Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics CEO Laurent Guillot
Laurent Guillot
  1. "Talent Acquisition"

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time

Pros

Good company culture; people here are supportive and helpful. It has been very easy developing relationships with our plants across North America.

Cons

Very decentralized--not necessary a bad thing, but takes some getting used to if you've worked in different companies.

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2018-12-13
  2. "Work life at SG"

Current Employee - Project Engineer

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Diverse products International opportunities Smart people Good benefits

Cons

hierarchical Strong resistance to change

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2018-11-22
  3. "Plant, Warehouse, Operations and Logistics Manager"

Current Employee - Plant, Warehouse, Operations and Logistics Manager in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Full autonomy, the employees and your ideas and concerns are taken in consideration

Cons

Talent acquisition is very difficult to get

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2018-09-11

October 1, 2018Talent Acquisition Manager

Dear Current Employee (Plant, Warehouse, Operations & Logistics Manager), First, WELCOME to our TEAM! Certainly, we wish you the best of success and the best that your opportunity can offer you. Of course, we are concerned that you had difficulty reaching Talent Acquisition. ...

4. "Akron has a ton of potential"

Current Employee - Leadership in Akron, OH

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work life balance Management team Collaboration Autonomy Challenging projects Opportunity Creativity

Cons

The site needs a substantial cultural shift.

Advice to Management

Continue to shape the future, challenge the team, look for opportunities, and provide a great place to work!

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2018-08-02

August 6, 2018Director of HR

Thanks for the advice! It's great to see your list of pros of working in Saint-Gobain PPL.

5. "Employer Review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Garden Grove, CA

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time

Pros

Nothing but great things to say about this company. The level of emphasis they place on developing their employees is phenomenal. I have never been part of a company that listens to their employees and then works as best they can to implement input & feedback from them. Not everything is done, there's a review process & scope of limitations but what can be done usually is. Most of the management team are... hard working people who help their team and are very knowledgeable in their field.

Cons

The healthcare is poor & not enough is covered to truly support anyone who has existing health complications.

Advice to Management

Please review the attendance & sick leave policy. An employee shouldn't have to use their vacation time to visit doctors who are inaccessible outside of 9-5p business hours & then be punished with higher rates if they don't.

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2018-07-08

July 9, 2018Director of HR

Thank you for your post! We are always happy when employees see all the work and effort we put into providing professional development opportunities. Regarding our medical coverage, I encourage you to talk to your local HR team about maximizing the benefits of our plan and the providers ...

6. "Northboro R&D Center"

Former Employee - R&D Group Leader in Northborough, MA

I worked at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

very good place to start career. encouraging environment with strong research culture. one of the closer place to traditional way of industrial R&D. very wide range of industrial product and problems to solve. enough room for self-driven folks to learn and try new things. collaborative in general.

Cons

Too much politics and fight for control from different fraction and country. your career can be destroyed if you are not aligned correctly. Flush out mid- to senior level management team every a few times already over 10-15 years. The businesses that composed of the innovative materials section are all relatively small and not suitable for larger company's R&D environment and style. but the R&D arm... functions and structures more like French style of traditional R&D. the actual value brought in for the company is not certain. director level managers are more evaluated by political power than technical expertise. move often R&D directors among totally different fields and business just because big boss / general manager moved. lack long term vision and strategy as a consequence.

Advice to Management

need to find where the values are and how people are delivering the value. make up your mind who you want to manage the place.

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2018-06-21
  7. "Great and interesting work but corporate politics is the worst I've seen"

I worked at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time

Pros

Travel often, interesting work, I cant think of more than 20 words worth of pros

Cons

Company politics is rampant, legacy people often point fingers, management plays favorites which has directly stifle others' careers, double standards

Advice to Management

Certain legacy people are hurting your work environment more than the employees let on, at what point do they cut the cord?

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2018-06-27
  8. "Employee Engagement"

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time

Pros

Very good benefits for all employees

Cons

Large company with a lot of paperwork

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2018-05-19

"Application Engineer-Automotive Seals"

Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Farmington Hills, MI

Pros

Accommodating and supportive work culture, abreast with modern manufacturing technology, amazing cross functional work culture

Cons

No cons experienced so far!

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2018-04-17

July 30, 2018Director of HR

Thanks for the positive feedback! We pride ourselves on creating a culture where employees feel welcomed and supported.

10. "Market Development Manager"

Current Employee - Market Development Manager in Solon, OH

Pros

Forward-looking, innovative and driven team approach. Strong holistic focus on the entire business, including employee well-being, not just cost or quarterly results. Innovative products backed by world-class R&D and a willingness to invest intelligently.

Cons

None at this point in time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2018-03-21