Sierra Nevada Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

3.3
Sierra Nevada Corporation CEO Fatih Ozmen
Fatih Ozmen
Pros
Cons
  • "Work life balance not very good(in 25 reviews)

• "The company is constantly going through growing pains that has everyone at the working level in a constant state of whiplash(in 19 reviews)

1. "Aircraft"

Former Employee - Aircraft Scheduler

I worked at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Loved this job and working for the company!

Cons

There were none

Advice to Management

Loved working here

Sierra Nevada Corporation2019-07-19
  2. "Very Good Company!"

Current Employee - N/A in Hagerstown, MD

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent Benefits, Great Working Conditions

Cons

Need More Work to give comfortable feeling about the future to the employees

Sierra Nevada Corporation2019-07-16
  3. "Great Culture, Great Opportunities, Even Better People"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Partner

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The culture is second to none! SNC truly cares about it's employees, community outreach, & our Veterans. They have a great retirement plan (401K) & with the current growth the company is experiencing, there are many opportunities to further your career!

Cons

Can't think of any at this time.

Advice to Management

Let's keep our minds focused on growth but not forgetting how we got to where we are. This place is incredible!

Sierra Nevada Corporation2019-07-16
  4. "SNC Review"

Current Employee - Electrical Engineer II in Denver, CO

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Relaxed work environment (for the most part) -Good Benefits -Good work from home opportunities

Cons

-Work comes in waves, either there is nothing to do, or you will work 50+ hours and weekends -Attrition rates are high, management seems to do nothing but tip toe around the issue without looking into why people are actually leaving. -Employees are hardly approved for overtime pay, lots of engineers give many free hours and see no incentive to continue to do so.

Advice to Management

Look into reasons that people are actually leaving.

Sierra Nevada Corporation2019-07-30
  5. "Great people, great impact, and a great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sparks, NV

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people who work here care about their job and making a difference in the world. It's inspiring to work with so many people who push the boundaries of what's possible, and are constantly striving to create solutions to real-world problems.

Cons

In the past, tools didn't keep up as the company grew, but happy to see things are changing and evolving now.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on the future!

Sierra Nevada Corporation2019-07-03

July 17, 2019Director Talent Management

I am so glad to hear you enjoy working at SNC! We hear time and time again that the people and teams at SNC are one of a kind. They, and the meaningful work being done here are what makes us a company where people want to stay.

6. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Senior Mechanic III in Clovis, NM

I worked at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company sites, management, coworkers, benefits

Cons

Nothing that comes to mind

July 17, 2019Director Talent Management

I am so happy to hear you enjoyed working here. All the things you mentioned are aspects of SNC that I hear time and time again is a reason why people join, and why people stay.

7. "Great Environment"

Former Employee - Contract Administrator in Sparks, NV

I worked at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people at SNC really make this a great place to work. You are treated with respect and your voice is heard.

Cons

Benefit packages are good, but could be better.

July 17, 2019Director Talent Management

I am glad to hear your feedback. We are proud of many things at SNC, but something I think everyone agrees is a strength of this company are our teams, made up of innovative and hard-working men and women, who genuinely respect one another.

"Horrible management and getting parts"

Former Employee - Aircraft Maintenance Technician in Hagerstown, MD

I worked at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great Benefits . Compensation, 401K, Time Off. Health Benefits aren’t bad but not Great

Cons

Poor management. The people in charge of operations don’t have a clue about Aircraft Mods. When you do get your kits they were normally screwed up from backshop. The leads on the floor like to gang up on individuals they don’t like. The good ole boys seem to get promoted and they are not even licensed. Engineering is the worst I’ve ever seen.

Advice to Management

Shut down Hagerstown and what little work you have there send it to Colorado

Sierra Nevada Corporation2019-06-27

"Stop the misery and just close the Hagerstown Facility!"

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Hagerstown, MD

I worked at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

It used to be 401k, medical, almost all benefits, etc. Now it's barely the 401k and nothing else! Raises and bonuses are non-existent.

Cons

Benefits, significant unpaid overtime, long-term contracts (CONUS and OCONUS personnel) gone, long-term faithful employees driven out to replace with cheaper severe inexperienced personnel.

Advice to Management

It's too late! All the talent is gone and Engineering is driving Hagerstown in the ground. If Corporate Executives ever attended (in person) a Monthly Program Review, they would be appalled! Senior Management and Engineering have destroyed Hagerstown! If I could rate SNC zero stars, I would have!

Sierra Nevada Corporation2019-07-20

"Taking a turn for the worse"

Current Employee - Program Manager

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Interesting projects, great benefits, decent pay, rapid growth, owners seem to genuinely care

Cons

Processes are becoming extremely tedious and unproductive; many employees have too little work; culture is becoming very bureaucratic and inefficient; communication is terrible

Advice to Management

Return to roots of an innovative, private company; Engage employees and promote after hours events or team-building; ensure new process changes are necessary and productive.

Sierra Nevada Corporation2019-06-26

July 17, 2019Director Talent Management

Our teams are working toward the future at SNC, as we coontinue to modernize tools and processes. This means we are actively investing in our employees to set a solid foundation for coming growth. And these investments are driven by our employees feedback. Thank you for sharing your ...

Found 487 reviews