Seagen Employee Reviews about "growing pains"

Updated 3 Nov 2020

4.2
Seagen President and CEO Clay B. Siegall (no image)
Clay B. Siegall
Pros
  • "Fun, fast paced work environment with tons of resources(in 12 reviews)

• "Science-focused organization that is focused on developing innovative therapies and helping patients(in 10 reviews)

Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "growing pains"

Return to all Reviews

"Growing company"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Senior IT Business Analyst in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Seagen full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Inspiring company helping improving lives of patients living with cancer - Growing from a single US product to a global multi product company - Good benefits & opportunities

Cons

- Growing pains as company determines how to scale and mature the organization - Antiquated systems and processes - Continuous change has caused burnout and frustrations

"Hard, but fulfilling"

Current Employee - QC Manager

I have been working at Seagen full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Patient-focused, growth opportunities abound, flexible work hours, project variety, challenging, and supportive leadership. Excellent benefits.

Cons

Growing pains, understaffed for current and planned work, frequent restructuring creates hurdles for the business overall

Continue reading

3. "Great Start-up to Mid size!"

Current Employee - Senior Staff Scientist in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Seagen full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great CEO and Leadership. Get to work on Drugs that actually help people.

Cons

Growing pains as with any growing company

4. "More than a job"

Current Employee - Senior Research Associate in Canyon Park, WA

I have been working at Seagen full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I feel lucky to be a part of Seattle Genetics. This company makes each employee feel heard, valued, and an integral part of the mission to help patients. Clay is personable and creates a culture that is fun and inclusive.

Cons

Growing pains but senior management is responsive to employee feedback.

5. COVID-19

"Good place to work"

Current Employee - Research Associate

I have been working at Seagen full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Just turned into a 3 product company, employees are passionate about the work they are doing. Employees are valued through events, ESPP, employee surveys and team building activities Mentoring program Peer to peer recognition program Company has done well addressing employees concerns during the pandemic

Cons

Some growing pains, most are addressed in company surveys and question and answer sessions. You need visibility with upper management to move up. Lots of emphasis on standing out.

6. "Been here 2 years, here's to many more"

Current Employee - Drug Safety in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Seagen full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to work with fantastic, fun, dedicated people. From walking into the place, you get the feeling that the company is fully dedicated to helping patients. The science behind the products is fascinating and sometimes we get to hear patient perspectives. When you work on a specific study, you truly feel like you're making a difference for people. Work/life balance is well maintained. The company still maintains a small company feel while continuing to grow.

Cons

The Bothell campus does have some traffic coming into the area with the other companies in the area. As with any growing company, there are always going to be growing pains, but they're managed well by leaders and employees.

7. "AWESOME COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Current Employee - SENIOR ONCOLOGY ACCOUNT MANAGER in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Seagen full-time for less than a year

Pros

- All about the patient and not just a "Tag Line" here - Small company feel, but growing QUICKLY - Always looking for ways to make benefits better - Allow you to be your own person and not have to work in a box -

Cons

- Growing quickly and there always some growing pains that come with that

Continue reading
  8. "Great people, great mission, fast paced environment"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Seagen full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company mission, helping patients and fighting cancer are easy to get behind and very motivating. All the levels I have interacted with from Analyst to VP are friendly and welcoming. There a lot of very smart people who will ask tough questions of your work so you just need to be prepared.

Cons

The company is goign through "good" growing pains as they expand from a single drug company over the last several years to a three drug company over just some months. There are internal politics dealing with other departments and staying in your lane. Before we can share weekly or monthly reports of certain data, we must circulate it across a few internal departments to make sure they are aligned and OK with what we are sharing. This slows things down somewhat and the lines are not always clear.

"Proud to work at this company"

Current Employee - Senior Level Professional in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Seagen full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Employees that are passionate about their work - A CEO that has a clear vision and never veers off from it - A CEO that is honest with employees and meets with every Friday (unless he is traveling or on vacation)- - People respect each other at all levels of the organization - everyone plays a role in the success of the company - Proven ability to knock it out of the park with oncology therapies that truly save lives - No one is punching a clock - people have deliverables and they meet them - enough said - Highly intelligent people that are willing to share their knowledge at a level that non-scientific or medical professionals can understand - Company celebrates success - Knows how to work well with the FDA and how to represent our work to progress with fewer delays than I have seen at most companies. I had the luxury of a "try before you buy" opportunity as a consultant to the company. I saw the inner workings before becoming an employee and I am proud to say that joining Seattle Genetics is one of the best employment decisions I have ever made.

Cons

- No gift matching for donations - Growing rapidly which creates some growing pains - experiencing some of the normal type of "old guard", "new guard" struggles but not to the detriment of progress - Reporting tools need to become more integrated so some things are still more manual than they need to be (they are working on this)

Continue reading

"A breathe of fresh air!"

Current Employee - Manager in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Seagen full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's the real deal here, fantastic culture and people. A fast-growing organization with great management and collaborative, helpful colleagues. Great benefits and opportunities for movement within the organization. Definitely no attitudes or egos here!

Cons

As with any fast-growing organization, there are growing pains. Systems and communications have room for improvement, but no doubt it will improve.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 17 English Reviews