Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Manager Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Laurent Guillot

"Bearings specific review"

Current Employee - Applications Manager in Bangalore

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics

Pros

.Autonomy .Networking .No micromanagement .5 Day work week .Sales oriented organisation

Cons

.Indian Partner Grindwell too conservative .Cost conscious in expansion .Terrible Pay scale .Commoditised organisation wrt Grindwell

Advice to Management

Please make Performance plastics seperate entity from Grindwell Norton Ltd

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2016-02-13
  2. "Market Development Manager"

Current Employee - Market Development Manager in Solon, OH

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Forward-looking, innovative and driven team approach. Strong holistic focus on the entire business, including employee well-being, not just cost or quarterly results. Innovative products backed by world-class R&D and a willingness to invest intelligently.

Cons

None at this point in time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2018-03-21
  3. "Evolution is encouraged!"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Personal drive will be the key to your success! The resources and tools are available to drive your personal and professional growth. Employees are amazing and products are extremely impactful.

Cons

Too much customization of software and too many systems built in-house that only serve to support point-in-time issues. Limited work across plants, unless they are in the same business unit; expertise is contained within the business unit and rarely leveraged for the greater good of the PPL enterprise.

Advice to Management

The business units are too segmented and allowed to make too many siloed decisions; it greatly limits positions that span across business units or activities. Software supporting quality, manufacturing, etc., should be consistent across PPL enterprise; we are too concerned with customizing solutions for each leader rather than finding ways to adapt our businesses to enterprise-wide solutions.

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2017-09-11
  4. "Market Manager"

Current Employee - Global Market Manager in Solon, OH

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Opportunity to work with a global workgroup.

Cons

Very political environment. Organization structure constantly changes and if you are not part of the in-group, you will be ignored.

Advice to Management

Be more open and upfront with the team.

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2017-04-14

"Great people, relaxed working environment, direction of company is questionable."

Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Garden Grove, CA

Pros

Great benefits (401k matching, pension, healthcare, company car, etc). Great people. Management does not micromanage. Management cares about employee satisfaction.

Cons

Company invests time, money, and resources on unnecessary endeavors while ignoring some blatant needs. Workloads tend to be very high due to company being "lean"

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2017-03-02

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Response

March 12, 2017Director of HR

Thanks for recognizing the work we are doing to provide a good Total Rewards package for employees. I encourage you to share your ideas on where we should focus our attention so we build a solid foundation to support our growth with your local management team.

"Management style becoming more 'French'"

Current Employee - Manager in Solon, OH

Pros

Team spirit amongst staff reasonably strong and almost all want company to succeed. HQ environment pretty good for a US corporation of this size. Career opportunities provided, especially if you are willing to relocate.

Cons

Management is becoming increasingly top-down. Once you have accepted a position, your annual salary will not keep pace with the market.

Advice to Management

Remember your teams have valuable insights - ask them before making changes.

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2017-03-03
  7. "Working at Saint-Gobain High Performance Materials"

Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Stafford, England

Pros

Very good corporate benefit structure

Cons

Very poor people management in Sales

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2017-03-01

"Choose your plant carefully!"

Former Employee - Production Manager in Solon, OH

I worked at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Generally good people to work with. The training and development opportunities are there. The company as a whole is good but some individual plants have some serious management issues. Compensation is competitive.

Cons

For a company this size the healthcare benefits are mediocre! The absolute worst healthcare benefits in my entire career across 5 different companies. That is why you are getting 1 star only. Too much politics and back stabbing at all levels.

Advice to Management

Set realistic and achievable goals given the available resources. Either spend some money and hire enough people to achieve these goals or put realistic expectations. Conduct proper investigations and don't just listen to one or two of your favorite people who typically have hidden agenda.

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2017-02-22
  9. "Small Company Culture, Big Company Support"

Current Employee - Plant Manager

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Have worked for Saint-Gobain for over 15 years have seen it grow extensively. Manufacturing sites are small enough to generate a close-knit culture and sense of purpose, but we still have the support and backing of a global organization.

Cons

Challenging to keep people working together and silos minimized. Easy to get overly focused on the short-term demands.

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2017-02-07
  10. "Great Place to have a Career."

Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Saratoga Springs, NY

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great employee benefits, global company, great networking, great people, world class manufacturing, innovative, great opportunity for growth within the company.

Cons

some locations are outdated, but they are striving to revamp. CRM system is old and hard to work with, but improving in 2017 to a new platform.

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2017-02-01