Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Process Engineer Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Found 7 reviews

4.1
Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics CEO Laurent Guillot
Laurent Guillot
  1. "A great Company to work for"

Current Employee - Process Engineer

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Benefits, good compensation, diverse working responsibilities (not in a bad way of being forced outside your role but instead just simply making the work interesting and varied)

Cons

Training can be a little rushed or forgotten at times, but when it is relevant to the current task they will stop to make sure you are trained

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2017-12-11
  2. "Process Engineer"

Current Employee - Process Engineer in Williamsburg, MI

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Saint Gobain actually cares about the employee. Safety is the #1 goal. Hand written birthday cards and yearly anniversary cards are very nice. My work is much appreciated. The company also encourages personal growth.

Cons

Sometimes the size of the company has an impact on responses/decisions.

Advice to Management

Keep up the hard work on your end.

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2017-02-13

March 12, 2017Director of HR

Thanks for taking the time to provide your commentary on working for Saint Gobain Performance Plastics! It's great to hear that you feel appreciated and recognized. We continue to work on our agility and speed by analyzing current practices and processes and streamlining where we ...

3. "Good place to work for interns"

Current Employee - Senior Process Engineer in Germantown, MD

Pros

Safety is first then work!

Cons

Management team have inappropriate behavior to employees!

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2017-01-08

January 10, 2017Director of HR

We take allegations of inappropriate behavior very seriously! Please contact the PPL HR Director or any member of the PPL Executive team to provide more information. It is extremely difficult to address issues if we do not know about them.

"Wonderful company"

Current Employee - Process Engineer

Pros

Very great company culture. Nice people to work with. Really feels like a family. All age ranges and experience levels though they have been hiring a lot of more people over the past year. Opportunities to travel both nationally and internationally.

Cons

Poor talent is not necessarily recognized by upper management. Some new people could use more training on leadership and communication.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Great morale from majority of the team.

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2016-04-19

April 25, 2016Director of HR

Thank you for your review! I know it can be extremely frustrating to work with people who are not demonstrating the same level of engagement and contribution to the success of the Company. I can assure you that managers know who is truly helping them to achieve/deliver great business ...

5. "Will be the Best Medical Injection Molding Plant"

Current Employee - Process Engineer in Gaithersburg, MD

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time

Pros

Currently our team are working hard to establishing a brand new plastic molding enviroment in clean room area, The company does not skimp on cost in order to achieve the goal. We make the effort to do the best running the project. Copmany offers pension plan after a year of starting as well as 401k plan from the first day!

Cons

Decision-making often takes long time! Not enough emplooyee dedicated in this specific progarm! Attending too many meetings that are not related to your job!

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2015-09-28

"State-of-the-Art Medical Injection Molding & Assembly Operation"

Current Employee - Process Engineer in Gaithersburg, MD

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time

Pros

--Company does not skimp on costs in order to achieve a state-of-the-art injection-molding /medical cleanroom operation --Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Management makes a serious effort to obtain input from technical and operations personnel before making any decisions about equipment purchases --Company offers a Pension Plan after a year of employment, in addition to generous 401K benefits.

Cons

--Decision-making can often be a time-consuming affair

Advice to Management

Saint-Gobain is a great Company to work for. SG does not cut corners in order to get things done and is serious about employee health and safety in the work encironment. Keep Up The Good Work!

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2015-08-07

"Good company to start your career but not so for investing a lot of your career in."

Former Employee - Process Engineer in

I worked at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics

Pros

Good place to start your career Benefits program very good Training programs like six sigma, supervisory, managerial pretty good Challenging work if that is what you are looking for If you are lucky, you may end up working with some very knowledgeable folks

Cons

They expect you to start working on complex projects and deliver results without even providing any basic training or orientation. Recognition for any extra mile(s) you go is never recognized Too much politics Some folks who have been with the company for a very long time become work place bullies

Advice to Management

Start treating employees like human beings as opposed to just numbers. Put yourself in their shoes and think one in a while!

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2010-05-09