Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics District Sales Manager Reviews

Updated 6 Apr 2020

4.5
Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Senior Vice-President in charge of the High Performance Materials Sector Laurent Guillot
Laurent Guillot
1 Rating
  1. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Poznań, Greater Poland

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time

Pros

Stable and "well oiled" machine

Cons

Sometimes too rigid and long decision making process

2. "Focused on narrow area."

Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Seoul

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Can experience a variety of industries. Can have a opportunity to drive your own project.

Cons

Slow and conservative. Hard to be a market leader.

"Great people, relaxed working environment, direction of company is questionable."

Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Garden Grove, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

Pros

Great benefits (401k matching, pension, healthcare, company car, etc). Great people. Management does not micromanage. Management cares about employee satisfaction.

Cons

Company invests time, money, and resources on unnecessary endeavors while ignoring some blatant needs. Workloads tend to be very high due to company being "lean"

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Response

March 12, 2017Director of HR

Thanks for recognizing the work we are doing to provide a good Total Rewards package for employees. I encourage you to share your ideas on where we should focus our attention so we build a solid foundation to support our growth with your local management team.

4. "Working at Saint-Gobain High Performance Materials"

Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Stafford, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very good corporate benefit structure

Cons

Very poor people management in Sales

5. "Great Place to have a Career."

Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Saratoga Springs, NY

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great employee benefits, global company, great networking, great people, world class manufacturing, innovative, great opportunity for growth within the company.

Cons

some locations are outdated, but they are striving to revamp. CRM system is old and hard to work with, but improving in 2017 to a new platform.

6. "District Sales Manager"

Former Employee - District Sales Manager in Shanghai, Shanghai

I worked at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Huge multi-national company, good platform, global support from EU and USA, chance for relocation to US and EU.

Cons

complicated internal relationship, slow market reaction due to big management structure. Taiwanese management, critical to low-level employees, bad company atmosphere.

Continue reading

"I planned on retiring from this company after only a few years of service."

Current Employee - District Sales Manager

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have worked for SGPPL for 17 years and found if to be very interesting and rewarding. The company breeds a culture of individualism, creativity, and empowerment. In my years with the company I have always felt like I could try anything within reason to reach both my individual and corporate goals. I have found the president of the organization Mr. Kinisky very open and engaging. He is excellent in sharing news of the division as well as the overall company. He is always striving to take us to the next level while also rewarding our current efforts of growth. He and his team showed excellent leadership and executed a very good plan to guide us through the crisis of 2008-2009. Excellent benefit package with good bonus potential, healthcare coverage, 401K, and pension package.

Cons

I have found the company sometimes too loyal. Some new hires did not work out as planned and they were held on too long making it very difficult on other group members to pick up the slack. The cost of the health care "cost sharing" has gone up almost every year I have been here, but I believe this is more of a country problem than a company one.

"Only as a last resort"

1.0
    District Sales Manager

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics

Pros

The only reason that working here is even remotely tolerable is because my co-workers are good people. I also enjoy the products, industry and my customers in general. There is also a chance to travel abroad every once in a while if you are interested in that.

Cons

I don't have as much interaction with the folks on the VP and our President, so this review is directed mainly at management for my business unit. The lack of competence is really quite shocking is you are coming from an organization with any level of competence whatsoever. Leadership for the commercial organization has no idea how to find new business in this industry and the philosophy of senior management is to keep high performers in their current positions without promotion as long as possible. That way they have people in place who can make them look good while they remain clueless. In the past year, my manager and his manager have both been fired (deservedly). They are being replaced by people from completely outside of our industry who have no idea about our products or customers as well as very poor management skills. Many qualified internal candidates have been passed over for these positions and morale is at an all time low. Every person in my sales group would leave tomorrow if the right opportunity was presented. Our group GM never communicates with anyone below Director level and does nothing to motivate other than promote an environment of fear. Production facilities have had major quality and on time delivery issues while treating the customer like the enemy and failing to do the right thing to fix the problem until the customer threatens to leave. The president of our group also takes pride in the fact that our compensation is below industry average. Our bonus is capped, so it doesn't matter if you have a great year or if you barely make budget. Your bonus will not change and it is only paid out once a year.

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 8 reviews