Silverline Employee Reviews about "consulting firm"

Updated 11 Mar 2019

4.0
Silverline CEO  Gireesh Sonnad
Gireesh Sonnad
Pros
  • "Strong relationships with Salesforce and investment in the partner ecosystem(in 20 reviews)

• "Listens to employees and promotes work/life balance(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "Lots of growing pains, inconsistent messages related to the environment they want to create(in 18 reviews)

• "It's a constantly growing company, so change is always happening(in 7 reviews)

Reviews about "consulting firm"

Return to all Reviews

"The times, they have a-changed"

2.0
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Silverline full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Bright, hard-working coworkers. Remote work, good benefits, ability to give input (if it's a suggestion or something positive). They do listen to some feedback. They are really, really good at marketing. That team comes up with some really neat names.

Cons

"Programs" for programs' sake. Dozens of concurrent programs that seem to have no point except to give execs an excuse to have more meetings. Then updates on those meetings. Then nothing really changes. Boy do the programs have cool names though! Invisible favoritism. When you're remote, it's a lot harder to see this. Suddenly you'll realize others are appointed for training "programs" nobody even told you about. Empty talk about career growth for most people. See favoritism above. You can be a solid producer or even top performer, but if you're not in their list of favorites who get special attention, "career growth" ends up a quarterly obligation. Management is cliquey and often too busy, so they only pay attention to you if you screw up. Then your skip-level writes you berating messages suitable for a four-year-old who drew on the couch, not a grown adult who didn't follow a process they weren't trained on. Processes are constantly changing, btw. The core values are a solid framework for success. They are not executed on. Oh, and UNLIMITED PTO IS A TRAP. It sounds nice until you have to jockey with your teammates over who can take the post-Xmas week vacation, because you don't get paid out on PTO that isn't allocated! Typical nauseating "rah rah" about how awesome they are. I think they used to be. Or maybe Silverline has always been this way and I just didn't see it until my manager changed. Lots of turnover. I'm considering going back to my previous consulting firm -- they are much bigger, yet my managers and colleagues were respectful and made sure I knew I was valued.

Silverline2019-03-11

Silverline Response

March 22, 2019Silverline Response

First and foremost, we value our people and their feedback they give us. We have seen similar feedback recently that our executive team is reviewing and taking very seriously. We are working on many initiatives through our new People Team to make sure our programs are effective yet targeted - making sure employees have individual focus and overall, our employees all enjoy growth and career experiences through our work, programs and benefits. We encourage you to reach out to our HR team to talk through the experiences you mentioned so we can help address them directly.

"Pretty Good Place to Work!"

4.0

I have been working at Silverline full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Silverline has a really collaborative culture and is the first place I've worked where I felt that my fellow employees in the same role really want me to succeed. People can still be competitive but in a good way. The delivery team has built up some solid communities that help each other out with challenges or issues they are dealing with on projects. -I have a really great manager who I feel like really cares about my success in the company. That's been pretty hit or miss at other companies where I've worked. -Compensation, including bonuses and pay raises, have been pretty fair so far. - Other than the times that I need to be onsite with a client or at SL headquarters for company meetings, I love having the freedom to get my work done from wherever I want. - I feel like our leaders care about more than the bottom-line. They are actually cool people who know their employees by first name and will go out for a drink with everyone.

Cons

-The organization is still transitioning from Startup to Mid-sized Consulting firm, so there are some growing pains as they decide which direction to head in. Clarifying career paths and next steps for employees that want to move up is something they still need to work on. -There will be ups and downs with Work/Life balance, especially in consulting, but the travel can be quite demanding. Sometimes management is not considerate of the strain on resources by having them travel too for high priority project back-to-back.

Silverline2017-04-06

"Great Perks, Amazing Co-workers"

5.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Silverline full-time for less than a year

Pros

Silverline is a company that truly puts their employees first. We have amazing perks including: working from home, a super cool new office in Union Square with tons of food and drinks, unlimited PTO, partially paid maternity leave, killer 401k matching with a complementary Financial Adviser, company lunches, retreats, and happy hours. With all that, you can tell the founders really do care about making the employees happy and feel like part of the team. Silverline is a really flat organization, even as it grows, and it’s great to have access to the entire executive team. The people who work here, however, really make this company great. They are all smart, driven, and team players who make sure our clients are happy and the job gets done.

Cons

As a company that is growing and hiring on average of one employee a week since inception, there has been a decent amount of turnover, which is always a bummer to see. I don’t think it’s more than other Consulting firm I’ve worked at though. Management has been addressing this through surveys to the team on areas to improve, which is nice.

Silverline2014-10-30

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 3 reviews