Smartfish Group Reviews

Updated 27 Jun 2017

3.5
Smartfish Group Managing Partner Christian McMahan (no image)
Christian McMahan
1 Rating
  1. "It's What You Make Of It"

4.0
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Fairfield, CT

I worked at Smartfish Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company culture was great, weekly status meetings were mostly spent discussing previous weekend and everyone was extremely friendly with one another. The work was reasonable but very independent, and you were supported only if you asked for it due to the nature of the work. Being a small company, there a lot of personal growth was left up to you which could be a blessing or a curse depending on the type of person that works there. Salary was extremely reasonable and benefits were great. Solid upper management on in both Fairfield and MA offices that expressed a genuine interest in your well-being / career. Overall a great experience within a young and friendly company.

Cons

As mentioned in the pro's section, a lot of the work was independent, which could leave you on an island at times. The nature of a small agency and handling multiple clients made this an obvious choice for structuring the company, but I still couldn't help to feel that a more collaborative environment would have lead to producing better work and more personal growth.

"Great Company, Great People, Great Clients/Brands"

5.0

I worked at Smartfish Group

Pros

Great people in MA and CT offices. Fun work, great quality of life, especially for agency world.

Cons

Always surrounded by adult beverages (clients), avoid the constant temptation!

"Working for Smartfish Group"

5.0
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Marlborough, MA

I have been working at Smartfish Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working for Smartfish Group has been a very positive experience for me. I am very happy in my position being able to come up with creative ideas, work with some very cool clients, and being able to learn alongside a very experienced team. I love that I have been given the opportunity to work in multiple areas within the company, therefore expanding my skillset and knowledge of the world of marketing. I never know what is going to happen from day to day and I can say that I have never been bored at work. The company partners really try to make the work experience as comfortable and fun as possible while staying professional. I feel comfortable consulting any of the partners when I have a problem or if I just want to run something by them – their doors are always open. The office is a very relaxed environment with music and a fully stocked fridge. We also enjoy going on a few outings throughout the year – they really help us bond and grow as a unified team. I can truly say that I am proud to be a Smartfish!

Cons

Things can get really busy and I get a little stressed, but my team is always there to help me through it!

4. "Not What I Expected."

1.0
     in Fairfield, CT

I worked at Smartfish Group for less than a year

Pros

Young people at both the Fairfield and Massachusetts office are ridiculously kind, as well as the upper management at the Massachusetts office. Small company so you get a well rounded perspective on what it's like to be on the creative side of marketing.

Cons

Upper management (cough cough C.M cough cough) was uncomfortable at the Fairfield office. It was unorganized, ideas were outdated, and you're not allowed any room to breath. All workers had to eat lunch in the office and if you wanted to leave you were made to feel extremely awkward. Hours are longer but there is much less work to do than at a more successful company.

Continue reading

Smartfish Group Response

June 14, 2016Principal

Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback. We strive to have an upbeat and friendly work environment for all employees and yes, we have some great people working with us and appreciate you mentioning that. On average, our current employees have each been with us over 4 years. This is something we’re very proud of in a competitive industry and job market!

5. "cool job in theory... but not so much."

2.0

I worked at Smartfish Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free lunches Quarterly, sometimes biannual company outings outside of work hours Nice office atmosphere with music Annual bonus structure with decent pay/time off for full time employees

Cons

No communication between upper management and employees (lots of closed doors) Super micro-managing (everything from what time you come in to how you word an email) 4 bosses with all the same title can get very confusing with directions and projects Overwhelming amount of work- expected to wear too many hats sometimes No room for growth

Continue reading

Smartfish Group Response

June 14, 2016Principal

Thank you for your feedback and our apologies for the delayed response. We have taken your comments under advisement and continue to make changes which help improve project direction and workflow throughout the company. We also feel it’s important to develop and challenge employees, so they may have long and successful careers at Smartfish.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 5 reviews