Smile Brands Reviews

Found 1,238 of over 1,258 reviews

4.3
Smile Brands CEO Steven C. Bilt
Steven C. Bilt
Pros
  • "Great support system from corporate to District Regional Management to Doctors(in 87 reviews)

• "They also provide great benefits(in 65 reviews)

• Cons
  • "No 401K match and/or retirement plan(in 37 reviews)

• "Use of paper charts rather than being completely digital(in 30 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR

Apr 1, 2021 - Office Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

For me, smile brands as been a great company to work for. I am happy to say that I hope to be here for the rest of my working career. I have found that there are many pros but to list a few I would say that smile brands creates a culture of trust. When I am told something will get done, it does. When I ask a question, I get answers. This is important to have from an employee perspective. In order to have trust you have to work with great people, and that is something that I have encountered here at smile brands. In order to have this trust and the great people to work with, it has to come from above, I know I can trust my DMO and I know I can trust that my DMO will provide what I need in order to get my job done correctly. I have found that I can I have a normal work life balance and that my job does not effect my life outside of my office or my work environment. I have had all the opportunities given to me to grow and learn which is another important pro @ smile brands. Smile Brands has been a great place for me to work and to grow in my career in the dental field.

Cons

would love to switch to digital charts but other than that, nothing to complain about!

Human Resources Business Partner

Thank you so much for your review! We are happy to have you on our management team and love that you have a trusting and communicative partnership with your DMO. We definitely hear and acknowledge you on the fact that some offices are still using paper charts. We are in process of working through this and converting offices to more updated systems. Your DMO can let you know more!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

Positive envirnoment, strong shared culture

Jan 13, 2017 - Director in West
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very supportive environment from the CEO on down. Your voice is heard at Smile Brands.

Cons

None really, just typical day to day business challenges

3. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Positive workplace environment

Oct 7, 2021 - Customer Service Representative in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great co-workers - Positive attitude - Great work culture - Company growth and advancement - Business casual dress code

Cons

- Personal, sick and vacation pay are all together PTO

Human Resources Business Partner

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a review. We appreciate the 10+ years of service you had with Smile Brands!

4. 2.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Life

Oct 9, 2021 - Dental Assistant in Baton Rouge, LA
      Business Outlook

Pros

It’s a good job if you really like what you do

Cons

The pay is low and no yearly raise

5. 4.0

Review

Oct 4, 2021 - Staff Accountant
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company is transparent with what their goals are and even in these ever changing times they are finding ways to keep employees engaged and satisfied.

Cons

Benefits with 401K have no matching options.

Human Resources Business Partner

Thank you for taking time to leave us a review, I will be sure to pass along your feedback to our management team.

6. 1.0
      Former Employee

A nightmare come to life

Oct 8, 2021 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Leaving was the only pro

Cons

Everything about this company is a con. They treat patients and employees like cash cows and nothing more. Abuse is a standard at this company. I would not recommend this company to anyone, when I worked at smile brands, I lived in a nightmare

Human Resources Business Partner

We appreciate you taking time to leave a review, if you are comfortable providing more information we would like to look further into the issues you experienced. Please contact us at WeCare@smilebrands.com.

7. 4.0

Smile

Sep 14, 2021 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to start a career

Cons

Salary could be higher than it is

Human Resources

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. Your feedback regarding compensation will be shared with the leadership team, we work hard to ensure our compensation and benefits packages are competitive. Thank you for your review and your service in the organization.

8. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Unfair workload, nepotism, favoritism

Sep 29, 2021 - Anonymous Former Employee in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

It’s a job, but better if you’re upper management

Cons

1) Corporate has worked remote since March 2020, but not my team, our health doesn’t matter. If you get hired expect to work onsite while others don’t have to, but you’ll probably be given hardly any work while the rest of us do everything. 2) Director assigned unfair workloads while she yakked in her office or took lots of personal calls every day. Seemed her main reason to come to work was social. 3) Couldn’t complain to anyone because the director is tight with her boss, all of senior management is like a club, there’s them and us. 4) No recognition for hard work or unreal workloads. Everyone thinks the director walks on water when it’s us and my manager who did the most work. My manager was fair and supportive to me, director was cold, not sincere. Most of us never went to her for anything. 5) Lots of brown nosing, lots of fake people who talk a lot but don’t do anything. 6) Hiring family is ridiculous, I lost count of how many family members the director has working there. 7) Shout outs and thanks only go to the dental offices, got tired of CEO emails that only talked about the field, never the work of business support. It’s because we aren’t a money-making department. They only care about that and they sure don’t spread the wealth.

1 person found this review helpful

Senior VP, Human Resources

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. There is a lot to unpack here and none of this has not been reported to human resources. Even though it appears you are no longer employed with us, I would still like to understand what you have shared. Please reach me directly at tanisha.wicker@smilebrands.com. I welcome the opportunity to learn more and respond accordingly.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

None

Aug 24, 2021 - District Manager in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Company to work for.

Cons

None to write down here.

Human Resources Business Partner

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review!

10. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work!

Sep 6, 2021 - Treatment Plan Coordinator in Tampa, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great staff. Hard working passionate employees. You put in the time and you will be rewarded for your hard work. Offer good benefits

Cons

Rate of Pay and behind in updated systems

Human Resources

Thank you for being a part of the Smile Brands Team, and for taking the time to leave us a review. We work hard to ensure our compensation and benefits packages are competitive; we will share your feedback with leadership.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,238 Reviews