Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics District Sales Manager Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Find jobs for District Sales Manager

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics District Sales Manager Reviews

Updated Mar 2, 2017

Found 6 reviews

4.3
Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics CEO Laurent Guillot
Laurent Guillot

"Great people, relaxed working environment, direction of company is questionable."

Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Garden Grove, CA

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits (401k matching, pension, healthcare, company car, etc). Great people. Management does not micromanage. Management cares about employee satisfaction.

Cons

Company invests time, money, and resources on unnecessary endeavors while ignoring some blatant needs. Workloads tend to be very high due to company being "lean"

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2017-03-02

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Response

March 12, 2017Director of HR

Thanks for recognizing the work we are doing to provide a good Total Rewards package for employees. I encourage you to share your ideas on where we should focus our attention so we build a solid foundation to support our growth with your local management team.

2. "Working at Saint-Gobain High Performance Materials"

Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Stafford, England

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very good corporate benefit structure

Cons

Very poor people management in Sales

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2017-03-01
  3. "Great Place to have a Career."

Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Saratoga Springs, NY

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great employee benefits, global company, great networking, great people, world class manufacturing, innovative, great opportunity for growth within the company.

Cons

some locations are outdated, but they are striving to revamp. CRM system is old and hard to work with, but improving in 2017 to a new platform.

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2017-02-01
  4. "District Sales Manager"

Former Employee - District Sales Manager in Shanghai, Shanghai

I worked at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Huge multi-national company, good platform, global support from EU and USA, chance for relocation to US and EU.

Cons

complicated internal relationship, slow market reaction due to big management structure. Taiwanese management, critical to low-level employees, bad company atmosphere.

Advice to Management

management structure is too complicated, reaction is too slow, bad company culture,

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2016-07-06

"I planned on retiring from this company after only a few years of service."

Current Employee - District Sales Manager

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have worked for SGPPL for 17 years and found if to be very interesting and rewarding. The company breeds a culture of individualism, creativity, and empowerment. In my years with the company I have always felt like I could try anything within reason to reach both my individual and corporate goals. I have found the president of the organization Mr. Kinisky very open and engaging. He is excellent in sharing news of...

Cons

I have found the company sometimes too loyal. Some new hires did not work out as planned and they were held on too long making it very difficult on other group members to pick up the slack. The cost of the health care "cost sharing" has gone up almost every year I have been here, but I believe this is more of a country problem than a company one.

Advice to Management

Newer employees have to be challenged right out of the gate. In addition to new job training, they need to be brought into the fold quickly as the younger generations look for instant gratification. A long and slow transition into their job might lead to boredom and losing a potentially valuable employee to another company.

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2014-10-23

"Only as a last resort"

Current Employee - District Sales Manager in

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics

Pros

The only reason that working here is even remotely tolerable is because my co-workers are good people. I also enjoy the products, industry and my customers in general. There is also a chance to travel abroad every once in a while if you are interested in that.

Cons

I don't have as much interaction with the folks on the VP and our President, so this review is directed mainly at management for my business unit. The lack of competence is really quite shocking is you are coming from an organization with any level of competence whatsoever. Leadership for the commercial organization has no idea how to find new business in this industry and the philosophy of senior management is to keep...

Advice to Management

-Uncap the compensation plan and pay out bonus more than once a year -Reward high performers with opportunity for promotion. Believe it or not, my lifelong ambition is not to stay a DSM forever. The first option should not be to look outside the group to fill vacancies. -Take an interest in the morale of the group. -Do the right thing for the customer without them asking us to. They should not have to harass us...

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2012-05-05