Sandvine Software Engineer Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 29 Oct 2019

3.7
Sandvine CEO Lyn Cantor
Lyn Cantor
  1. "Amazing place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bangalore

I have been working at Sandvine full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Good exposure in terms of work that we do here. - At very early stage of career, people do get responsibility for complete project. - Very good work life balance. - You get recognized for you work. - It doesn't matter if you are fresher or some senior guy, people do listen to you. - No politics.

Cons

based on my experience nothing so far.

Sandvine2019-10-30
  2. "If you work hard, people will recognize you"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Bangalore

I worked at Sandvine full-time for more than a year

Pros

Being a small company, people will help you out. It is a rigorous environment, so brings the best out of you. There are tech talks as well which are amazing.

Cons

Not much team building activities

Advice to Management

organize frequent 1-1 with employees to understand them and work together :)

Sandvine2019-07-31
  3. "Great work"

I have been working at Sandvine full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great work. You will get to use or implement your knowledge.

Cons

Should work on bonus or salary increments

Sandvine2019-04-06

"Favoritism at its best!"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Bangalore

I worked at Sandvine full-time for more than a year

Pros

* A few experienced, knowledgeable people who you can learn from. * Smaller teams and hence greater responsibilities. Works when you start off your career here.

Cons

* Terrible management who don't pay heed to employee's woes. * Manager (at least one) has a few favorites and only they get any help they need or the visibility they may want. It astonishes anyone as to how this is done in broad day light (In some cases, even expensive gifts are circulated in office hours to the favorites.). It's better to leave than point these out because HR turns a blind eye to any negative feedback. *Not at all recommended for women employees. Manager (at least one )makes sexist remarks openly and expects everyone to be ok with it. * Only slogging works here. Smart work is never appreciated. If you spend all your weekends here, you might get into the manager's good books. *Credit is never given to the one truly deserving it. Rather than appreciating the deserved ones, ridiculous excuses are given during appraisal. *Need to work on better technologies than out dated ones.

Advice to Management

Listen to you employees. Management is not always right. If you let go of few of the undeserving managers/directors, you'll be able to retain talent.

Sandvine2019-03-20

"Work life Balance is a joke! Don't get influenced by fake good reviews."

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bangalore

I worked at Sandvine full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay structure is good and free food. Apart from these two things nothing is great here. If you fall in favorite category of your Manager (Or Director) then you can really enjoy big perks like holidays at will, better ratings and hike irrespective of amount of work is done. Plus He will make sure your small amount of work is getting recognized.

Cons

This company is good for such people who are willing to work from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. Lots of favoritism, Director here points out their favorite ones and using his powers gives all the perks like better ratings and hikes irrespective of work they do. If you are not in his list of favorite one then be ready for very low hike irrespective of your performance. Moreover there are high chance of getting laid off too. Moral of the story is keep licking or never raise voice against anything. If you are working in global team (team which operated or works for all Sandvine products) then be aware and be ready for escalations. People love to escalate things and they will portray you are always culprit for delay in release. HR team operates like an government work; always sleeping. Only thing they do here is writing good reviews on Glassdoor. Management doesn't appreciate or recognize people here. They don't give any awards or no service award either. Once you complete 5 years you will get extra leaves but ironically it will get lapsed as you won't be able to use it due to work. Very pathetic HR policies. There is no communication between management and employees. Recently they conducted a survey and got shock about what employees think about Sandvine. Management played cleverly by asking employees to give solution so that if it doesn't work they are ready to blame each one of you as your suggestion didn't work. Management let away very very talented people due to stupid policy and lost good manager too.

Advice to Management

Try to retain talent and have employee centric policies too. Try to stop favoritism by taking regular feedback from employees. Have better HR policies

Sandvine2018-12-12
  6. "Good place for working"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bangalore

I have been working at Sandvine full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

lot of changes and dynamic work environment good work environment

Cons

It is hard to keep everyone happy, with unrealistic expectations

Advice to Management

work on the pay to make employees stick around.

Sandvine2018-10-26
  7. "Great company to work for engineers"

I have been working at Sandvine full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good engineering work. My engineering skills developed rapidly in this company. Since I have worked for two more companies, I recommend that if you are reasonably okay programmer and engineer, the work here is really good. Deadlines are dealt with critically, but Managers and Directors are helpful if you genuinely were busy fixing bugs or supporting customers I mainly joined this company for good work, and I am happy. The attrition here is very less compared to my previous companies. Had everything about negative review been true, most people would have left. Overall people are happy and I mention concerns of my colleagues in the Cons.

Cons

Managers and Directors overreact way too much to every situation. This is the biggest reason that upsets engineers. The new management is doing surveys aggressively. and this has got slightly better in last few months Work life balance has got better but there are times when I have to work continuously, it is better than my previous companies.

Advice to Management

Focus on aggressive growth. Teams are understaffed due to merger. Add resources.

Sandvine2018-09-26

"Worst place to work for"

Former Employee - S S E(Senior Software Engineer) in Bangalore

I worked at Sandvine full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Smart engineers. Can learn only if you have good repo with your colleagues. Free food.

Cons

Most managers ,directors behave like masters and think that engineers are bonded labourers. Worst work culture. I don't even recommend my worst enemy to join here.

Advice to Management

Create a good work environment. Get rid of managers and directors who don't have basic courtesy.

Sandvine2018-09-22
  9. "Software Engineer"

Software Engineer in Ben
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Sandvine for less than a year

Pros

Good number of learning opportunities

Cons

Unequal Pay for different new joiners to the same position

Sandvine2018-08-28
  10. "You always have work. You need to learn time management."

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Sandvine full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good base pay New technologies Support from senior employees Get ownership for what you do Free food and snacks

Cons

Some times the work is a lot. You need to be straight forward to your manager that what can you do in this time frame. Do not overcommit.

Advice to Management

Hire more people.

Sandvine2018-05-08