Seattle Genetics Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Seattle Genetics Reviews

Updated 13 Nov 2019

3.7
Seattle Genetics CEO Clay B. Siegall (no image)
Clay B. Siegall
Pros
  • "Incredibly friendly and collaborative work environment with lots of opportunity for career growth and development(in 13 reviews)

• "Company culture is very positive and value focused(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Public transit does not serve the Bothell sites very well- can be a tough commute by car unless you live north of campus(in 7 reviews)

• "As such there are a number of growing pains related to webex meetings(in 6 reviews)

1. "High Job Satisfaction"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Seattle Genetics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fantastic manager, flexibility to pursue projects of interest and opportunity to take on more responsibility as desired

Cons

The main Bothell campus can be subject to traffic during commute times

Seattle Genetics2019-11-13
  2. "Committed to Success for patient and each other’s"

Current Employee - Senior Human Resources Manager in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Seattle Genetics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company culture is very positive and value focused

Cons

Limited on-site eating options and badge only printing would also be great.

Advice to Management

Strong Leadership is everything.

Seattle Genetics2019-10-21
  3. "Exceptional, High Growth Place to Work with a Compelling Mission of Fighting Cancer"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Seattle Genetics full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Compelling mission of helping patients with cancer; World's leader in antibody drug conjugates, a critical new therapy for cancer care; ADCETRIS is now the standard of care in Hodgkins and other lymphomas and revenues are growing; Two new late stage drugs are on path to approval - Enfortumab vedotin in bladder cancer and Tucatinib in breast cancer; A fast growing multi-product, global biotechnology company with... a great culture where you can build an exciting career.

Cons

Biggest downside is that a high growth work environment isn't for everyone. Things are changing fast, processes haven't always kept up with growth, and decision making isn't always as straightforward as it would be in a more stable environment.

Advice to Management

Continue driving growth but also work on scaling processes and decision making to align with growth curve.

Seattle Genetics2019-10-19
  4. "Great company and mission to be a part of!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at Seattle Genetics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very welcoming and fun culture with a common goal to help patients. The passion at Seattle Genetics is authentic and contagious and it's the kind of company you can be proud to be a part of.

Cons

Have experienced a lot of recent growth with some common growing pains.

Seattle Genetics2019-10-18
  5. "Wonderful Place to work"

Current Employee - Manager in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Seattle Genetics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company that literally saves lives, leadership that live the vision, environment of learning (Friday Morning Meetings, a team dedicated to in-house learning, etc.), great commute for those living in the suburbs, walkable main campus, pay equity.

Cons

I haven't found any cons yet

Seattle Genetics2019-10-18
  6. "Overall a hard working group of people who want success for patients and the company."

I have been working at Seattle Genetics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Small company feel and friendly environment.

Cons

Remote employees are difficult to access this impacts the speed at which things get done. There is a reluctance to learn to do things a different way and if your coming from a different organization you will see this immediately after making a suggestion.

Advice to Management

Diversity in leadership positions is needed. There less than a handful of women of different ethnicities in higher level positions.

Seattle Genetics2019-11-01
  7. "Strong Culture & Meaningful Work"

Current Employee - Senior Manager Talent Acquisition in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Seattle Genetics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Throughout the lifetime of the company, there has been one mission – to improve the lives of cancer patients. Patient centricity is at the heart of Seattle Genetics – if the right decisions are being made for patients, the success of the business will naturally follow. That being said, it’s also evident that Seattle Genetics cares about employees. The company has invested heavily in Training and Development,... something all employees benefit greatly from. The company is also constantly benchmarking the industry to ensure all employees have extremely competitive benefits and compensation. This contributes to employees feeling valued, which leads to a healthy culture. A good example of this culture is the all company meetings on Friday's - when we recognize tenured employees, introduce new hires, celebrate successes, and talk about lessons learned from failures. Our CEO takes 10-15 meetings to update the company on what he is doing on a day-to-day basis, and this type of transparency trickles down to the team level. After he is done, we have a different department present to the company each week. This helps everyone understand the complete process of drug development and unifies everyone as one company with one mission. Partially due to past and present success, Seattle Genetics is extremely well funded with absolutely zero debt! This allows the company to re-invest heavily into the pipeline and technology. It also provides opportunities to add to our pipeline through partnerships and acquisitions. Between our own Research department and a proactive philosophy of canvassing external opportunities, we are well positioned to continue our growth and emerge as a multi-product global biotechnology company. This provides a lot of stability as a company, and gives employees good peace of mind. The culture is built on having a passion for helping patients, and there is a level of mutual respect and integrity throughout the company that cultivates a positive working environment.

Cons

Rapid growth can cause growing pains. This is normal evolution and isn't a con, but it is a "watch-out" as we move forward.

Advice to Management

Go to great lengths to keep the present culture intact as the company continues to grow.

Seattle Genetics2019-10-17
  8. "We are Growing.. Exciting time to be a part of Seattle Genetics"

Current Employee - Senior Specialist

I have been working at Seattle Genetics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Seattle Genetics promotes a Collaborative environment. We are rapidly growing and with each day there is something new to learn. There is a lot of opportunity for growth and advancement in the organization. Leadership is open and receptive to new ideas.

Cons

Be open to considering remote employees for more positions.

Seattle Genetics2019-10-17
  9. "Great Company!"

Current Employee - Facilities Technician

I have been working at Seattle Genetics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits, competitive salary and an incredible mission.

Cons

No gym or cafeteria. The company is growing fast but is having a hard time keeping up with the changes required internally to match its pace.

Seattle Genetics2019-08-23
  10. "Great place to intern"

Current Employee - Human Resources Intern in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Seattle Genetics full-time for less than a year

Pros

I didn't do typical "intern" work, all of my projects had an impact on my department or the company. I was treated like a regular employee, and management and higher ups make an effort to get to know the interns and offer help . The CEO also held a lunch and learn with interns, which I thought was great.

Cons

There could be more food options.

Seattle Genetics2019-08-15