Sixt Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated 26 May 2020

3.6
Sixt CEO Erich Sixt
Erich Sixt
Pros
Cons
  • "Sometimes long hours and managers put too much pressure at times(in 21 reviews)

• "There is not much of a work/life balance(in 20 reviews)

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews

"Software Engineer"

I have been working at Sixt full-time

Pros

1) Great work environment and plenty of opportunities to learn new tech. 2) Young and passionate team 3) Employee friendly policies.

Cons

Nothing in particular i faced which is worth mentioning.

Sixt2018-11-13
  2. "Meh"

Former Employee - Customer Support Agent in Berlin

I worked at Sixt full-time for more than a year

Pros

Depending on the department you get assigned to it can be a very friendly work environment.

Cons

Meh wages. Hardly any room to grow.

Sixt2020-05-26
  3. "Recruiter Review"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Sixt full-time for less than a year

Pros

The positive work environment and culture of the Corporate Headquarters is like no other! I really enjoy coming to work everyday. A lot of room for personal and professional development in a growing company.

Cons

Internal systems can be tricky to use sometimes, can use some work.

Sixt2020-01-13

January 21, 2020Social Media Specialist

Hi there! Thank you for leaving a review. We are so glad to hear you have been enjoying the culture at SIXT Headquarters in Fort Lauderdale. Growth is definitely something we encourage as our internal employees and their careers are extremely important to us. Sometimes internal systems take some time getting used to, but always reach out to your coworkers or IT for assistance! We wish you continued success here at SIXT!

4. "Marketing"

4.0
    Current Intern - Intern

I have been working at Sixt for less than a year

Pros

Work environment, flat hierachy, team culture, multi-national & muti-ethinic office

Cons

Office location far out from City centre

Sixt2019-11-18
  5. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Rental Sales Agent in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Sixt full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great work environment for those who love to always be busy and love a good fun work place. You are also in charge of what you want to make so I love that there is no cap.

Cons

No signal in our location. It’s hard to communicate with team when they are outside with vehicles or customers.

Sixt2019-10-07

April 2, 2020Social Media Specialist

Hi there, thank you for leaving a review. We are glad to hear you enjoy the SIXT culture as well as our compensation structure which is base plus commission for sales roles. Since this post, we have brought on more it members to help with any tech discrepancies we may face. Thank you for your feedback and we wish you continued success here at SIXT.

6. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - General Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Sixt full-time

Pros

Input is listen to valued and received Every day is different Great team environment Fun work environment Clean organized work environment Great Growth Potential

Cons

New to the United States Market

Sixt2019-08-22

August 23, 2019Social Media Specialist

Hi! Thank you for leaving a review. Your pros list really exemplifies SIXT in every way. We encourage the open-door policy as well as value team cooperation. The opportunity at SIXT is endless with various paths of growth. Being new to the United States (2011) gives us a start-up feel with the corporate backing from Germany (est. 1912). We wish you continued success here at SIXT!

7. "Great company"

Current Employee - RSA in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Sixt full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good employee benefits. Highly encouraging team. Great work environment.

Cons

Pressure on individual incremental revenue.

Sixt2019-07-10

July 22, 2019Social Media Specialist

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave a review! Since we recently revamped our benefits package, we are thrilled to hear that you enjoy it. We also love that you have such a motivating and supportive team. Check out our RSA training events with the training department to give you more advice on achieving higher sales goals! We wish you continued SIXT-cess!

8. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - CSA - Customer Service Associate

I have been working at Sixt full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work environment Able to drive new cars around.

Cons

Can be very hectic some days Very small working space No branch parking

Sixt2019-06-06

June 7, 2019Social Media Specialist

Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are thrilled to hear you have been enjoying your work environment as well as the perk of being able to drive cool new cars around. We understand that some days may be busier than others, but we seek to employee enough people at one branch in order to circumvent the challenges of having an overwhelming work day. We will also take the rest of your notes to improve our branches. We wish you continued success here at SIXT!

"Oppressive, Disrespectful and Discriminative"

1.0
    Former Employee - PHP Developer in Munich, Bavaria

I worked at Sixt full-time for less than a year

Pros

Salary is quite high, but does not make difference because the living costs in Munich are very high.

Cons

I worked there for 6 months in MyDriver team and got fired for oppressive and unfair reasons. 1. No on-boarding process and knowledge share, just ask for everything and some people don't share complete information with you!!. 2. Discriminative treatment for developers based on their seniority level, new comers and juniors are required to give time estimations for tasks while seniors aren't (The New Scrum Methodology!!). 3. They have very high firing rate, 3 people in my team then me were kicked off in 6 months!. 4. Most of the employees are unhappy specially in my team. 5. They ask for working overtime and weekend work even if there is no need for it (Scrum master asked me several times to work overtime just to show motivation!!) as if working 8 hrs a day and delivering and committing to work does not show it. 6. Product owner is unfriendly, disrespectful and always says impolite words at work. 7. No correct scrum is followed . 8. Not productive work environment: Product owner and Management in general always disturb developers with any idea comes to his mind and communicate in a disrespectful and rude way, sometimes even he leaves the the conversation if you talk to him and just goes!!. 9. It is hard to get an approved holiday in my team, this happened to me and to other colleagues. 10. Unfair evaluation for bonus, many people including me was oppressed in evaluating them. 11. Company location is bad, it is out of town, and you can only reach it with train which comes only 3 times and hour and always comes late or even cancelled specially in Winter. 12. The city of Munich is so expensive to live in and it is hard to find a home there specially if you don't speak German. 13. They give quite high salary but don't be so happy with it since you will spend a lot in living costs, so living in another city with lower salary can be even better. 14. After getting fired HR employees were not helpful and don't reply to emails, unless after very long time, it took me 2 months after being fired to get all my papers.

Sixt2019-06-19
  10. "Good for a call centre"

Former Employee - Call Center Agent in Berlin

I worked at Sixt part-time for more than a year

Pros

Generally great co workers, and bonuses are good if you work towards them.

Cons

Unstable work environment, Management changes often and coworkers are also very interchangeable.

Sixt2019-05-21