Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics "upper management" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Aug 27, 2019

Found 235 reviews

3.9
Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics CEO Laurent Guillot
Laurent Guillot
Pros
  • "Good benefits, treat employees with respect(in 14 reviews)

• "That allows everyone to be engaged in the work environment and everybody is really friendly as well(in 14 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews

"Good company to start out with"

Former Employee - Research Engineer

I worked at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent benefits and pay. Overall good work culture and coworkers.

Cons

This company is quite heavy on the upper management. The employees doing the work get pulled in different directions depending on the particular upper manager.

Advice to Management

Make a decision, form a plan, communicate to the entire business and workforce, and stick to what you plan. We have seen managers back down hours before executing a plan because they changed their mind at the last minute.

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2019-06-20
  2. "Decent Place of Employment"

Current Employee - Utility Operator in Portage, WI

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent pay, nice insurance, good benefits

Cons

Upper management isn't the best

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2019-05-05

"Total Chaos at times"

Current Employee - Quality in Garden Grove, CA

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Stable company, good benefits. I love the people I work with.

Cons

Well my list is long. A few years ago, I would have said this was a great place to work. In the last few years our upper management has changed 3 times. Now I don't think the right hand knows what the left hand is doing. Our supervisors are very hands off and disconnected from the production floor. If you need any help from management, forget it. It will be faster to try and fix the problem yourself, or get... help from another production worker. Management doesn't hold themselves accountable. But if an issue arises, production will get the blame. We are under staffed and only a few select positions will get filled. Also we do not train here, you will have to figure it all out for yourself. Just a few short years ago we were the flagship site for this company, but now we can't get out of our own way. We manage from crises to crises and wonder why we lose customers. So if you want to be treated like a child, who is running with scissors then this is the place for you.

Advice to Management

Less meetings and more communication would be nice.

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2017-03-23

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Response

April 10, 2017Human Resource Director, ENC

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to point out areas where we could improve. We acknowledge that management has turned over and believe we now have an established professional who will help us improve Garden Grove. Innovation and Continuous improvement ...

"Entrepreneurial Spirit"

Marketing and Communications Manager in Solon, OH

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics for more than 5 years

Pros

Most managers are trusting. There is so much room to grow between different sites and departments. I've been fortunate enough to be in a job that allows me to travel (and we have sites all over the world). Many high level managers are very willing to mentor newer employees. Investment in innovation.

Cons

We're still a bit on the traditional side. Decision making takes time as we're a huge organization. Diversity is lacking (especially in upper management). Vacation policy is lame.

Advice to Management

We need more writers, content creators and storytellers in Marketing and Communications roles. Place value on degrees other than technical ones.

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2016-08-19

"Wonderful company"

Current Employee - Process Engineer

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very great company culture. Nice people to work with. Really feels like a family. All age ranges and experience levels though they have been hiring a lot of more people over the past year. Opportunities to travel both nationally and internationally.

Cons

Poor talent is not necessarily recognized by upper management. Some new people could use more training on leadership and communication.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Great morale from majority of the team.

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2016-04-19

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Response

April 25, 2016Director of HR

Thank you for your review! I know it can be extremely frustrating to work with people who are not demonstrating the same level of engagement and contribution to the success of the Company. I can assure you that managers know who is truly helping them to achieve/deliver great business ...

"Not really that good"

Service Crew in Akron, OH

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics

Pros

overtime and my boss and my coworkers

Cons

working weekends and upper management

Advice to Management

None

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2015-02-23