Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Laurent Guillot

"Maintenance"

Maintenance Technician in Portage, WI

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics for more than 5 years

Pros

Over time. As much as you can handle. Some times they are demand you to work over time, when customer demanding parts right away. Time and a half if you work over 40 hours. Double on Sunday. Holiday pay and double if you work actual holiday

Cons

There is suppose to be ten percent bonus at the end of the year. It was between 1 and 3 last 5 years

Advice to Management

Hire better people

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2017-10-28
  2. "Great for the right person"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

I worked at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great for single people trying to advance your career.

Cons

Work life balance is non existent. It's work balance and life when you get there.

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2017-10-14

"Crash and Burn"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Garden Grove, CA

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

My manager is great. He tries to support however possible but he is only one of many.

Cons

System is in disarray and dysfunctional. Hardly any communication. Orders get dropped but with no clear direction or guidelines and you are left to figure it out for yourself. Employees are not trained and often lack the tools and resouces to do their job.

Advice to Management

Communicate clearly and completely! Recognize the efforts of your people.

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2017-10-17

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Response

November 8, 2017Director of HR

Thank you for giving your feedback. We continue to work on our culture and environment in Garden Grove. The good news is that we are making investments in the site and bringing in new business and customers. However, the downside of this growth is that there is a lot of activity at ...

4. "operator"

I worked at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time

Pros

fast money, great overtime free coffee 24/7

Cons

management is not bad, can be better. too many chiefs

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2017-09-29
  5. "Evolution is encouraged!"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Personal drive will be the key to your success! The resources and tools are available to drive your personal and professional growth. Employees are amazing and products are extremely impactful.

Cons

Too much customization of software and too many systems built in-house that only serve to support point-in-time issues. Limited work across plants, unless they are in the same business unit; expertise is contained within the business unit and rarely leveraged for the greater good of the PPL enterprise.

Advice to Management

The business units are too segmented and allowed to make too many siloed decisions; it greatly limits positions that span across business units or activities. Software supporting quality, manufacturing, etc., should be consistent across PPL enterprise; we are too concerned with customizing solutions for each leader rather than finding ways to adapt our businesses to enterprise-wide solutions.

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2017-09-11
  6. "Solid Five Star Company Culture"

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time

Pros

The corporate office has the best company culture in terms of teamwork and work-life balance. It requires self-driven individuals who can rely on little guidance to get the bigger objective done, which is both interesting and a challenge when there isn't a hold up in the process. I have never been micro-managed; not once and that kind of respect builds respect in return. The entry level pay for most positions is... above market value and the staff is by and large very talented. The culture is very diverse in terms of nationality and it is not uncommon to hear conversations in several different languages in any given day. The corporate office is fairly modern and comfortable. Long term business company; company directors tend to look to the future and plan a good strategy.

Cons

Personal growth, recognition and guidance in career can be poor, although there has been a clear effort to try and improve this recently. Limited commitment from (SOME) management on processes can lead to frustrating underutilization as projects stall - silo effect limites other management from taking up the mantle.

Advice to Management

Recognize fast moving individuals and utilize the asset that they are; not with menial tasks, but real value added activity - it's a loss for the company and it builds attrition. Better guidance from management and support for training would be welcome. Truly curve behavior by promoting and enforcing the Principles - some employees deliberately stand in the way of things because of personality issues, this does... no one any good. The company culture offsets any negative qualities, because it is a phenomenal place to work and the corworks just make it better. It's relaxed, but productive and I hope it never changes.

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2017-09-09
  7. "Not muc bad but not so good in PPL KOREA"

Current Employee - Planner in Seoul

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Enoughly getting freedom while woking with high responsibility. And good at balance between work and life eventhough you can ignore your work left.

Cons

Too much work that I can't handle in regular time. There are many fake politicians, so need to figure out who is real.

Advice to Management

Concentrate on arranging works to proper employee with proper amount.

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2017-09-21
  8. "Just Livin' the Dream!"

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time

Pros

Entrepreneurial spirit. Not too political. Great company culture. Trusting atmosphere with ability the to be flexible with work schedule (not always the case...depends on your role, site and manager). A lot of growth opportunities. Ability to meet and interact with people from all around the world.

Cons

Could use more vacation days at the start. Also more volunteer hours. Lack of diversity in top leadership roles. A lot of initiatives get passed down from the very top and can feel like a lack of focus at times.

Advice to Management

Growth is awesome, just remember we need to maintain a culture and atmosphere where people want to be and can be passionate about what they do.

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2017-08-28

"Interesting but not on long term"

Current Employee - Design Engineer

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good and interesting projects Work environment improving

Cons

Bad HR management. Few or no opportunities of promotion

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2017-08-31

"Great Place to Work and Grow!"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Solon, OH

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics is a great place to work. The people, culture and atmosphere are wonderful. It is a workplace that is concerned with it's employees well being and growth.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the Great Work- I have felt welcomed and comfortable from day one. The fact that you are concerned with the career devlopment of each employee says alot about the company's culture.

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2017-07-31

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Response

September 11, 2017Organizational Development Manager

We are thrilled to hear that our learning culture is meeting your expectations and hope that you continue to share your development needs with your manager and HR team. Our collective success relies on our team members investing in themselves to help us make an impact in the world ...

Found 235 reviews