Sharp Electronics (US) Administrator Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Mike Marusic

"Contract Administrator"

Former Employee - Contract Administrator in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Sharp Electronics (US) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Benefits. Fantastic Company. Very Diverse. Lots of locations to transfer to. Amazing CEOs and corporate support. Very willing to build your professional education with continuous management education.

Cons

Micro Managing Supervisors in the Charlotte Location create a hostile work environment for their own self preservation to stay comfortable while they ride out retirement. Know your department manager's style before you start.

Advice to Management

Evaluate management styles of all senior employees every 5 years. If employees have turned enough complaints on a manager, please look into it. Senior management stays comfortable for retirement while crushing young employees for their own self preservation.

Sharp Electronics (US)2017-06-03
  2. "Great company to work for."

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant

I worked at Sharp Electronics (US) full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great benefits package for employees

Cons

Management could learn more effective soft skills

Sharp Electronics (US)2017-04-19
  3. "Information Technology"

Network Administrator in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Sharp Electronics (US) for more than a year

Pros

The benefits are great even for new employees

Cons

pay rate does not start out great

Sharp Electronics (US)2016-02-17
  4. "Payroll"

Senior Payroll Administrator in Mahwah, NJ

I worked at Sharp Electronics (US) for more than 8 years

Pros

At Sharp many nice co workers

Cons

Every quarter employees are laid off

Advice to Management

none

Sharp Electronics (US)2015-08-17

"Sr. Executive Administrative Assistant"

Senior Executive Administrative Assistant in Mahwah, NJ

I worked at Sharp Electronics (US)

Pros

The variety of projects I have worked on. Meeting different people. There is always something to learn. Making my boss the most effective, efficient and successful as he can be while enhancing the reputation of the business. People depending on me. Exchanging ideas and influencing decisions at a high level. The ability to interact with all levels and help build company moral through employee engagement events and... projects. Knowing what's going on in the company through understanding what my group is responsible for.

Cons

The amount of interruptions we face on our daily routine. I work in an old fashioned culture where administrators are still seen as secretaries. The bickering among administrators - all seems very protective and not willing to share knowledge or help each other. Sometimes the role can put you in a position of being outside all of the teams (neither part of the management team or part of your colleague's teams.

Advice to Management

Support your employees not micromanage them. Take a ask vs. tell approach. Create a feedback-rich environment. Offer support in achieving goals. Focus on best ideas versus position/title. Don't wait for annual evaluation to deliver bad or good news. And remember part of management role is to help employees learn and grow from their mistakes.

Sharp Electronics (US)2015-07-09

"Was once a great company to work for .. but no more"

Current Employee - Administrator in Mahwah, NJ

I have been working at Sharp Electronics (US) full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great Products - Great Benefits - Overall good people

Cons

You never know when your turn to get the ax. Their is no advancement no career assessment. Senior management offers no direction, everyone just flies on their own.

Advice to Management

If you have a vision.. share it... treat all employees with respect not just the ones that are on your favorite list.

Sharp Electronics (US)2014-05-07

"Good company, great products , poor leadership"

Former Employee - Administrator in Mahwah, NJ

I worked at Sharp Electronics (US) full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Sharp makes great qualty, incredible large screen TVs. Despite the profitability challenges in the Tv business, they continue to find ways to innovate and survive.

Cons

The current leadership (division president) micro manages his staff and undermines their intelligence. He has a habit of berating employees in staff meetings and seems to enjoy embarrassing them. It's a stressful place to work and instead of feeling coached and motivated by leadership, one can immediately feel demotivated.

Advice to Management

Treat your staff with respect, allow for open viewpoints. Encourage creativity.

Sharp Electronics (US)2014-03-30