Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Employee Reviews about "large company"

Updated 19 May 2018

3.9
Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Senior Vice-President in charge of the High Performance Materials Sector Laurent Guillot
Laurent Guillot
Pros
  • "Good benefits, treat employees with respect(in 18 reviews)

• "That allows everyone to be engaged in the work environment and everybody is really friendly as well(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "This company is quite heavy on the upper management(in 8 reviews)

• "No cons that I'm aware of at this time(in 6 reviews)

Reviews about "large company"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Employee Engagement"

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time

Pros

Very good benefits for all employees

Cons

Large company with a lot of paperwork

2. "Good place to work"

I worked at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics

Pros

Large company invested in the career of its employees

Cons

Small fish in a big pond

3. "Corporate office"

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time

Pros

Saint-Gobain is a large company (many divisions), it is a pleasure working for the Performance Plastics division alongside knowledgeable people in a pleasant atmosphere.

Cons

I can't think of any.

4. "DSM"

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time

Pros

Great company that cares about their employees.

Cons

It's a very large company and sometimes change takes time.

5. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Progressive company with opportunity for career growth.

Cons

Large company that can at times be slow to evolve.

"Product Manager"

Former Employee - Product Manager in Garden Grove, CA

I worked at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good company to work for. Competitive pay and benefits. People generally treated well and nice work environment. Lots of opportunities to grow with such a large company. Lots of flexibility and outstanding work/life balance.

Cons

Most growth opportunities require relocation, especially if you are located in California as it is far away from most of the core business. Poor annual raises (1/2% - 2% per year).

7. "Strong Company Values"

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time

Pros

Performance Plastics has a large focus on values throughout the entire organization. As a whole, the company is working to create a strong value based culture and an inclusive workplace. PPL and the Saint-Gobain Group offer a lot of growth opportunity, mobility and eduction to their employees.

Cons

It is a large company and can be very slow moving and isn't always the most progressive. There are still outdated policies in place limiting flex time and the vacation policy is in dire need of a refresh.

Continue reading
  8. "Stable Company, Dedicated Employees, Comittment to Safety"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Merrimack, NH

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The company has been around for almost 350 years = stability…can "weather the storm". Large company with locations in the U.S. and International affords employees endless opportunities for internal growth. Amazing number of employees with high years of service...dedicated & engaged workforce. Safety is number one and evident in the way the company operates daily.

Cons

Approval process for things can take some time due to the size of the company.

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Response

July 31, 2014Talent & Development Manager

Thanks for the great feedback on our culture and work environment! We are looking forward to our 350th anniversary in 2015! While our global environment can be exciting and rewarding, it sometimes presents challenges with our approval process; we are working hard to continually increase efficiencies through process improvements and the use of technology.

"A Fun and Innovative Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Research Engineer in Northborough, MA

Pros

This company really cares about its employees and it shows. The employee moral is high, innovation is great, attitudes are great... all leading to a great working experience. Everyone is committed to doing quality work and proud of what they do. It makes for great teamwork and a great environment.

Cons

Being a large company, sometimes management can seem a bit disconnected. However this has improved greatly over the last few years for the positive.

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Response

July 9, 2014Director of HR

Thanks for the great feedback on our culture and work environment! We are working hard to make sure that our managers take the time to sustain their connections and relationships within their business but there is still room for improvement on this front. We will continue with our focused efforts to create a great employee experience for our workforce!

"So far, so good..."

Current Employee - Innovation Program Manager in Aurora, OH

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

They really care about people. There are opportunities for working in lots of different countries, opportunities to move from one Saint-Gobain group to another. Large company, small business feel due to the many different sectors of activity and large product range. Performance Plastics is very forward thinking and strategic and is very successful. We even have an innovation department! The company also rewards its personnel well. They care about diversity, hiring only the best person for the job, regardless of colour, race, sex or creed.

Cons

Same as for most large corporations: change can take time, lots of bureaucracy and paperwork. Each Saint-Gobain business has it's own feel and can be very different to navigate. The senior management team are very approachable, but not everyone gets close enough to approach. Due to the global nature, overall the company is very diverse, but at the local level, not so much. Like most manufacturing companies, there are less women at the senior management level than there should be

Found 12 reviews