Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Manufacturing Engineer Reviews

Updated 7 Oct 2016

4.0
Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Senior Vice-President in charge of the High Performance Materials Sector Laurent Guillot
Laurent Guillot
0 Rating
  1. "Need to create a culture of accountability"

Manufacturing Engineer Intern

I worked at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics

Pros

Everyone I worked with loved their job

Cons

Did not like being so involved in negotiations with vendors as a process engineer. Felt very uncomfortable negotiating terms.

Continue reading

"Great company, currently in transition"

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Saint-Gobain is a massive world wide company that still maintains a personable / family like feel. The management is mostly great and in a company this big there is a lot of opportunity for growth. In fact, Corporate actively encourages employees to seek growth and development of their career. Saint-Gobain see's it's employees as assets, not just worker bee's, and they're willing to invest greatly into your training and growth within the company. Saint-Gobain's #1 concern is its employee's safety and operates many programs and actively rewards plants that achieve safety goals.

Cons

There's a lot of constantly changing programs within the massive company. The many plants operate very differently and Corporate is currently attempting to standardize business practices through their WCM (World Class Manufacturing) program. As a result many plants are going through big changes that can at times be like jumping into river rapids for a new employee.

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Response

June 29, 2015Director of HR

Thank you for the review! I'm happy to hear that our key messages on the importance of safety and employee development are making their way into the organization. I can appreciate your analogy of "jumping into river rapids"... I felt the same when I joined two years ago and I needed to navigate all the programs, policies and practices of Saint Gobain Performance Plastics. Rest assured that it does get better!

"Manufacturing Engineer"

5.0
    Former Contractor - Manufacturing Engineer in Merrimack, NH
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics for less than a year

Pros

Developing new products and processes to support customers. Freedom to experiment and opinion valued.

Cons

Limited positions, more contract than permanent positions.

Continue reading
  4. "Overall, Saint Gobain is a good company to work for"

Manufacturing Manager
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics

Pros

Lots of locations. Likes to promote from within Good benefits, good communication. Company is going green and is proud of it

Cons

Many levels of Management Saint Gobain likes to take it slow The attitude "strive to be number 2" got to be old

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 4 reviews