Slalom Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

4.3
Slalom CEO Brad Jackson
Brad Jackson
Pros
Cons
  • "Lower salary compared to market/industry; Some roles can be more staff aug rather than consulting(in 61 reviews)

• "Our current 401k match is 50% of contributions, up to 6% of your salary in total(in 45 reviews)

1. "Good place to learn and grow"

Current Employee - Developer

I have been working at Slalom full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Work culture at Slalom!

Cons

Office Space is bit of a problem

Slalom2019-11-05

"Last Job you'll want !"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Slalom full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people that are motivating Empowering Leadership Team Extremely rapid growth Geo expansion in Canada and WW provides opportunity

Cons

Growth is messy - if you can't handle some mess, try a big six firm People leadership strength is growing but still frantic

Advice to Management

Stay the course , watch the manager level for developing leadership skills , Stay humble and Curious!

Slalom2019-10-28
  3. "Fantastic interview process - Slalom London"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Slalom full-time for less than a year

Pros

The interview process was fantastic, from being contacted on LinkedIn for a role I came to check Glassdoor as I'd not heard of Slalom before. I had an initial chat with Ria who was really easy to talk to and really friendly, we ended up chatting for about half an hour and agreed to come in for a face to face. I had two interviews, both blurred the lines of a technical/cultural interview. The culture at Slalom... is amazing, it's the best I've seen when researching companies and since starting I can say that they definitely live by what the say. I had a my interviews within a couple of weeks of each other and had the offer the day after my final interview. Things move very fast, I was also talking to other consultancy companies and some hadn't even sorted out my first interview by the time that I'd accepted the Slalom offer.

Cons

I'm only a few weeks into starting at Slalom but everything so far has been incredible (even to the point of being taken out on work events before I started!) I'm excited about my future at Slalom, big things are planned.

Advice to Management

Ensure that the amazing working environment that you've created so far is not lost as the company grows.

Slalom2019-10-28

"An Amazing Place to Grow"

Current Employee - Client Service Partner in Austin, TX

I have been working at Slalom full-time for more than a year

Pros

Slalom is what anyone who has ever started a company wishes they could create and lead. Slalom is a culture-centric organization that has a foundation of core values that define and inform its behaviors, and are demonstrated daily by nearly 7000 people globally. It is not only a place where you can grow professionally and as an individual, but serves as a constant wellspring of of inspiration. The Austin market... is just a year old, and in that short time it has achieved its goal of gathering a brilliant core group of individuals that are a genuine reflection of Austin's diversity, acceptance, and forward thinking. It is a true case study of what can happen when vision meets opportunity in a city that we all love.

Cons

Slalom is not for everyone. There are folks who fundamentally do not embrace the intrinsic value of each and every human being or celebrate their differences, and so Slalom can be a difficult place for them to navigate or understand regardless of the tools, opportunities, and coaching available to them.

Slalom2019-10-15
  5. "First time consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Slalom full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible remote and lots of personalities

Cons

Projects can come and go in a blink of an eye

Slalom2019-11-05
  6. "Great consulting company."

Current Employee - Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Slalom full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work life balance, value in diversity, and modern/progressive corporate culture. Flexibility in remote work. Great people.

Cons

Consulting. Long commutes to client site and sometimes boring projects.

Slalom2019-10-20

"Beware"

Former Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA

I worked at Slalom full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people, very smart and hardworking. Lots of legit rockstars. Great leadership at highest levels, who always listen and mostly care. Lots of opportunities to work on community projects with teammates. Recruiting teams - excellent. Year One - excellent.

Cons

Staff aug work, zero strategy, disconnect from leaders. ITP...aka Ambiguous deadend journey to some promotion or title change that could arbitrarily end in 'nope'? Joke. If you're not a rockstar or not ok with being in the boys club, do not bother. Lots of talk about culture, but its only at low level, not with leadership... at that level, its just about a marketing firm and money machine selling consultant... services and resources. Aka Cult-ure. (URE = U R expendable). And JT, I'm sure you'll reply to this... you could always answer emails, too.

Advice to Management

I'd still recommend Slalom to a friend, just not a best friend. Tough to deal with inconsistency of what's talked about vs done, what's supposedly valued vs celebrated. No real advice for me to give, since there's absolutely zero confidence you'd listen or care, based on this feedback, as long as $ucce$$ keeps coming. This is just more window dressing.

Slalom2019-10-19

"All Show - little in the way of substance"

Former Employee - Senior User Experience Designer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Slalom full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good Salary Nice Office Plenty of Partys

Cons

Any work is good work They will try to sell anything - to anyone Managers will push you into projects your uncomfortable with Avoid "Local Market" - "Slalom Build" is where to be!

Advice to Management

Be realistic about what creating value, "Customer Love" is sometimes about telling a not to do things. Fancy decks are not a real deliverable!

Slalom2019-10-10

"Free Snackies"

Current Employee - Data Engineer

I have been working at Slalom full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible work from home schedule. Interesting/challenging projects. Great benefits and expense policy. Intelligent and friendly coworkers. Not to mention they have a Smash Ultimate station complete with hella snackies and drank.

Cons

Balancing client and employee happiness can be tricky, but such is the nature of consulting.

Advice to Management

Management makes me feel like a valuable member of my team, keep it up with the weekly one-on-one conversations with employees.

Slalom2019-10-10
  10. "Great for lifestyle, not challenging enough."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Slalom full-time for more than a year

Pros

No travel, flexible, allows for good work/life balance

Cons

Large and a little difficult to navigate, the work is not always interesting or challenging.

Slalom2019-10-26