66% would recommend to a friend
(13944 total reviews)
66% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "good pay very chill job just get paid to go on your phone and sell ciggies" (in 1586 reviews)
- "Colleagues are friendly and willing to help without making you look stupid as a new starter." (in 802 reviews)
- "Nice People and you get to know most of them if you work with them." (in 654 reviews)
- "All staff is friendly and I love when they support me anytime when i need them." (in 566 reviews)
- "Benefits are good and hours" (in 231 reviews)
- "Poor management and lack of clear authority for the department often caused confusion amongst staff." (in 917 reviews)
- "Managers can be rude and demanding" (in 736 reviews)
- "Boring and long hours with overtime" (in 516 reviews)
- "very short breaks if you compare it to the work intensity; therefore there is less motivation and productivity" (in 163 reviews)
- "No career progression if you're not a favourite either!" (in 92 reviews)
Found 13,944 of over 15T reviews
Updated 1 Dec 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.022 Feb 2023Assistant Quality TechnologistFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsNew Delhi
International exposure directly with clients and good place to learn
Team in India is completely different to that of in UK and more like authoritarian
- 2.025 Aug 2022Customer ServiceCurrent Employee, more than 5 years
Good salary, friendly staff, annual leave
Toxic work environment due to management and restructure. Workload too high, not being given the time to do your job properly due to covering other departments because of lack of staff.
Sainsbury’s Reviews FAQs
Sainsbury’s has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 14,704 reviews left anonymously by employees. 66% of employees would recommend working at Sainsbury’s to a friend and 47% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
66% of Sainsbury’s employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Sainsbury’s 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.1 for career opportunities.