Siegel+Gale Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 22 Jul 2019

4.0
Siegel+Gale Co-CEOs David Srere & Howard Belk (no image)
David Srere & Howard Belk
Pros
  • "You will learn the S&G methods well(in 23 reviews)

• "smart nice(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "Some of the more senior staff / higher ups can be less understanding of work/life balance and take on more than the staff can accommodate(in 12 reviews)

• "s g(in 12 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews

"Don't do it"

Current Employee - Anonymous in New York, NY

I have been working at Siegel+Gale full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some nice people to work with

Cons

Toxic, mean, misogynistic environment, no room for growth, no resource management or operations, no work/life balance

July 29, 2019Chief Talent Officer

We appreciate that you took the time to leave a review and we’re sorry to hear your experience wasn’t positive. Your feedback is a helpful reminder that we need to strive to live by the values we espouse. As a company we are committed to fostering a creative environment that enables our team to produce excellent work. It’s true that processes are a big part of how we operate. The business moves fast, our clients value speed, and processes are how we deliver consistently. We will be discussing your remarks and how to help people who feel stifled by this. If you would like to connect further on this I can be reached at 212.453.0550 or lalmeida@siegelgale.com

2. "Recommended!"

Current Employee - Senior Strategist in Shanghai, Shanghai, Shanghai

I have been working at Siegel+Gale full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. This is a drama-free workplace (which is very rare in this industry) where you can concentrate on delivering better work for the clients efficiently; 2. Efficiency is acknowledged and appreciated. Work-life balance is guaranteed, most of the time; 3. Teamwork is great here. There is a subtle difference between 'everyone is trying to help' and 'everyone is helping', in S+G is the latter.

Cons

1. Office desks should be renewed, apparently they are not very 'inspiring'; 2. Needs more meeting rooms.

"All hours all the time"

Former Employee - Senior Designer in New York, NY

I worked at Siegel+Gale full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great quality of design and strategic thinking.

Cons

On a daily basis you are told to meet unreasonable deadlines that compromise the quality of the work (and your health) simply because someone told the client it could be so or because the client stomps their feet. The culture throughout the organization is one that expects you to work until 2am on a regular basis. Every morning you see some message posted to slack at 2am or overhear an employee share how they had trouble getting him at 1:30. It’s unfathomable how parents wih young kids find it acceptable to work in an environment like this. Where is the work life balance? This culture has existed from the top down for years.

Continue reading

"A welcoming environment full of creative people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Siegel+Gale full-time for less than a year

Pros

Mostly positive and social people, in my role the work isn't too stressful and varied enough to be exciting. Plenty of events to switch up the day-to-day routine

December 18, 2018Chief Talent Officer

Thanks for your feedback

"worst of the worst."

1.0
    Current Employee - Graphic Design Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Siegel+Gale full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent pay -that’s about it.

Cons

Everything else. terrible leadership, toxic environment, no creativity, fear based, shallow people, vicious and finger pointing culture. No work/life balance.

6. "S+G NY"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Siegel+Gale full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good work/life balance, great people to work with, team is very helpful on boarding.

Cons

none so far in my short time here

"World Class Talent & Culture"

I have been working at Siegel+Gale full-time for less than a year

Pros

I'm relatively new to Siegel+Gale, but I've worked in branding for many years, and at other well-known agencies, so I have experience and perspective on how S+G compares. Bottom line: by far the best place I've ever worked, and easily the best-run agency I've seen. An exceptionally smart, motivated, collaborative and nice group of amazingly talented people. An engaged, active management team that genuinely cares about people, and that encourages and enables people to have a healthy work-life balance.

Cons

I'd like to see us more inter-office collaboration and communication. There are already online tools and resources in place to help facilitate knowledge sharing, but finding /facilitating more opportunities for teams to cross-pollinate on client work and/or new business pitches would help develop richer insights from a broader, more disparate perspective.

April 28, 2016Chief Talent Officer

Thanks for your feedback. Smart, Nice and Unstoppable is what we aim for every day!

"Simply Happy..."

4.0

I have been working at Siegel+Gale full-time

Pros

S+G has really given me the opportunity to have a voice. I greatly value the support of my manager and team members. Throughout my time at S+G I have been able to think outside of the box to bring fresh new ideas to life. I’m so proud to have landed at S+G. Here are some outstanding qualities: + Company size matters- I’ve never felt lost or have had the feeling that I was just another employee + Collaboration is key - The opportunity exists to work with folks in other departments, it’s great to get the opportunity to work on projects with folks in various positions + Work life balance- I’m not just referring to the vacation days, the benefits and perks are great

Cons

The only thing I can say about the NY office is that we are in an older building so dress in layers, the office runs hot and cold.

"Growing with Opportunity"

Current Employee - Associate Creative Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Siegel+Gale full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been at Siegel+Gale for over two years and by far it has surpassed anywhere else I've worked in the industry. The company has evolved to a leading branding agency with talented minds coming together. Siegel+Gale allows work/life balance with practical hours, which is especially rare in the creative industry. It's also reassuring to have see so much female leadership. Ultimately, it's a great time to be a part of the Siegel+Gale family.

Cons

Cultivating junior roles at Siegel+Gale is often difficult. S+G is fast-paced and often at the will of their clients, so there is little time for junior mentorship. Yet, those who are passionate for their work and put in the extra time often shine brightly.

April 20, 2016Chief Talent Officer

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to offer as much balance as possible while still delivering great work.

"Exposure to strong brands in a peculiar culture"

I have been working at Siegel+Gale full-time

Pros

Openness about what is happening with the business; office celebrations; opportunity to transfer between offices; promotions happen when they are deserved; strong client list - you can work on some notable brands; the company has finally found its place as "the simplicity company"

Cons

Some of the offices have a peculiar culture; a forcefulness to promote the few good things he company is doing to outweigh the negatives; some team members are too self promoting; the creative team has a tough work/life balance; hectic travel schedule for strategy and project management; recognition isn't always given where it's due; can feel like a big corporation because of its parent company; be mindful it is an agency - layoffs happen; turnover

Viewing 1 - 10 of 20 Reviews