 - Restaurant Manager in Savannah, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent Benefits Average/Average+ Compensation Good Amount of Autonomy

Cons

Played Up "Adversarial" Relationship Between Hotel and Restaurant Management A Conduit For Exploitation of Line Level Employees

People & Culture

Dear Former Associate, We are saddened to read about your overall perception and experience. To your point, Sage Hospitality Group consists of several different companies, and they work tirelessly together to pursue our mission, vision, and strategy. Please know one of our top priorities is to enrich the lives of our associates and our leaders are committed to that priority across companies and levels. We put immense effort and investment into our You Belong culture, so would welcome any specific examples you have at myvoice@sagehospitalitygroup.com. Thank you and be well.

5. 4.0

Great place for growth

Sep 3, 2021 - Senior Restaurant Manager in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of properties to work at.

Cons

SRC likes to muck things up

People & Culture

Dear Current Associate, Thank you for providing your review. We are always glad to see positive endorsements of our CEO, business outlook, and that you would recommend Sage as a great place to work -- thank you (and we agree!). As you note, Sage has several companies (ex: Sage Hotel Management and Sage Restaurant Concepts) and we are always working to maximize efficiency and communication between them. If you have specific details we can help with, please don't hesitate to reach out at my.voice@sagehospitality.com. Thank you for your continued dedication to Sage and our guests -- YOU BELONG!

6. 3.0
      Current Employee

nothing good

Aug 29, 2021 - Resident Physician in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

boyhering environment low salary and income

Cons

just the same as i wrote before

People & Culture

Dear Reviewer, We would welcome the opportunity to learn more specifics about your review and invite you to reach out to myvoice@sagehospitalitygroup.com. Thank you!

7. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great CEO

Jul 29, 2021 - Accounting Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

CEO always support employees The growth of Sage was big Fun place to work Located Downtown

Cons

The controller at Sage was very aggressive with GL accounts and did not want to use other people's ideas.

People & Culture

Dear Former Employee, We thank you for taking the time to write your review. Thank you also for sharing your experience regarding our supportive CEO and your perspective on working in our fun downtown office! We have also noted your constructive feedback, as we want to ensure associates know that we welcome ideas and are always looking to continue to innovate. Thank you!

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company and Good Staff

Jul 19, 2021 - Lead Bartender in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Full Benefits Supportive Management Great Hours for Bartenders Celebrity Clientele

Cons

Bar areas need remodel for efficiency. Likely being done now under new ownership.

People & Culture

Dear Former Employee, Thank you for taking the time to provide your review. We were so glad to read about all of the "Pros" from your time with Sage, from comprehensive benefits to supportive management and considerate scheduling (not to mention fun clientele)! We are always keeping an eye on improvements, and please don't hesitate to reach out if you have specific suggestions for efficiencies (myvoice@sagehospitalitygroup.com). Thank you!

9. 5.0

Amazing company

Jul 17, 2021 - Front End Developer
      Business Outlook

Pros

The culture is really good. They take care of their employees.

Cons

Health insurance is a bit expensive

People & Culture

Dear Current Employee, Thank you for taking the time to leave your review of Sage! We are so glad to hear you like the culture -- enriching the lives of our associates and letting them know that YOU BELONG is a top priority for us. Please also know we are constantly evaluating benefits and offerings for our associates!

10. 4.0
      Current Employee

GOOD COMPANY

Jul 2, 2021 - Meeting Planner in Pittsburgh, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

good work/life balance. Good work environment.

Cons

bonuses can be hard to reach

People & Culture

Dear Current Employee, Thank you for leaving your feedback! We are glad to hear you enjoy your work environment and work life balance. Please feel free to reach out to your P&C leader for any conversations around performance/bonuses, or myvoice@sagehospitalitygroup.com. Thank you!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 373 Reviews