Saint-Gobain Life Sciences Employee Reviews about "good benefits"

Updated Jul 18, 2019

Found 4 of over 91 reviews

4.1
Saint-Gobain Life Sciences CEO , Life Sciences Jean Angus
Jean Angus
Pros
  • "Good benefits, treat employees with respect(in 18 reviews)

• "That allows everyone to be engaged in the work environment and everybody is really friendly as well(in 16 reviews)

• Cons
  • "This company is quite heavy on the upper management(in 8 reviews)

• "Can be a lot of un-necessary red tape(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "good benefits"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Company going through growing pains

Jul 18, 2019 - Material Handler in Clearwater, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Health benefits are good. They give out snacks once a month.

Cons

12 1/2 hour shifts. No holidays off. Management doesn't listen to the concerns of employees. As long as the product goes out the door, they don't care how. Material Handlers do more than just move material. In charge of all shipping and kitting, but pay is the same as average, with more responsibility. Other places, these would be three separate jobs. The department has been understaffed for over a year.

Continue reading
    2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Decent Place of Employment

May 4, 2019 - Utility Operator in Portage, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent pay, nice insurance, good benefits

Cons

Upper management isn't the best

3. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Total Chaos at times

Mar 23, 2017 - Quality in Garden Grove, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Stable company, good benefits. I love the people I work with.

Cons

Well my list is long. A few years ago, I would have said this was a great place to work. In the last few years our upper management has changed 3 times. Now I don't think the right hand knows what the left hand is doing. Our supervisors are very hands off and disconnected from the production floor. If you need any help from management, forget it. It will be faster to try and fix the problem yourself, or get help from another production worker. Management doesn't hold themselves accountable. But if an issue arises, production will get the blame. We are under staffed and only a few select positions will get filled. Also we do not train here, you will have to figure it all out for yourself. Just a few short years ago we were the flagship site for this company, but now we can't get out of our own way. We manage from crises to crises and wonder why we lose customers. So if you want to be treated like a child, who is running with scissors then this is the place for you.

Continue reading
      11 people found this review helpful

Saint-Gobain Life Sciences Response

Human Resource Director, ENC

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to point out areas where we could improve. We acknowledge that management has turned over and believe we now have an established professional who will help us improve Garden Grove. Innovation and Continuous improvement are key to our success as a business and as a site. As you mention, there can never be enough communication. This was apparent in the employee engagement survey responses and in the employee focus groups that were recently held on site. I am certain that since you took the time to voice your opinion you are someone we want helping us make Garden Grove a great place to work. I would encourage you to reach out to your local Human Resource Manager to further discuss your ideas and concerns.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company, nice work culture, many dedicated employees, very safe.

Jul 21, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Portage, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Compensation and benefits are good, plenty of opportunties to move into different positions on the floor as well as other sites. Extremly safe work environment, as well as clean.

Cons

Sometimes bureacracy can slow things down but it is a very large organization which comes with the territory. Bumping up vacation allowance would be a plus.

Saint-Gobain Life Sciences Response

Talent & Development Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review our company! Safety is priority #1 and it’s great to hear that you see and feel this in the culture at your location. Saint-Gobain has an EHS Charter: ZERO work related accidents, ZERO occupational illnesses, and ZERO environmental accidents and minimum impact of our activities. We are dedicated to this goal and appreciate the contributions made by our employees each day. Vacation is one of our many offerings in our Total Rewards package and we appreciate your insights as Performance Plastics strives to remain competitive. Our Total Rewards package includes medical, dental, pharmacy, vision, short-term disability, company paid life insurance, 401(k) with a rich company match and yes, a company-funded pension (also known as our retirement accumulation plan)!

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 English Reviews