Salt Digital Recruitment Reviews

Updated 9 Dec 2020

Salt Digital Recruitment CEO Elliot Dell (no image)
Elliot Dell
Pros
  • "Some nice people, decent commission structure, good client list(in 13 reviews)

• "Full of great people from the top all the way down, everyone is easy to speak to and willing to help(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "A few of us could no longer take the mismanagement, micro management and blatant disregard for human lives so we left(in 5 reviews)

• "On top of this, management is inconsistent and and there is no support except a half-baked weekly DNA session which isn't compulsory(in 4 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

"Micro Management and constant talk behind the managers back"

2.0
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I worked at Salt Digital Recruitment full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good Digital platform and database although constant KPI focus

Cons

Management does not walk the walk they talk

"Keep scrolling, you won’t want to work there"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auckland, Auckland

I worked at Salt Digital Recruitment full-time

Pros

A handful of long term clients

Cons

The business grew too fast and lost sight of what matters. They no longer care about their staff, clients or candidates, only about money. A few of us could no longer take the mismanagement, micro management and blatant disregard for human lives so we left. We gave up so many years for this company just to be treated without any decency or respect.

3. "Awesome company"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Auckland, Auckland

I worked at Salt Digital Recruitment full-time for more than a year

Pros

Forward thinking Listen to suggestions Senior management are very supportive in your career Support you during your time here with growth opportunities, access to industry events etc. CEO's are amazing leaders Treat you with respect Recently implemented working from home Amazing team in the office

Cons

None that I can think of

"Where do I even begin?"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Kuala Lumpur
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Salt Digital Recruitment full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good work-life balance Good commission structure

Cons

High turnover rate. Salt has lost almost half of it’s Malaysian workforce this year. Poor culture. There is no trust at all. Everyone is looking over their shoulder because no one knows who's going to leave or snitch to upper management next. Micro-management has become the new norm. Rigid, outdated processes are being enforced unilaterally without any input from the consultants ACTUALLY working on the floor. Poor hiring decisions. 2 of the new hires this year did not pass probation. One of them held a very senior position and almost caused a riot in the Malaysian office with her incompetence. Office politics. Different standards for different consultants are blindingly obvious. Brown-nose the right person and you can get promoted without hitting your numbers. Tick off the wrong person and you get managed out.

November 24, 2020

Thank you for your feedback. Whilst we acknowledge we have had turnover in one team, with 2 people who had been with us for over 3 years choosing to look at new opportunities. We are pleased though that we have been able to select and appoint new experienced recruiters to join the team and continue on this year's positive performance.

"Poor Management"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Singapore

I worked at Salt Digital Recruitment full-time for less than a year

Pros

*Good co-workers *Strategic location *Free coffee *Free water

Cons

*Poor management *Hire and fire *Not transparent *No salary paid

March 30, 2020Salt Team

Dear Reviewer, Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We would love the opportunity to engage with you further as we are not aware of any salaries that have not been paid and nor have we been in a position to dismiss any staff across our Singapore business in the last 12 months. We value our employee's opinion and would like to offer you a chat about your review. Please contact our People and Performance Manager Mark on mtruskett@welovesalt.com. Thank you, your Team at Salt

"No longer recommended"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Salt Digital Recruitment full-time for more than a year

Pros

I am proud to share that Salt KL has an amazing, welcoming and encouraging culture with long tenures in a high performance environment. Employees can dress smart-casual everyday and will be awarded with top achiever's incentives for performance. Our direct manager is very open to receive feedback and has effectively helped us through difficult scenarios.

Cons

As of early 2020 due to management restructuring, we have witness rude and racial remarks by top management. Culture is no longer the same with top management suppressing speech, and deflecting problems/fault back to staff when her suggestions falls through. There has also been misinformation to clients with an inflated title in attempt to gain leads. It is no longer the business it once was with performance dropping as the culture slowly deteriorates.

April 27, 2020Salt Team

Dear Reviewer, Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. As the People and Performance Manager across APAC, I want to offer you the opportunity to reach out to me directly and discuss this further confidentially - please reach out to me mtruskett@welovesalt.com We take feedback seriously and will conduct a full investigation into these allegations.

"Bad Management and Weak Leadership"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Kuala Lumpur

I have been working at Salt Digital Recruitment full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good teammates and a very supportive direct manager. Incentives for top performers. Competitive commission scheme which is paid monthly. Strong focus on tech recruitment branding.

Cons

Bad leadership. The leadership lacks commercial acumen, professional work ethics, and respect. Many attempts to whistleblow her misdeeds have been covered up by the APAC CEO. The current leadership is also very weak and shows the lack of experience to understand local market hiring trends, requirements, and business needs. Unfortunately, a lot of unnecessary ideas are being forced to implement and caused a lot of distress across the floor. Many attempts to share the alternative perspective and a different view has been shut down with her blatant responses. The leadership at Salt Malaysia is very poor and bad. We constantly get spammed on a daily basis with emails of articles. Very ironic that the leadership in Salt MY, is being shown as LEADING from the back (through outlook emails) without personally consulting the needs and ideas from the floor.

May 18, 2020

Dear Reviewer, Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. We have recently conducted a full investigation, and the action plan has now been activated- we will also be doing further follow up. That said, I also want to offer you the opportunity to reach out to me directly and discuss this further confidentially - please reach out to me mtruskett@welovesalt.com

8. "Great company that values its people and clients"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Salt Digital Recruitment full-time for less than a year

Pros

People who strive to learn, grow and become leaders within their universes can have all the success and rewards that they deserve without the micromanagement of other brands. They reward effort and lay clear pathways to grow and its up to the consultants to achieve them at their pace, this is key in seeing the best become better and seeing teams grow from strength to strength.

Cons

Refurb could be quicker or move the office to the Shard

April 23, 2020Salt Team

Dear reviewer, thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. We would love to work from the Shard and will make sure to suggest that in our next management meeting :) With our skills and competency matrix which we use to assess overall business skills of each team member, our tailored on- and offline training programme and transparent career ladders, we hope we are providing a strong framework for every person's career development. All the best, your Team at Salt

9. "A great environment surrounded by great people"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Salt Digital Recruitment full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've been working for Salt for almost 3 years now and I couldn't be happier. It's a really collaborative environment and you're always encouraged to share your ideas on how to improve things, such as the office culture, internal processes etc. Our commission structure is one of the best out there, so there's great earning potential. You are also surrounded by very successful people who have made a lot of money, which encourages you to work even harder/smarter. There's a very good balance between feeling like you're in a relaxed environment working alongside some good friends, to also feeling like you're in a competitive workplace surrounded by genuinely hard-working consultants who want to succeed in their careers, which encourages you to follow suit!

Cons

The office refurb could hurry up a bit ... ;)

April 23, 2020Salt Team

Dear reviewer, thank you for your feedback. It is great to hear that you enjoy working at Salt, embrace our company culture, and use your voice to contribute and give us feedback. We value all our people's opinions and continuously try to improve our business and employee experience. Your team at Salt

10. "Inconsistent management and too rapid growth"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I worked at Salt Digital Recruitment full-time for more than a year

Pros

You can meet some friends for life at Salt and where colleagues are concerned, you settle in from day one and everyone is quite welcoming. It's an established brand as well, so you get a lot of response when approaching prospective clients

Cons

As a business Salt seems to be on a mission to succeed by acquisition and growth, but with the current market that leaves it's current consultants fighting for work and it becomes a stressful environment to work in. There is an upstairs/downstairs mentality which causes a gossip driven atmosphere which makes work stressful. On top of this, management is inconsistent and and there is no support except a half-baked weekly DNA session which isn't compulsory. There have also been known to be a few cases where consultants were fired in target breaking months and later refused commission because of clauses in contracts. This old school mentality to recruitment makes Salt a dangerous place to work,

January 23, 2020Salt Team

Dear reviewer, Thank you for taking the time to review Salt. We value your feedback and look to continuously improve our employee experience. We are glad to hear that you have made great friends at Salt and enjoyed working with an established brand. We agree that we are on a growth trajectory and I am sorry to hear that you found a side effect of this to be a stressful working environment. We know recruitment is a competitive industry, and this is why we continue to invest in our brand and people. Our newly launched Creating Futures programme aims to equip colleagues with a solid foundation in recruitment and provide ongoing training and onboarding modules to create a consistent professional standard. This programme covers the entire employee lifecycle, providing our management team with consistent tools to assess and develop your skills and coach you on your career path. In respect of commission payments to employees and previous employees, Salt always operates within the parameters of its commission policies which are communicated to employees on a regular basis. If you have a specific concern relating to this please contact HR directly on lmaxwell-smith@welovesalt.com to discuss. We wish you all the best for your next career step.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 64 English Reviews