SimpliVity Employee Reviews about "company is growing"

Updated Mar 29, 2016

Found 6 of over 98 reviews

4.3
SimpliVity CEO Meg Whitman
Meg Whitman
1 Rating
Pros
  • "Exciting technology in a fast paced development environment(in 9 reviews)

• "The management team is the best I've work with(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The company is growing at an astounding rate which means there is a lot to be done(in 6 reviews)

• "Cannot speak to post HPE acquisition but before that:(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "company is growing"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 3.0

A fast growing company

Mar 29, 2016 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunity to learn some cool technology that is poised to take hyperconvergence to the next level.

Cons

Work load can sometimes be much more than one initially bargained for. As the company grows very fast, the process overhead can become significant over time.

2 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Growing company with excellent people

Nov 7, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Westborough, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

1.) Very friendly and smart employees 2.) Really cool technology 3.) Supportive leadership 4.) Empowering culture

Cons

Still a growing company so not all processes are refined yet, but that is OK.

3. The latest conversations about Tech India

Join the conversation on
      Join the conversation on
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Principal Sustaining Engineer

Nov 2, 2015 - Principal Sustaining Engineer in Research Triangle Park, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Dynamic workplace with exceptional senior talent. Colleagues are very collaborative and treat each other with respect. Wealth of diverse knowledge helps in getting to solutions very quickly. Lunch is free at work place. Compensation is very competitive. Organizational structure is flat and executive/ senior management is easily approachable.

Cons

In this very fast and growing company with very dedicated team, I cannot think of any cons.

5. 5.0

Awesome company. Loving the journey

Nov 2, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

SimpliVity is a breath of fresh air in an industry of established players. The sense of pride and excitement in the team is plentiful and obvious as we evangelist an aging industry. Everyday offers fresh opportunities to demonstrate your own ability and expand your skill set. SimpliVity is a game changer and it is super to be a part of it.

Cons

Like all start-up companies not all the policies/procedures are in place but that adds to the excitement, though it can be frustrating at times. And as the company is growing at such a ferocious rate, change is a constant and refreshing reminder that we can grow with SimpliVity in a similar ferocious rate.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good company, bright future, great technology

Oct 20, 2015 - Engineering Team Member in Westborough, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- SimpliVity has a a very solid, distruptive technology - The management team is also very strong, and lays out a clear vision along with a mission statement that makes sense and aligns with the solutions that we offer. - There are a ton of career opportunities here as the company is growing incredibly fast due to rapidly growing sales and use case applications. - Pay is very fair for my particular position. The benefits are also very strong although in place of a matching 401k, the company offers shares of stock (pre-IPO of course). - In Westborough, the company provides lunch daily (generally a main course as well as a salad bar daily) - Individual contributors have a very strong ability to influence decision making even if they don't own a tachnical or strategic decision; their voice is heard and counts

Cons

- Work life balance is a bit of a struggle as is often the case as smaller/start-up'esc companies. Sometimes, individuals push themselves because of their personalities, in other instances, folks feel obligated to work well beyond what would be considered well balanced due to the volume of work assigned to them. - Culture is getting watered down a bit as the company grows and the talent pool thins out in the local area

7. 5.0

Entry Level Paradise

Sep 17, 2015 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

As a recent college graduate, I am thrilled to be able to start my career at a fast-paced, success-driven company. Most of my co-workers also recently joined the company, so we are patient with each other and work as a true cohesive team. There is so much to accomplish here that I am pleased to say I am never working on busy work, and I am encouraged to express my opinions daily. Everything I do is vital and a help to SimpliVity. I doubt I would feel this confident about the start of my career if I didn't work at SimpliVity.

Cons

Nothing really. I am very happy to be here. The hours can be long and there are very high expectations, but it's to be expected. The company is growing at an astounding rate which means there is a lot to be done. You'll never be bored to say the least.

1 person found this review helpful