Shipmnts Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 18 February 2019

4.3
Karan Shah

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Best Company to work in."

Current Employee - Project Manager in Ahmedabad
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Ahmedabad

I have been working at Shipmnts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. The Founders are amazing and very helpful. They literally take personal attention in your lives.
    2. The average age of the company is 25. The energy every team member has is commendable.
    3. Without any doubt, you can pave your career path here.

Cons

Sometimes it is difficult to balance work/life when you have to complete your work at given deadlines(But this is rare).

"Joining shipmnts was a big mistake"

I worked at Shipmnts full-time

Pros

Good passionate hard working team

Cons

See team once. Everyone above the age of 26/27 has left because of unpaid salaries, no increments and long hours. Mostly has only juniors from college who stay because of respect.

If you want to join ask for legal affidavit that you will get salary on time, otherwise you surely won't. Many old ex-employees have large dues pending and these guys keep making long excuses.

"Dues not cleared for former employees"

I worked at Shipmnts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent Environment and good colleagues

Cons

Before you join shipmnts, speak to previous employees. Ask them their outstanding dues, and how long has the management been telling them that they will clear it.

Advice to Management

If you can hire new employees, you can pay the dues of your old ones. There is no point in all the big things you talk about if you can't keep your promises and pay people what they deserve.

4. "A good place to work on in-depth projects"

Former Employee - Machine Learning in Ahmedabad
    Former Employee - Machine Learning in Ahmedabad

I worked at Shipmnts (Less than a year)

Pros

The team is very supportive and give you projects where you decide how to proceed.

Cons

The meetings are not time organised.

"Top notch product in its domain - by one the best Team I've worked and/or interacted with."

Former Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Ahmedabad
    Former Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Ahmedabad

I worked at Shipmnts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Taking the swim in the deepest waters is the name of game; and that is how I would like to term "Shipmnts". It wouldn't be wrong on my part if I define "Shipmnts" as "Flexport of India"; or even more than that.

Why I am saying this; because....

Organizing an unorganized market is hard but it is even more hard when you are solving the challenge of organizing the chaotic market - market which is cut throat, market where everything is human dependent, market which is not ready to understand the advantages of digital, market where margins have taken a toss and are now revolving at the bottom of the pyramid, market where having deep pockets doesn't guarantee good margins, market where expansion is related to more financial bleeding and so on...

The contagious stickiness is one of the USP's of Team Shipmnts - who truly believe in "Work Hard Party Harder".

Though I found a huge gap between mental aptitudes of Team Members but I appreciate the Senior Management to make them stick and work in unison towards a Common Goal.

And this is the best part of Shipmnts; where in real sense Shipmnts = Team Shipmnts; without any if's and but's.

And this bring me to the last and final USP of Shipmnts - where domain expertise is not just about having years of experience but factual domain expertise.

Cons

didn't found any during my tenure

Advice to Management

"Please Stick to Deadlines".

I won't term it as an "Advice" but a "Suggestion"; why I am saying this because as a sales consultant it becomes too difficult to explain the client about priorities and releases.

Shipmnts is working in the industry where there hasn't been a major change since decades - and the industry which has hardly moved to digital means for their finance; for them moving to digital means for day to day operations is tad too difficult and on top of that not sticking to deadlines makes job lot tougher.

And to add to this - First Mover Advantage does have its own pros but it is only 100% effective when you have FMA horizontally, i.e. you are First Mover in whole targeted ecosystem or end-to-end business process.

"Awesome Place to Work"

Current Employee - Chief People Officer in Ahmedabad
    Current Employee - Chief People Officer in Ahmedabad

I have been working at Shipmnts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Shipmnts is a great place to work with if you are looking for a company that values Culture. People here strongly believe that culture is the driving force behind a great work environment. The company is using the most ongoing cool technologies from the market. New ideas are always welcomed, lots of opportunities to have an impact, empowered teams. And the location is the best -makes your life calm and peaceful.
    The work life at shipmnts is challenging and we are always busy. I love coming to work every day and grabbing my cup of tea and tackling whatever the day has in store.

Cons

Sometimes people leave open snacks in the snacks closet.

Advice to Management

Continue to lead by example. You guys are working hard and doing a great job and it's inspiring to see.

"Perfect stage to explore your interests and grow"

Former Employee - Machine Learning Engineer in Ahmedabad
    Former Employee - Machine Learning Engineer in Ahmedabad

I worked at Shipmnts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- A great platform to solve logistics industry's challenging and yet unsolved problems

- The unique "Sir" culture: It's understandable when the employees address CEO/CTO as sir. However, it amazed me when CEO/CTO addressed the employees as sir. It works both ways.

- Opportunity to witness the entire product development lifecycle - problem identification, requirement gathering, development, testing/feedback and delivery

- First hand experience the process of dataset creation - data collection, annotation and transformation - which is pivotal to the successfull development of various AI/ML algorithms

- Freedom and support in the execution of your project/module

- Receptive top management

- Constructive criticism

- Flexible work hours

- Open culture

Cons

- The work is demanding and at times it takes a toll on the work-life balance.

Shipmnts Response

30 Jul 2018 – Chief Technology Officer

Hi,

Thanks for the review.

Will miss you a lot while you create the next AI revolution with Yoshua Bengio. I wish all the best for your future endeavours.

Never forget, the Force is strong... More

"Extreme workload, no appreciation"

Former Employee - Backend Software Architect in Ahmedabad
    Former Employee - Backend Software Architect in Ahmedabad

I worked at Shipmnts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good learning opportunities due to multiple roles

Cons

- Salary comes 3-4 months late
    - But still has longer working hours. Late night is very common. Work even on Sundays
    - Product managers are confused about what to build due to which requirement changes frequently, and engineers face the burden, even the blame.

Advice to Management

Top management needs to be clear about decision making

Shipmnts Response

30 Jul 2018 – Chief Technology Officer

Hi,

Thanks for the review.

Not sure who this is, but we haven't had a position of backend software architect yet. So please do update your correct role on the review.

We are a early stage... More

"Goodness of fit = 1"

Current Employee - ML Scientist in Ahmedabad
    Current Employee - ML Scientist in Ahmedabad

I have been working at Shipmnts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. Fast paced disrupting start-up
    2. Get to work with cutting edge work in Artificial Intelligence
    3. Promote extensive reading
    4. Opportunity to be heard (freedom of speech)
    5. Feedback friendly workplace
    6. Friendly, fun-loving chilled out work style
    7. Really flexible timings and leaves
    8. It would be an everyday learning experience.

Cons

Don't have any cons yet

10. "Great Place to Start your carrier"

Current Employee - Full Stack Engineer in Ahmedabad
    Current Employee - Full Stack Engineer in Ahmedabad

I have been working at Shipmnts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Great place to learn and improve your skills, flexible timing, great culture and Diverse and competitive colleagues.

Cons

No downside working at this company.