Seagen Employee Reviews about "helping patients"

Updated 8 Jun 2020

4.2
Seagen President and CEO Clay B. Siegall (no image)
Clay B. Siegall
Pros
  • "Fun, fast paced work environment with tons of resources(in 12 reviews)

• "Science-focused organization that is focused on developing innovative therapies and helping patients(in 10 reviews)

Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "helping patients"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "More than a job"

Current Employee - Senior Research Associate in Canyon Park, WA

I have been working at Seagen full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I feel lucky to be a part of Seattle Genetics. This company makes each employee feel heard, valued, and an integral part of the mission to help patients. Clay is personable and creates a culture that is fun and inclusive.

Cons

Growing pains but senior management is responsive to employee feedback.

Continue reading
  2. "Been here 2 years, here's to many more"

4.0
    Current Employee - Drug Safety in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Seagen full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to work with fantastic, fun, dedicated people. From walking into the place, you get the feeling that the company is fully dedicated to helping patients. The science behind the products is fascinating and sometimes we get to hear patient perspectives. When you work on a specific study, you truly feel like you're making a difference for people. Work/life balance is well maintained. The company still maintains a small company feel while continuing to grow.

Cons

The Bothell campus does have some traffic coming into the area with the other companies in the area. As with any growing company, there are always going to be growing pains, but they're managed well by leaders and employees.

Continue reading

3. "Great people, great mission, fast paced environment"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Seagen full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company mission, helping patients and fighting cancer are easy to get behind and very motivating. All the levels I have interacted with from Analyst to VP are friendly and welcoming. There a lot of very smart people who will ask tough questions of your work so you just need to be prepared.

Cons

The company is goign through "good" growing pains as they expand from a single drug company over the last several years to a three drug company over just some months. There are internal politics dealing with other departments and staying in your lane. Before we can share weekly or monthly reports of certain data, we must circulate it across a few internal departments to make sure they are aligned and OK with what we are sharing. This slows things down somewhat and the lines are not always clear.

4. "Innovative science and great culture"

Current Employee - Principal Scientist in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Seagen full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Science-focused organization that is focused on developing innovative therapies and helping patients.

Cons

Rapid growth across the organization means that the organization is constantly changing. This offers opportunities but also many growing pains along the way.

"Strong Culture & Meaningful Work"

Current Employee - Senior Manager Talent Acquisition in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Seagen full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Throughout the lifetime of the company, there has been one mission – to improve the lives of cancer patients. Patient centricity is at the heart of Seattle Genetics – if the right decisions are being made for patients, the success of the business will naturally follow. That being said, it’s also evident that Seattle Genetics cares about employees. The company has invested heavily in Training and Development, something all employees benefit greatly from. The company is also constantly benchmarking the industry to ensure all employees have extremely competitive benefits and compensation. This contributes to employees feeling valued, which leads to a healthy culture. A good example of this culture is the all company meetings on Friday's - when we recognize tenured employees, introduce new hires, celebrate successes, and talk about lessons learned from failures. Our CEO takes 10-15 meetings to update the company on what he is doing on a day-to-day basis, and this type of transparency trickles down to the team level. After he is done, we have a different department present to the company each week. This helps everyone understand the complete process of drug development and unifies everyone as one company with one mission. Partially due to past and present success, Seattle Genetics is extremely well funded with absolutely zero debt! This allows the company to re-invest heavily into the pipeline and technology. It also provides opportunities to add to our pipeline through partnerships and acquisitions. Between our own Research department and a proactive philosophy of canvassing external opportunities, we are well positioned to continue our growth and emerge as a multi-product global biotechnology company. This provides a lot of stability as a company, and gives employees good peace of mind. The culture is built on having a passion for helping patients, and there is a level of mutual respect and integrity throughout the company that cultivates a positive working environment.

Cons

Rapid growth can cause growing pains. This is normal evolution and isn't a con, but it is a "watch-out" as we move forward.

Continue reading
  6. "Exceptional, High Growth Place to Work with a Compelling Mission of Fighting Cancer"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Seagen full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Compelling mission of helping patients with cancer; World's leader in antibody drug conjugates, a critical new therapy for cancer care; ADCETRIS is now the standard of care in Hodgkins and other lymphomas and revenues are growing; Two new late stage drugs are on path to approval - Enfortumab vedotin in bladder cancer and Tucatinib in breast cancer; A fast growing multi-product, global biotechnology company with a great culture where you can build an exciting career.

Cons

Biggest downside is that a high growth work environment isn't for everyone. Things are changing fast, processes haven't always kept up with growth, and decision making isn't always as straightforward as it would be in a more stable environment.

Continue reading
  7. "Great company and mission to be a part of!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at Seagen full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very welcoming and fun culture with a common goal to help patients. The passion at Seattle Genetics is authentic and contagious and it's the kind of company you can be proud to be a part of.

Cons

Have experienced a lot of recent growth with some common growing pains.

"Amazing Mission and Tons of Promise"

4.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Seagen full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company mission executed by people that have a passion for helping patients. Lots of opportunities to learn and grow and work with bright and motivated people. Company has an exciting pipeline and is growing, and it feels like the right time, right place to be to watch this company reach pretty amazing new heights. I feel like I found my home and will have a lot of opportunity to learn and grow as the company grows.

Cons

With any company experiencing intense growth, it is grappling with the pains that come along with that growth. But it's a smart company full of smart people, and the focus on the mission will make it happen.

"Former employee"

I worked at Seagen

Pros

Great science, great goals, they want to help patients.

Cons

The mid-level management is a mess. New strategies being rolled out on a regular basis, infighting and competition drowns out teamwork.

10. "Great Environment"

in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Seagen for more than 8 years

Pros

Passion for helping patients drives most to achieve their best.

Cons

Currently looking at flexible work arrangements, but it might be a while before it is implemented.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.