SayABC Employee Reviews about "bookings"

Updated Sep 28, 2020

Found 61 of over 402 reviews

3.5
SayABC Owner Guan Wang
Guan Wang
Pros
  • "Good Pay, Bonuses & Communication(in 38 reviews)

• "Work from home and team communication(in 28 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The only downside I've experienced is the lack of bookings(in 41 reviews)

• "Not enough slots filled for classes(in 27 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "bookings"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good company

Sep 28, 2020 - Teacher
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great kids and fun woork

Cons

low bookings and low base rate

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Working experience

Jul 27, 2020 - ESL Online Tutor in Johannesburg
      Business Outlook

Pros

The platform is great, easy to understand. They would pay on time and it always updated my income accordingly

Cons

Extremely racist. They just terminated contract based on Skin color even when I had the best ratings. They would just remove classes and give it to new teachers to fill their bookings. You would have to beg for classes.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Online English Teacher - SayABC

May 22, 2020 - Teacher
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun working with the kids, slides provided, reliable payments, feedback not required after every single class, good platform with mobile app, Skype used for IT

Cons

not enough bookings, less bonus/incentive pay as time goes on, not returning emails, very strict cancellation policy, low base-rate pay, no benefits (private contractor work)

4. 4.0
      Former Contractor, more than 3 years

I loved working with Sayabc

May 4, 2020 - Online English Teacher in Johannesburg South
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great materials, good pay and great students

Cons

Low bookings sometimes, some material errors

5. 3.0
      Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Great platform but low bookings even for dedicated teachers

May 6, 2020 - Teacher
      Business Outlook

Pros

They pay on time, the platform is great.

Cons

Low bookings, hard to rely on it for a stable income.

6. 2.0
      Current Employee

-Inconsistent company-

Apr 30, 2020 - Teacher
      Business Outlook

Pros

Chill. Interactive platform. Fun. Great to work form home.

Cons

Lack of bookings and homerooms.Pay is not as high as they say, unless you finish your whole homeroom you are at risk of losing lots of money for one mistake, meaning if you taught 9 classes but had trouble in 1, you could loose half your incentive for it, so the hour is not actually 17USD. Bad Support in every aspect. If you have one simple question you need to wait minimum 5 days to get a simple answer.

7. 5.0
      Former Contractor, more than 1 year

Good Company

Dec 30, 2019 - Teacher in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good Pay, Payson time. Good platform and materials.

Cons

Booking rate can be low at times so it can be hard to get a full schedule

8. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

It started out great

Dec 18, 2019 - English Teacher in Cape Town
      Business Outlook

Pros

The students are the best and some parents are very helpful.

Cons

LOW BOOKINGS AND DECREASING SALARY.

9. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good company

Nov 24, 2019 - ESL Teacher in Belgrade
      Business Outlook

Pros

Literally everything is good with this company

Cons

My only inconvenience with them is the fact that bookings have gotten a bit low

10. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

UK teachers caution: Pay not great, good for second job or supplementary work. Not full time!

Nov 8, 2019 - ESL Teacher in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Take on inexperienced online ESL teachers. I had teaching experience in the past, but no online ESL teaching and they took a chance on me. The whole application process is easy, interview was booked within a week and after presenting my qualifications I was able to start with trial classes. If you're starting out, I would absolutely recomend starting with Say ABC. The platform is easy to use, and the material interactive and fun for the kids. If like me, you can't work at the moment due to health or other issues but still want to be productive and work from home, this is a great way to begin and still feel like you're working.

Cons

PAY: It really isn't enough to live on, and so I have to sadly substitute with benefits. It's frustrating as this is the first time I've been so ill that I was unable to work without pain or fatigue or fainting, and I have been advised by my doctor to no longer work my hospital job due to health issues. However, the pay (for me is $13/hr) this isn't enough to live on, and when I first started I only earned $107/month! roughly £80. Despite having all my slots open currently, I only have 3 homerooms. Thats 6 classes a week, or $312/month. After bank charges and transfer costs, this comes to £250. LACK OF SUPPORT: I have tried to contact the company numerous times regarding some issues, and also to enquire about giving feedback more often as sometimes its hard to remember 3 lessons worth of feedback if a pupil has been interrupting the class or not paying attention, or perhaps not understood the lesson, i'd love to be able to alert the parents straight away so that they can practice in their own time. I also have been having issues with them regarding feedback, I'm always early with it, but the one time that my internet was being changed, I was late in giving feedback. I tried explaining this to them, but I still got my incentive cut. LACK OF HOMEROOMS/CLASSES: I have all my hours open, everyday. If you are in the UK like me, the only classes you can teach are the 9:40-12:10, 4 in total, as the saturday "early ones" are 2&3am UK time. For $13/hr, if I filled all the available classes everyday. (MIRACULOUSLY!!!) then I would in that month hypothetically earn $1456/£1136.76 and thats with every single day being filled and taking no breaks in between for the WHOLE MONTH!! This never happens by the way. The most i've earned like i said was £250. What can you do with 250? TRIAL CLASSES: If you somehow manage to get a locked trial class slot, and you teach it successfully and are able to do feedback on time, you get $15. However if you get no class assigned to you, you get only $5!!! I now don't like being booked for trial classes because i have cancelled plans, rearranged appointments to do the class, and you are there for the whole 40 minutes and get paid $5! I get scared of even doing my household duties as they say you stay by the computer. It's not just about a successful class being taught, it's also about the time the teacher wastes, and they don't acknowledge this. One of my home rooms finishes next week, and i'm so worried about what next. I have decided to take the hard decision of looking for other ESL jobs, as I don't want December, with all the expenses that come with it, to be like this.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 61 Reviews