Find jobs for Intern

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Intern Reviews

Updated 26 Dec 2017

4.3
Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Senior Vice-President in charge of the High Performance Materials Sector Laurent Guillot
Laurent Guillot
0 Rating
  1. "Engineering Intern"

Former Intern - Engineering Intern in Somerset, NJ

I worked at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics for more than a year

Pros

The people in Engineering push you to grow.

Cons

Attitude of workers that have been there for decades is poor

2. "Great company, really friendly environment"

Former Intern - Intern

I worked at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics for less than a year

Pros

Working at Saint Gobain was great, I learned a lot and was really impressed by their work culture. The company has committees for different aspects within it, like a safety committee and fun committee, and these commitees plan out events and initiatives in the factory on top of the normal work of their members. That allows everyone to be engaged in the work environment and everybody is really friendly as well. The work wasn't tedious and I got to take on multiple roles, which I enjoyed.

Cons

There could have been more professional development events for interns, there were a few but those were few and far between.

Continue reading

3. "Need to create a culture of accountability"

Manufacturing Engineer Intern

I worked at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics

Pros

Everyone I worked with loved their job

Cons

Did not like being so involved in negotiations with vendors as a process engineer. Felt very uncomfortable negotiating terms.

"Awesome Experience!"

Intern - Hourly in Solon, OH

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics

Pros

The people are incredibly friendly and inclusive. I felt like i was included immediately in the office during my first day. My supervisor was awesome and gave me real projects to work on while giving me the ability to be creative with them. Other members of the department were friendly and willing to let me help with their projects. I got the feeling they really cared about me getting the most out of this experience as i could. The other interns were nice and fun to work with. Having another job i was worried about how flexible they were going to be, but they were very flexible with my other work schedule which i appreciated. The building is brand new with plenty of space for interns to have their own cubicles. The internship was paid which is a plus for me being a college student. Overall i had an awesome experience and will be sad to leave soon. I will definitely miss the people the most!

Cons

I think the internship program should be advertised more. It was difficult to locate any ads or postings for it online. being there I know the company is looking to expand the program and i think making it easier apply would help for recruitment.

Continue reading

"Can't imagine a better first real job experience"

Current Intern - Human Resources Intern in Solon, OH

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics for less than a year

Pros

Company culture, freedom to take initiative, recognition and praise given where it is due, willingness to help others, respect for others regardless of job level

Cons

The only downside is having my internship come to an end as i return to school too far away from here to continue work.

6. "Underpaid intern"

2.0
    Current Intern - Engineering Intern in South Merrimack, NH

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics for more than 3 years

Pros

laid back work environment, flexible hours, SOME great people, interesting product line

Cons

not recognised for many years of experience, no pay raise after 3+ years. treated disrespectfully by other employees at times. very underpaid for an engineering internship.

7. "Great employee's"

EHS Intern in Merrimack, NH

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics

Pros

Overall I have found Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Merrimack to be a great place to work. The people are who really make this place excellent, from the plant manager all the way down to hourly temp employees. The facility has a tremendous safety culture and is a very safe place to work at. There is lots of oppurtunity after graduation at this facility or one of the many Saint-Gobain facilities in the U.S. and I would highly recomend working here.

Cons

There are some big company problems associated with Saint-Gobain, as expected. Getting the nessessary security tag and computer account can take some time when starting out but other than that I have had no issues whatsoever.

8. "Great Company"

Intern in Charlton, MA

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics for less than a year

Pros

Great work environment, Great team based work space

Cons

Their are no cons to working at this company

9. "Great place to start"

Communications Intern

I worked at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics

Pros

I had a positive learning experience as an intern. The company culture is beginning to embrace creativity and innovation. I was never afraid to try/suggest something new. Management seems to be aware of issues within the company and is implementing change where needed. Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics was a great place to start out. The culture is welcoming and I was able to leave with a positive outlook on "the real world."

Cons

Can be old-fashioned at times but is slowly but surely making its way to the current decade. The company is large and communication does not always make it to all sites/locations or levels.

"R&D intern"

Former Intern - R&D Intern in San Diego, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics for less than a year

Pros

Very nice working environment. Not busy. Nice colleagues. Nice boss. Not hard tasks.

Cons

Low pay. Sometimes not very efficient. Different working schedule of other people. Small company, maybe not for a career.

Found 11 reviews