Siegel+Gale Employee Reviews about "smart nice"

Updated 9 Nov 2017

4.0
Siegel+Gale Co-CEOs David Srere & Howard Belk (no image)
David Srere & Howard Belk
Pros
  • "You will learn the S&G methods well(in 23 reviews)

• "smart nice(in 14 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Some of the more senior staff / higher ups can be less understanding of work/life balance and take on more than the staff can accommodate(in 12 reviews)

• "s g(in 12 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "smart nice"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Intern, less than 1 year

Summer Intern Experience

5 Aug 2014 - Simplification in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone in the office was extremely open and warm; never felt afraid/unsure of approaching someone from another department, they were always willing to talk about their work and share new ideas CEO/CMO/etc. are extremely visible, and welcome visits to their office Was able to work on a handful of projects and different client accounts, something many interns cannot say they did over the course of their summer (many just get one main project) Truly enjoyed the "smart, nice and unstoppable" people along with the other interns Upon leaving my internship, I'm taking away new knowledge and personal development

Cons

A lot of sitting, and low pay (for NYC, even as an intern), but overall no disadvantages!

2. 5.0

A True Community

21 Apr 2014 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

As someone who's worked both at large companies and boutique firms, I find Siegel+Gale to be the perfect blend of large-company thinking and small-company camaraderie. The organization follows its core motto of "Smart, nice, unstoppable" beautifully, and there is a firm sense of community while never losing sight of the big jobs that need to be done to make our clients happy. Everyone bonds together to accomplish the larger goals at hand, but there are also ample opportunities to network, socialize, and, above all, get to know the inner minds and work approaches of one's colleagues. It's an exemplary work environment.

Cons

To be honest, I have yet to find any true cons. There is great transparency with upper management and HR, so any potential issues always seem to be addressed efficiently and thoroughly.

1 person found this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

SMART, NICE and UNSTOPPABLE - INSIDE + OUT.

29 Jul 2016 - Marketing Manager in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Smart, nice and unstoppable. With one click, those 3 words not only caught my attention but ignited the start to my journey at Siegel+Gale (S+G). Reading on, “In every one of our offices, you’ll find the simple secrets to our success: People who have found their purpose. Teams that are encouraged to collaborate. All kinds of thinkers, dreamers and builders who are naturally both creative and strategic.” Simply put, the best part about working at Siegel+Gale is the people. My decision to join the S+G team was sparked by the evident passion that resonated with me as I interviewed with each and every person that I'd be working with in my role. What began as a job search has flourished into a brand new adventure that I feel grateful to embark upon with the most incredible people. Combining my forte for business, marketing and tech to connect and empower people is where I have found my purpose. I couldn't have selected a better company to invest my time and talent into.

Cons

This is a tough question. There isn’t a con I can identify but rather Siegel+Gale’s culture is built to empower those who are truly smart, nice and unstoppable. Siegel+Gale (S+G) sets the industry standard when it comes to global brand strategy, design and experience, so the one thing that is constant is innovating the way the firm unlocks the power of simplicity to help organizations realize their full potential. To thrive at S+G, one must be smart, nice and unstoppable, while always being committed to connectivity, creativity, global collaboration, excellent service and follow-through. Again, not a con, just a specific culture that fosters constant growth opportunities; which is actually a pro for personal and career development!

4 people found this review helpful

Siegel+Gale Response

Chief Talent Officer

Thanks for your feedback. We too believe that our employees are our best asset!

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

All consuming top strategic branding experience.

21 Apr 2014 - Associate Strategist in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

People are super driven, talented and switched on. The best ones really do embody values, smart, nice, unstoppable. Open channels and easy access to leadership, not too hierarchical. London you can really feel your impact being a (relatively) small team realising growth. Team is happy to see you do well.

Cons

If you're not on the train you're not on the train. You have to be driven and ambitious to enjoy working here. Otherwise it can seem like a challenging environment, but not if you're looking for a good challenge.

2 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0

Smart Nice Unstoppable!

8 Oct 2014 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Really great opportunity to experience the branding industry. It's not a marketing or advertising agency, but a consulting firm with a specialty in brand strategy. People here are truly smart, nice and unstoppable. One of the best things I enjoy is that I can learn about almost everything that the company does through formal and informal training/sharing sessions.

Cons

Our team is relatively new and small in LA, and we may need to work with the NY team for resources, training, discussion, etc. I wish there would be more cross-office sharing and communication within our small group.

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 5.0

Associate Director, Brand Communication

26 Apr 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- A lot of opportunity as long as you make it happen - The ability to learn about different industries and companies - A collection of smart, nice and unstoppable co-workers

Cons

- Travel can be demanding - Pace is fast and some people sink - A general feeling that if you're not running around with your head cut off, you don't have enough to do

2 people found this review helpful
    7. 4.0
      Current Intern, less than 1 year

Smart people

5 Aug 2014 - Intern in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people at S+G are truly smart, nice, and unstoppable. one thing i truly enjoyed about working at S+G are the opportunities to learn new things. If you have am interest to work in a different department, if you let HR know that they will go out of their ways to introduce you to the right people.

Cons

For an innovative company with a lot of young employees the office can be a little boring at time with to many white walls.

8. 4.0

Smart, Nice and Unstoppable

20 Oct 2015 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Smart, nice, and unstoppable are Siegel + Gale's values. And, it's not just values posted on a wall. It's really a part of the culture -- it informs our hiring practices and drives our day to day interactions with each other and with clients.

Cons

Siegel + Gale functions more like a branding agency than as a consultancy, and therefore feels a bit silo-ed organizationally.

4 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great place to learn and grow

16 Nov 2016 -  in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Ample opportunity to learn and grow as a professional - Warm, supportive colleagues and mentors abound - World-class client list - Flexible work environment/treats employees like adults - Dedication to simplicity ethos and company values (smart, nice and unstoppable) - Positive movement toward embracing digital/brand experience in the past 2 years

Cons

- Maintaining work-life balance can be challenging, especially in the 4th quarter

3 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Intern

Holistic Internship Program

10 Aug 2017 - Anonymous Intern
      Business Outlook

Pros

-S+G had a great internship program waiting for its interns, the Deep Dives, Lunch+Learns, Enrichment days, Projects and other activities all contributed to my better understanding of the company and the industry -you meet truly smart, nice and unstoppable people who are passionate about their work -A lot of great food! -The culture at S+G made me super comfortable -Learning is the norm -work-life balance is highly valued

Cons

I don't have a lot of cons. I genuinely enjoyed my experience at S+G

Viewing 1 - 10 of 14 Reviews