Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Intern Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Laurent Guillot
  1. "Engineering Intern"

Former Employee - Engineering Intern in Somerset, NJ

I worked at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics for more than a year

Pros

The people in Engineering push you to grow.

Cons

Attitude of workers that have been there for decades is poor

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2017-12-26
  2. "Great company, really friendly environment"

Former Employee - Intern

I worked at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics for less than a year

Pros

Working at Saint Gobain was great, I learned a lot and was really impressed by their work culture. The company has committees for different aspects within it, like a safety committee and fun committee, and these commitees plan out events and initiatives in the factory on top of the normal work of their members. That allows everyone to be engaged in the work environment and everybody is really friendly as well. The work...

Cons

There could have been more professional development events for interns, there were a few but those were few and far between.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. I'd want to see upper level management interact a little more with interns, but that seems like it would be difficult to pull off

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2016-09-28
  3. "Need to create a culture of accountability"

Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer Intern

I worked at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics

Pros

Everyone I worked with loved their job

Cons

Did not like being so involved in negotiations with vendors as a process engineer. Felt very uncomfortable negotiating terms.

Advice to Management

Create a culture of accountability.

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2016-10-08

"Awesome Experience!"

Current Employee - Intern - Hourly in Solon, OH

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics

Pros

The people are incredibly friendly and inclusive. I felt like i was included immediately in the office during my first day. My supervisor was awesome and gave me real projects to work on while giving me the ability to be creative with them. Other members of the department were friendly and willing to let me help with their projects. I got the feeling they really cared about me getting the most out of this experience as...

Cons

I think the internship program should be advertised more. It was difficult to locate any ads or postings for it online. being there I know the company is looking to expand the program and i think making it easier apply would help for recruitment.

Advice to Management

Overall i felt that management cared about the employees and what they had to say. I know they were very curious about what interns had to say and how they could make the program better. Tom Kinisky took the time to sit down with us interns to hear our input on how the program could be improved.

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2016-08-02

"Can't imagine a better first real job experience"

Current Employee - Human Resources Intern in Solon, OH

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics for less than a year

Pros

Company culture, freedom to take initiative, recognition and praise given where it is due, willingness to help others, respect for others regardless of job level

Cons

The only downside is having my internship come to an end as i return to school too far away from here to continue work.

Advice to Management

Provide more challenging work for interns. I can see the hesitancy to give too much work but having more will make for a better experience than not having enough.

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2016-08-02
  6. "Underpaid intern"

Current Employee - Engineering Intern in South Merrimack, NH

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics for more than 3 years

Pros

laid back work environment, flexible hours, SOME great people, interesting product line

Cons

not recognised for many years of experience, no pay raise after 3+ years. treated disrespectfully by other employees at times. very underpaid for an engineering internship.

Advice to Management

recognise interns with pay raises when they have many years of experience in a department

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2016-08-03
  7. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Intern in Charlton, MA

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics for less than a year

Pros

Great work environment, Great team based work space

Cons

Their are no cons to working at this company

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2015-11-02
  8. "Great place to start"

Former Employee - Communications Intern

I worked at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics

Pros

I had a positive learning experience as an intern. The company culture is beginning to embrace creativity and innovation. I was never afraid to try/suggest something new. Management seems to be aware of issues within the company and is implementing change where needed. Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics was a great place to start out. The culture is welcoming and I was able to leave with a positive outlook on "the...

Cons

Can be old-fashioned at times but is slowly but surely making its way to the current decade. The company is large and communication does not always make it to all sites/locations or levels.

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2015-06-09

"R&D intern"

Former Employee - R&D Intern in San Diego, CA

I worked at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics for less than a year

Pros

Very nice working environment. Not busy. Nice colleagues. Nice boss. Not hard tasks.

Cons

Low pay. Sometimes not very efficient. Different working schedule of other people. Small company, maybe not for a career.

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2014-05-29
  10. "Treated Interns with Respect, Responsibility"

Former Employee - Intern in

I worked at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics

Pros

I was given a rewarding and complex problem and allowed personal ownership of the direction it was headed. I was not treated as lesser than the full time and senior engineers. I appreciated being included in the team.

Cons

As an intern, there was not enough work to fill the days. Some of the aspects of the job felt tedious but overall, a good experience.

Advice to Management

The university programs are in good order, I think. It would be helpful to have a clearer outline of the tasks and scope of the project given to student interns such that time is not wasted at the beginning of an assignment.

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2012-01-12