Saint-Gobain Reviews in Paris | Glassdoor.co.in

Pierre-André de Chalendar
  1. "Experts"

Current Employee - Organizational Development Manager in Paris

I have been working at Saint-Gobain full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

How the experts are treated in different companies

Cons

which are recommendation for us

Saint-Gobain2018-11-07
  2. "It has been a learning and knowledge walk."

Current Employee - IT AION CONSULTANT in Paris

I have been working at Saint-Gobain full-time for more than a year

Pros

Constant investment in training and professional development. It's a fantastic group, full of opportunities and a bright future ahead.

Cons

Very attached to its history, characteristic of its years of existence. More challenging and risk-taking challenges are needed.

Advice to Management

They need to improve the communication with employees. There are talents to be discovered and the business will advance better if everyone feels responsible for contributing.

Saint-Gobain2019-06-14
  3. "A great company to work"

Current Intern - Digital Marketing Assistant in Paris

I have been working at Saint-Gobain for less than a year

Pros

Autonomous, Healthy work environment, Training and Integration, provides responsibilites, Working with a dedicated set of individuals and intelects

Cons

Complex Company Organization, The hierarchy is long and the vertical structure of the organization can be complex at times.

Advice to Management

To ensure that every employee visits the manufacturing and assembling sites in order to truly associate with the company's core product

Saint-Gobain2017-04-24
  4. "Very good and stable company"

in Paris

I worked at Saint-Gobain for less than a year

Pros

Extremely friendly people, supportive team. As an intern, I felt that my work made a difference and I was given responsibility to do meaningful things for the team.

Cons

The corporate culture is a bit old-fashioned and extremely hierarchical; probably linked to the company's circa 300 year old age but it's sometimes frustrating.

Advice to Management

Perhaps too much conservatism in certain respects, but this fits with the company's enduring global presence

Saint-Gobain2017-01-07
  5. "Saint-Gobain"

I have been working at Saint-Gobain full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

High-calibre colleagues, an open and transparent environment, quite informal for a large French company, clear strategy, good products and a company with an excellent reputation. Atmosphere that is both very demanding and respectful of the individual

Cons

Limited commitment to advanced IT solutions, sometimes overly reliant on the consensus decision-making model

Advice to Management

We need greater diversity at the senior level and a greater willingness to move outside our traditional core markets to generate higher growth

Saint-Gobain2016-12-21
  6. "Great company with real values"

I have been working at Saint-Gobain full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

True collaborative and respectful culture, a lot of very smart people

Cons

nothing negative I can think of

Saint-Gobain2016-10-14
  7. "I've never worked with better people"

in Paris

I have been working at Saint-Gobain

Pros

Great mission. Great people. Great values. It's a great place to work.

Cons

The company is not very well known among friends and family.

Advice to Management

Continue the evolution of our branding and communication towards a more modern style.

Saint-Gobain2016-09-07
  8. "Saint-Gobain"

I have been working at Saint-Gobain full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Limited pressure on staff Innovative company Multiple job opportunities among numerous BUs

Cons

HR relationship with employees almost unexistant Heavy decision making process Not change oriented

Advice to Management

More transparency, exemplarity and equal chances to access management positions

Saint-Gobain2016-06-24
  9. "An old-school great multinational company"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Paris

I have been working at Saint-Gobain full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

SG is a galaxy, the possibilities for mobility and evolution are endless. The group accepts (tolerates) failure and average performance to such an extent and that makes it very human, meaning that a good balance will be found between your personal situation and your work. Lots of possibilities for overseas trainings and missions, hence this has been slowing down do the economic situation. Good work life balance,... great benefits (holidays, pension plan...) A world-class training program and visibility to top management is fairly good for a group of that size.

Cons

Can be very bureaucratic and political. The double geographical and functional organization often leads to multiple bosses who often play against each other. The management style is post French WW2 style and did not much evolve since the 1950's: a French white man who graduated from X/Mines will be promoted better and quicker (unrelated to his performance). Salaries are disconnected from the market value and it... leads to lose a part of the immense human capital available in the group. It is not rare to be proposed 30+% more outside of the group. The locations might be a challenge for engineers (industrial countryside areas).

Advice to Management

Accept to rise salaries in line with market value and talent, economic cost will be compensated by the performance and motivation increase. Invest even more in diversity ! Only one woman at the board and she is French/white/HEC, other board members are old club French white male. Stop speaking about age when speaking about career evolution - talent is not a birthdate. Take more risks with your employees !

Saint-Gobain2016-02-29
  10. "great at mobility and respect of people"

Current Employee - C&B in Paris

I have been working at Saint-Gobain full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Career opportunities Mobility both geographic, functional and business Strategy Values applied How we support solving the challenges around sustainability, comfort and environment The people The management

Cons

Moving towards being truly global but at times still very French Seeing change and speed as key but will take time to get this into all levels of management

Saint-Gobain2016-01-14