ShareThis Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

ShareThis Reviews

Updated Oct 22, 2019

4.1
ShareThis CEO Dana C. Hayes, Jr.
Dana C. Hayes, Jr.
  1. "A Truly Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - EA/Office Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at ShareThis full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company culture is friendly and professional. Everyone who works here is kind, smart, and talented. Management cares about employee engagement & strives to make the workplace enjoyable. Work-life balance is 5 Stars. Employees get a lot of perks: cell phone & gym reimbursement, weekly lunch delivery, and healthy snacks stocked in the office. I greatly appreciate that employees navigate their day as they see... fit with minimal supervision.

Cons

Happy to say none so far

Advice to Management

Continue on this path! You've built a special company and continue to hire great people. When I was on-boarded I understood exactly what was expected of me, the scope of my job, and the path of growth and opportunity- so thank you for that.

ShareThis2019-10-22

"Smart, down-to-earth people in a transitional period"

I have been working at ShareThis full-time for more than a year

Pros

- People are respected as humans, which means work-life balance and personal career development are highly respected and encouraged by management - Small, nimble team makes lateral movement the norm – if you let someone know you'd rather be working on something else, there's probably a way to make it happen - Currently trending upward in product growth and revenue, which gives a sense of company/job security

Cons

- Unclear/shifting company vision and a green product team make for a ship that's tough to steer, and often feels like revenue growth is the only goalpost - The con to strong work/life balance is that people don't seem very connected to the office/each other, i.e. a weak company culture - HR team gives a sense of being too overextended, which makes them seem unapproachable

Advice to Management

Focus on the vision beyond just making money

ShareThis2019-09-03

"Job of Comfort with Zero Culture"

Former Employee - Senior Media Manager in New York, NY

I worked at ShareThis full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Interesting product; flexible work schedule and work/life balance. Perks & Benefits: $20 Seamless for lunch twice a week for lunch, $100 reimbursement/month for phone & gym, pretty good CIGNA plan.

Cons

Underpaid relative to industry standards and no 401K match. Glass ceiling for job mobility. Promotions and title changes include very tiny raises and few new responsibilities. Zero culture: NYC can fit 30 people but sits 13 people so if a few people were gone it was a ghost town. Was nearly impossible to get people to do anything outside (or even inside) the office.

Advice to Management

Let us know when important people are let go instead of letting it be a game of broken telephone.

ShareThis2019-03-13

"Great company- dynamic, intelligent coworkers make it amazing"

I worked at ShareThis full-time

Pros

Smart people, interesting strategy, opportunity to advance

Cons

Must be comfortable with being uncomfortable as the company grows and pushes into new businesses

ShareThis2017-10-10

"Great start-up atmosphere with lots of potential"

I have been working at ShareThis full-time

Pros

- smart people - long-time loyal upper management team - proprietary product - huge growth potential - individual career path focus internally

Cons

- competitive and saturated landscape - industry roadblocks

ShareThis2017-09-26

"Sinking company stinks"

I worked at ShareThis full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very good engineering team. Very good infrastructure. Chance to work with good engineers.

Cons

Old revenue model that makes no sense in competitive ad world. Free, old, poor products. Management is a revolving door. Have been trying to sell for 2 years with no reason for anyone to buy.

Advice to Management

None. no hope.

ShareThis2017-08-16

"A company that cares more about it's people!"

I have been working at ShareThis full-time

Pros

- Incredible benefits and compensation - Lots of autonomy and tons of room for growth - Strong leadership and very transparent from the top down - Intelligent and caring colleagues - Well thought out review process you will find everywhere

Cons

- Pivoting to a data business in 2015 was hard. - Long commute from SF down to Palo Alto

Advice to Management

- Wish we were less humble and more outspoken about the culture here. - Keep doing what you're doing, keep supporting your people and keep pushing them.

ShareThis2017-05-06

"Looking for a place in a crowded space"

I worked at ShareThis full-time

Pros

- Friendly co-workers - Approachable management

Cons

- No unique technology or intellectual property - Building products that are competing in a crowded space - Lack of a long term vision or product strategy - Too much emphasis on "culture" with not much thought to differentiated products, software quality or any process - Revolving door policy - employees either leave in a year or are let go...

ShareThis2017-05-12

"Exciting new vision for the company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at ShareThis full-time

Pros

- great team, the people here are fantastic to work with - work/life balance, a lot of flexibility when life doesn't go your way (which happens to everyone from time to time, i.e. doctors appt, etc) - competitive compensation, speaks for itself Overall: There definitely was a time when I felt a bit lost in what exactly the company was trying to do in the past few years but recent changes and the addition of... some new senior leadership has really convinced me of the company's new vision and goal.

Cons

- transition from adtech to a data-as-a-service was rocky - culture is more mature than a typical startup

Advice to Management

None - they seem to know what they're doing

ShareThis2017-03-20
  10. "Dynamic Business, Venture-Backed, Thoughtful"

Current Employee - Senior Vice President in New York, NY

I have been working at ShareThis full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Really great people to work with and actively trying to solve changing business problems in the publisher, media and marketer landscape. Plenty of adult leadership but with a nimble eye on where the market is heading and how to position our company in the thickest part. There's a lot of focus on creating a solid culture that strives to develop collaborative, team work.

Cons

While venture-backed, we're not a startup per se. Sustained profitability is more of what we are after; so, for people looking for a series A or B type of experience, we could be too mature.

ShareThis2017-03-24