Silverline Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

4.4
Silverline CEO Gireesh Sonnad
Gireesh Sonnad

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Silverline is the first company I've worked for that truly believes and encourages work-life balance" (in 10 reviews)

• "Great company culture which remains strong despite the growth and prevalence of remote workers" (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "As the company grows and initiatives need to change and scale there have been some growing pains" (in 16 reviews)

• "It's a constantly growing company, so change is always happening" (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Salesforce Consulting at its Best"

I have been working at Silverline full-time

Pros

Silverline is run extremely well. The seasoned leadership team is top-notch. Additionally, benefits are fantastic for a company this size. Company culture is fresh and modern and despite many employees working remotely (including myself), you really feel like you are part of something special here.

Cons

None that I can think of!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

6 Sep 2018

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts! We will continue to strive to build a great place to work with your help.

"A sincere perspective of my Silverline Journey so far"

Current Employee - Chief Growth Officer in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Chief Growth Officer in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Silverline full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

After spending a decade at Silverline, there are many things that have inspired me to be the best Director of Sales, VP of Sales, Chief Revenue Officer, and finally Chief Growth Officer I can be. That said, the most inspirational is the pleasure of working with some of the finest people I’ve ever known.

Two of our core values we have are to “celebrate each other” and “try and have fun.” You’ll see this in almost every aspect of how we work each day: from the collaborative spirit of our teams working to deliver the best solutions for our clients, to our favorite extreme: twice a year flying hundreds of people around the country to NYC or an exciting destination for our company meetings. Employees who spend most of their time working in remote teams can meet face to face, enjoy a few days off and do volunteer work for the local community as part of our Silverline Cares initiative. We do this for our annual summit meeting and our year end holiday party. Does Silverline throw amazing parties? Absolutely. But it’s not for vanity’s sake, rather an opportunity to be together, celebrate each other, and show our employees and their families how much we care about the contributions they are making to the company’s overall success.

Another one of Silverline’s core values is to put our employees in a position where they “are always learning.” Silverline will be one of the first Salesforce users in the world to roll out MyTrailhead company wide. There are internal study groups for just about every single Salesforce product available, all managed by Silverliners that care passionately about helping their colleagues. Our industry teams are constantly putting together content to enable our customer facing colleagues to be more confident and credible in the field. All of our new employees are paired with a buddy when they join Silverline. We continue to improve upon an already efficient onboarding process and we are launching multiple programs to support both our new, existing, and potential leaders, all designed to empower our employees and set them up for success.

Finally, Silverline’s brand and reputation within the Salesforce Ecosystem is also something I am proud to be associated with. In 2019, we became the first Salesforce SI Partner ever to attain a to achieve a perfect partner score from the Salesforce Alliances program. We could not have done this without every single employee from delivery, sales, marketing, operations, and HR all contributing. After all, “we are better together.”

Cons

Yeah, we’ve definitely made our fair share of mistakes along the way. There is truth and validity to many of the negative reviews on glassdoor and I won’t refute that. These past two weeks have been some of the most difficult in my career here, reading recent glassdoor reviews describing the ways Silverline has let my former colleagues and friends down. Their frustrations are real and I am sure they would have rather stayed here if the circumstances were different.

We are growing very quickly, especially in the last 18 months. We have a lot of work to do and our teams are excited about it - and we are making progress. That said, it’s been a struggle to have all of the right infrastructure in place to support that growth. So what have we done? We started internal initiatives to improve our existing processes, which wasn’t always communicated properly. We hired more managers to manage all the new people coming in and we didn’t have an opportunity to provide adequate training for everyone. Smart people from across the Salesforce ecosystem started showing up in droves, bringing processes they learned from their previous jobs. Furthermore, we went from a company was predominately NYC based to one that is now 75% remote across more than 30 US states, including Hawaii. As you can imagine, challenges we never could have predicted occurred and both client and employee satisfaction were impacted. Even with the best intentions, we disappointed some of the very people that helped Silverline get to this point.

I get a lot of questions about why we are growing so fast. There are many reasons for this, but the most important, I believe, is this: Silverline has a tremendous opportunity to be known as the premier industry thought leader that is helping to shape one of the most important technology transformations of our lifetimes: allowing companies to operate their business out of thin air. The notion of any person in the world with a mobile phone having the computing power that once belonged only to large corporations and the government is radically changing every aspect of our lives. I started my career at IBM in 2000, where their first computers helped get humans into space. That inspired humanity. Salesforce today is going to allow us to help our pharma clients speed up cancer drug research, our healthcare provider clients improve the care of our fellow citizens, and our financial services clients provide a more effective way to manage our finances. This wave will serve all of humanity. I want to be a part of this, don’t you? Growth allows us to take advantage of this opportunity, by making Silverline a more robust organization with better supported employees that will provide amazing success for our customers'.

I get it, this is not for everybody, but I am in and I know many of my fellow Silverliners are with me.

Advice to Management

This is not just advice for the Executive Team management, but all of the managers and leaders at Silverline. Hundreds of current Silverliners and hundreds more we plan to hire in the coming years will depend on us for their personal and professional well being, and it’s our obligation to ensure their experience at Silverline is in line with our core values. Roll up your sleeves and be prepared to get dirty and maybe a little dinged. In the end, it will be worth it.

Yes, there have been departures, but not everyone is leaving because they are disappointed with how things have unfolded. I know because I personally spoke to many of them and I still speak to them today. Some are leaving to do things on other technology platforms, or because consulting is not for them, or starting their own companies, which I am proud of. But everyone is doing well, which makes me happy.

The majority of people leaving the organization are improving their professional lives. People who started at Silverline as college graduates, individual contributors, and mid level managers now find themselves as Directors, VPs, C-Level, and Owners. Many current Silverliners are getting opportunities to be promoted internally as well because of our growth. Our growth is creating tremendous opportunity for people. Their experiences at Silverline exposed them to opportunities that they could not have conceived years ago. Be proud of everyone that has contributed to Silverline and know we’ve contributed to their successes as well.

In 2018, 4 employees came back to Silverline after leaving for our competitors. Boomerangs are fun and say a lot about our organization: there are amazing people that continue to work here and when the time is right again for you and Silverline, we will welcome you back with open arms.

Our new Chief People Officer is building an entire HR infrastructure from scratch. I am sure most people would be shocked to know that we spent the first 10 years of our existence without one. We must support her and her team as they build better ways for our employees to manage their career objectives. Career growth is the single biggest employee concern we have today and a barrier to Silverline fully “operating on trust and transparency.” Our people want to be treated fairly when it comes to promotions and earning opportunities. They want their managers to be more effective in leading them through that process. We have work to do to ensure all of our managers have better training and more effective tools at their disposal. I believe we have the right leaders in place for Silverline to be successful.

The changes that we are trying to make through various initiatives are “hard, but it’s the right thing to do.” The one thing I am certain of is if we are not constantly changing to adapt to the needs of our employees and our customers, we risk not achieving our goals. Very few Salesforce consulting companies have ever gotten to our size and most of them that do have exited to strategic acquirers. But we are still here, as Trailblazers trying to build a company within the Salesforce ecosystem to scale heights not reached before. This is the opportunity for all of us and it’s certainly not for everyone. It is an arduous journey we must embark on together. We must have the “courage to challenge” the current state of things and listen to our employees when they challenge us.

Keep your heads up. Take the feedback from Glassdoor seriously but also recognize the majority of our employees are optimistic about our trajectory and want Silverline to succeed. Give your employees every chance to provide feedback on how we can do better and thank them graciously for it, especially when the feedback is not what you had hoped for.

If we focus on doing the right thing for our employees and our customers, I am confident that our best years are still ahead of us.

Finally, to my Executive Team, I know you are trying your best to improve the lives of each and every Silverline employee. I see it every single day, all the late night emails and slack messages, all the struggles with difficult decisions that will impact our colleagues, and the exasperation of losing a valued member of your team after doing everything that you can. There are days when I say to myself, man, couldn't I take an easier path? But our core value is to "do the right thing, even when its hard", and we MUST be the example for our teams to follow.

I appreciate my fellow execs for all that you do. I know you are aware of all the work ahead of us. I hope my review will allow our employees to understand that we do listen to their feedback and we are trying to address them. We do everything we can to improve their experience at Silverline because we value and appreciate all that they do for us.

8 Apr 2019 – Silverline Response

Thanks to our CGO for your sincere perspective.

"This place is the real deal"

Current Employee - Solution Sales Account Executive in Kansas City, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Solution Sales Account Executive in Kansas City, MO (US)

I have been working at Silverline full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Incredible Culture

They go out of the way to make sure you feel valued

Vertically Focused and crushing it in FinServ and HLS

Great reputation at Salesforce

World Class Team

When I started I was amazed at the culture and how comfortable i felt with leadership and my colleagues. It was a culture where you could ask questions and people were willing to help, and people worked with a passion and pride about the company. I was still a bit skeptical as you often have to wait 6 months to get a feel for how things really are. Well, I've been here over a year now and it's still just as great as when I started.

This is a world class organization that does things the right way.

Cons

Growing pains, finding right fits in roles, etc. No company is perfect, but this is by far the best company i've worked for. When there are concerns, leadership is quick to listen , validate, and do what they can to make it an awesome place.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

8 Apr 2019 – Silverline Response

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We are so happy to hear that you feel valued working here, and that we are the best company you have ever worked for! We're confident as we keep growing we'll out... More

4. "Best in the Salesforce ecosystem"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Silverline full-time

Pros

- Real investment in hiring the talent and skills that matter
    - Leadership in technology
    - Great relationship with Salesforce
    - Really good benefits program, and they keep investing more into it
    - Great teamwork, everyone believes in winning and helping each other

Cons

Not many! We're growing so quickly it can make your head spin at times.
    - You have to be patient with internal processes as they mature
    - Breaking new ground sometimes means you have to create your own approach
    - Most people are now remote so you need to lean on video to get things done

These aren't even cons, just realistic warnings.

Advice to Management

Hire faster, because we're going to sell out the store!

8 Apr 2019 – Silverline Response

Thank you for sharing your point of view. We are ramping on our internal updates as quickly as we can, and hope you enjoy the updates on the progress during the executive office hours. We're glad to... More

"Best Company I've Ever Worked For"

I have been working at Silverline full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have never felt more supported than at Silverline to succeed in my job. Management is both accessible and open to feedback. I love the bi-weekly office hours where our CEO gives updates and answers questions. The perks are awesome and Silverline also takes the entire company away on an annual retreat, which is so cool!

Cons

As the company grows and initiatives need to change and scale there have been some growing pains. I personally have felt the communication around each change was handled well and I've been able to provide feedback via surveys and to my manager.

Advice to Management

Keep being open, transparent and focusing on our core values.

22 Mar 2019 – Silverline Response

Wow! We are thrilled to hear this is the best company you have ever worked for! We will keep focusing on improving our communication and living our values.

6. "Fast-paced, growth environment."

Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Remote, OR (US)
    Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Remote, OR (US)

I have been working at Silverline full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Salary was above expectations and benefits were solid. Unlimited PTO policy is awesome (though extensive time off will count against utilization and could impact bonus). Remote lifestyle is Awesome and employees stay engaged with each other through Slack.

Cons

No stock options or opportunity for ownership.

Advice to Management

Keep doubling down on what we know: SFDC, FinServ, Healthcare. The Salesforce space is too large to try to succeed at everything.

22 Mar 2019 – Silverline Response

Thank you for your feedback and review. We have heard this a few times around our PTO policy and it's something we are looking into!

7. "Silverline is the best!"

I have been working at Silverline part-time

Pros

The company culture! It pushes you to work harder and challenge yourself!

Cons

None that I can think of!

25 Mar 2019 – Silverline Response

We're glad you love it here!

"A Real Disappointment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Silverline full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Slick office space in Union Square
    They throw a helluva party
    Some incredibly talented, dedicated consultants
    Remote work options
    Marketing team has always been amazing
    CEO is inspiring and will make you believe in the values (until you see they are just words and not practiced)

Cons

Don't let the gushing, overwhelmingly positive reviews fool you - employees are asked to submit Glassdoor reviews almost constantly here. Silverline was an amazing company until recently. An influx of new external leadership about 2 years ago and the exit of many of their more dedicated and culture-enabling employees have made things go down hill very quickly. The new delivery leadership, at that point, told all of we consultants that we were part of a "consulting factory" now - not exactly in line with the supposed values of challenging ideas and breaking new ground. What other reviewers have said about favoritism is absolutely true. Additionally, other than the two founders, the leadership team tends to shrink away when teams/employees need help or guidance, only to reappear later with accusations (and later manifesting their accusations through gossip with their favs). Their culture is essentially nonexistent these days despite plenty of posters proclaiming their values around the office. Salary was decent in my experience, but annual adjustments are abysmal and the incentive plan shadily changes without any notice. Be prepared to take on new roles/titles without it being considered a promotion or effecting salary either. As mentioned in pros they throw some terrific parties, but it is hard to see this as completely positive when you are one of the consultants billing 40+ hours per week and the company's resources are wasted on hors d'oeuvres. There is an insane amount of turnover as well - if you saw their post on Valentine's Day about why employees love Silverline, the only highlighted employee who still works there is the CEO (there may have been one more person who remains); everyone else jumped ship ages ago.

Advice to Management

Take a hard look at who you have allowed to run your company and their impact. I would love to see you turn your company around and make it into what it could have been, but sadly it appears too late. It is so disappointing to see Silverline become yet another company that grew too fast and jumped the shark.

22 Mar 2019 – Silverline Response

We’re glad you enjoyed our office and the celebrations our team put together when you worked here. We believe those are two components of our culture and part of what makes us a ‘best place to work... More

9. "A fun, challenging environment"

Current Employee - Content Marketing Associate in Minneapolis, MN (US)
    Current Employee - Content Marketing Associate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

I have been working at Silverline full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is so kind and eager to help each other succeed. There is a truly collaborative spirit present in all aspects of work that I haven't found in other workplaces. And the work we're doing is so rewarding -- both to our clients and ourselves.

Cons

Working remotely can get lonely, but the benefits far outweigh that downside. Plus, you can always just hop on a video call and BAM, connected.

22 Mar 2019 – Silverline Response

We agree our collaborative spirit is pretty special here and are so glad you are finding the work we do rewarding.

"The times, they have a-changed"

I have been working at Silverline full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Bright, hard-working coworkers.

Remote work, good benefits, ability to give input (if it's a suggestion or something positive). They do listen to some feedback.

They are really, really good at marketing. That team comes up with some really neat names.

Cons

"Programs" for programs' sake. Dozens of concurrent programs that seem to have no point except to give execs an excuse to have more meetings. Then updates on those meetings. Then nothing really changes. Boy do the programs have cool names though!

Invisible favoritism. When you're remote, it's a lot harder to see this. Suddenly you'll realize others are appointed for training "programs" nobody even told you about.

Empty talk about career growth for most people. See favoritism above. You can be a solid producer or even top performer, but if you're not in their list of favorites who get special attention, "career growth" ends up a quarterly obligation.

Management is cliquey and often too busy, so they only pay attention to you if you screw up. Then your skip-level writes you berating messages suitable for a four-year-old who drew on the couch, not a grown adult who didn't follow a process they weren't trained on. Processes are constantly changing, btw.

The core values are a solid framework for success. They are not executed on.

Oh, and UNLIMITED PTO IS A TRAP. It sounds nice until you have to jockey with your teammates over who can take the post-Xmas week vacation, because you don't get paid out on PTO that isn't allocated!

Typical nauseating "rah rah" about how awesome they are. I think they used to be. Or maybe Silverline has always been this way and I just didn't see it until my manager changed.

Lots of turnover.

I'm considering going back to my previous consulting firm -- they are much bigger, yet my managers and colleagues were respectful and made sure I knew I was valued.

Advice to Management

This is not the first time you've gotten this feedback. You've lost dozens of good people. Take a good long hard look at leadership style and make sure you're walking the talk, or more of us are going to walk.

22 Mar 2019 – Silverline Response

First and foremost, we value our people and their feedback they give us. We have seen similar feedback recently that our executive team is reviewing and taking very seriously. We are working on many... More