SecureLink (TX) Reviews

Found 146 of over 148 reviews

4.5
SecureLink (TX) Chief Executive Officer  Patrick Tickle
Patrick Tickle
Pros
  • "SecureLink is a great company to work for(in 34 reviews)

• "Free, made to order breakfast and lunch (Slinky's)(in 25 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Austin has boomed in the last year and the standard of living has increased well past what SecureLink pays their employees in my opinion(in 12 reviews)

• "I'd say commuting to Bee Cave is a con, but since we are remote that's not really a problem anymore(in 11 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech India

Join the conversation on

Tech India

105.4K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/tech-india/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.in&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=SecureLink (TX)~1330833
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0

Great company, low pay

Jul 27, 2022 - Product Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

LOVE the people I get to work with

Cons

Pay is low but benefits are amazing

2. 5.0

Transparency and Fun

Jul 12, 2022 - Recruiting Coordinator in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Have fun creating value over the long run!

Cons

None— Everyone is always open to question and feedback.

3. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great place to work

Jul 8, 2022 - Marketing Director in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great life/work balance. Growing company. Pay was competitive

Cons

Not a lot of diversity. But good folks.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Culture

Jul 5, 2022 - Manager in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some of the best employees and teammates you'll ever work with.

Cons

Fast moving, constantly changing, but that comes with any high-growth company.

5. 5.0

Great culture, great leadership

Apr 26, 2022 - Senior DevOps Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture of competency and ownership. Great people. Flexible work environment.

Cons

Historically lower salaries than area average.

6. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Terrific company

Apr 25, 2022 - Business Development Representative (BDR) in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

What a thorough process in hiring the right people for the right role. Very thoughtful and patient in how they work.

Cons

Covid didn't allow us to access th great chefs in the kitchen.

VP of People

Thank you for sharing that! We've spent years building and refining our recruiting process to ensure it's inclusive and rigorous. SecureLink is a pretty great place. It's too bad you didn't get a chance to take advantage of Slinky's though. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience! - Lexi Jones, SVP of People

7. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Sales-driven development and out of touch executive team is driving good employees away

May 3, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Remote work options, 401k matching, unlimited PTO, easy to take time off for volunteering, I really liked my actual team and direct manager

Cons

A disproportionate amount of resources are given to the sales team compared to engineering/ops teams, so the ops teams in particular struggle to keep up and have to cut corners in order to deliver on the promises made by the sales team. This makes it difficult to use proper coding practices and resolve technical debt. We had to beg for resources on the team, even just to replace people who had left. My responsibilities and even job title were unclear. There was inconsistent communication between upper management and it was often very difficult to get their attention. My teammates and I barely interacted with higher management post-acquisition (outside of HR) and it didn't feel like they made much of an effort to learn our product which made it very difficult to get the resources we needed. The only insurance options were high deductible plans, and not all pharmacies or doctors will work with BCBS of TX which was extremely frustrating (although to be fair this will improve with Imprivata acquisition). The executive team has a lot to say about how they support diversity and inclusion, but it's a very white and almost all male team with a hard to stomach "bro" culture. All hands meetings felt very unprofessional and were frankly annoying and usually a waste of time to sit through. Emphasis and attention were always placed on the customer and it felt like the actual employees were an afterthought. It's a shame because there are a lot of good and talented people working at the company, but they're getting burnt out. I ended up quitting before I had something else lined up because it was less stressful to be jobless than to keep working there.

4 people found this review helpful
    8. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great place to work, they care about your life being balanced around work.

May 3, 2022 - Tech Ops Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great coworkers, team management knows so much and is the most knowledgable and hardworking I have ever worked with.

Cons

There is so much to learn about and its difficult to catch and retain it all.

9. 4.0

Great Company

Apr 19, 2022 - Business Development Representative (BDR) in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

great company culture, good benefits, nice people

Cons

smaller company so change happens regularly

VP of People

Thanks for taking the time to share your great experience at SecureLink! - Lexi Jones, SVP of People

10. 4.0
      Current Employee

Strong company culture but slight oversights in management

Apr 11, 2022 - Customer Success Manager in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Great company culture; really value employees’ well-being -Strong transparency and communication from exec to middle management

Cons

-There has been some oversight by management in directing more resources to growth/sales and not keeping up with investment in operations to be able to support that growth

VP of People

Thank you for sharing this important feedback! You're right that there was a gap on the operations/services side of the business and as we've shared with our teams, we are actively working to combat that. In just the month of April, our recruting and HR teams have made 12 ops/services hires, representing well over 50% of our hires this month. Our L&D team aslo added a NHO (new hire orientation) to support the surge hiring efforts. We know there's still work to do to orient, train, and ramp all these new folks, but we are confident in our momentum here. If you still have questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out directly. - Lexi Jones, SVP of People

Viewing 1 - 10 of 146 Reviews

SecureLink (TX) Reviews FAQs

SecureLink (TX) has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5, based on over 148 reviews left anonymously by employees. 88% of employees would recommend working at SecureLink (TX) to a friend and 81% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, SecureLink (TX) employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at SecureLink (TX). This rating has decreased by -9% over the last 12 months.

88% of SecureLink (TX) employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated SecureLink (TX) 4.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.6 for culture and values and 4.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at SecureLink (TX) to be senior leadership, career development, benefits and the cons to be management, compensation.

Popular Careers with SecureLink (TX) Job Seekers