Salesforce Business Development Representative Reviews

"Marketing Machine"

2.0
    Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at Salesforce full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Looks great on resume - Decent training

Cons

Do a quick search of Salesforce marketing spend compared to other big tech companies and you’ll see why working here is such highly touted. The company has shown its true colors during the covid pandemic. Impossible quotas as is with no quota relief during pandemic. BDRs are measured by how much Monopoly money they put into Salesforce and how buddy buddy they are with their AEs. The company says one thing to the press but treats its employees a completely different way. I have not felt any instance of “Ohana” since being here even though I was super excited to work for Salesforce. BDRs feel as if it’s them against the world at this company and have to deal with AE ego on a consistent basis.

Continue reading
  2. "It lives up to the hype"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great career progression -team focus -comprehensive benefits -opportunities to volunteer

Cons

I dont have anything negative at this point

3. "6 Months In"

4.0
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for less than a year

Pros

Wealth of support and resources; collaboratively competitive workplace; true to values and mission

Cons

Thrown into the fire to drink from a fire hydrant very quickly although they do a good deal in an effort to prepare you (just not enough); loads of enablement that can bog you down, despite being well intentioned

Continue reading
  4. "Overall"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Singapore

I have been working at Salesforce full-time

Pros

Really good employee benefits and wellbeing care package

Cons

Politics everywhere within the company and depending how you see it. Managers are supportive

5. "Amazing company to start your sales career"

4.0
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in London, England

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Culture and environment - Ohana culture - Training - People listen, give feedback and ask you for feedback too - Amazing products - Great and smart people - Great management - Benefits and compensation - London office is amazing!

Cons

Need more training for the Clouds.

July 31, 2020Linda Aiello, EVP, Employee Success Business Partners

Thank you for your review. It's great to read all the pros you've listed and I am glad to see that you enjoy working at Salesforce. I hope that you continue growing with us!

"Every man for himself culture"

Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Salesforce full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Good coaching culture - managers & other BDRs often deliver sessions to help develop others. - Lots of online training available via Trailhead - for SF products & industry/soft skills. - Benefits such as pension, discounted share prices, health insurance, and others. - Free snacks & coffees in the office. - Opportunity to make a lot of $ & career progression very quickly. - Lots of incentives & Presidents' Club.

Cons

- As a BDR you are competing against 2 other roles (AE & ECS) for the same target, which I found extremely difficult to work with. - Ego everywhere. - Hugely stressful job. My 3-star review is a mix of Salesforce as a company (5 stars) & the BDR role (1 star). Salesforce is a great company, with a great portfolio of solutions, & a great CEO. I believe had I a different role, I would be submitting a very different review. However, from my experience, I simply cannot openly recommend the BDR role. It's seen as a necessary stepping stone role towards AE, is an awful role in itself, and I found myself dreading going into work every day & always came home stressed.

June 9, 2020Linda Aiello, EVP, Employee Success Business Partners

Thank you for your feedback. While it's great to see that you enjoy many aspects of working at Salesforce, I also want to thank you for your honest feedback and for showing us areas for improvement. We will use it to do better.

"Competitive environment"

2.0
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for less than a year

Pros

- massive company with great reputation - will learn and grow as a sales person in technology - can be a fun environment - opportunities for growth are there - company as a whole is incredible and truly inspirational

Cons

- Impossibly high quotas with low commissions - very difficult to succeed in an extremely competitive and cut throat environment - work depends on your manager, if he/she is difficult or uptight your daily job will be hard - zero work from home flexibility - tends to feel like you’re just a number - the recruiter will most likely over hype the role and be very aggressive with you - Overworked and not rewarded I was so excited to work for salesforce and honestly am more than disappointed. Took a huge step back financially to come here (as they convince you you have to do) for the results in the long run. We are treated like part of a call center. I would not recommend this job to a friend or colleague.

June 9, 2020Linda Aiello, EVP, Employee Success Business Partners

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you detailing areas in which we can improve. At Salesforce, we want to make sure that you have the tools you need to be successful. I encourage you to reach out to your Trail Guide, peers, and manager for enablement suggestions. Regarding your other areas of concern, please continue to give us feedback when you have it, whether it's in the Employee Opinion Survey or directly to your manager. We are always eager to improve.

8. "Amazing experience and company!"

Current Employee - Sales and Business Development Representative

I have been working at Salesforce full-time

Pros

Great work environment, learning opportunities, flexible working hours

Cons

It'd be great to have more perks at the office (more networking areas, gym, lunch...)

9. "Everyday learning in this incredible culture and business environment"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you value ongoing learning and professional progression, this is your place. Salesforce is always providing you with resources that keep us motivates, healthy, and feeling that you belong to this family-Ohana since the first day!

Cons

In the Dublin offices, there is no free lunch service included.

10. "Fantastic company to be a part of!"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in London, England

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for less than a year

Pros

Really one of the best companies I've ever worked for. From the outside, the whole 'Ohana' concept may seem a bit cheesy, but it really is lived & breathed throughout the business & is infectious. I've yet to meet anyone who isn't willing to help or offer up their time.

Cons

Honestly, nothing that comes to mind

Found 112 reviews