Sodexo Employee Reviews about "good benefits"

Updated 20 Jul 2020

3.5
Sodexo CEO Denis Machuel (no image)
Denis Machuel

Reviews about "good benefits"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Totally disappointed"

1.0
    Current Employee - Supervisor

I have been working at Sodexo full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good benefits and the managers let you do whatever you want. No experience necessary. Free meals an alcohol. You can call sick late all the time

Cons

Working with no manager support. Working with employees who doesn't have no idea of food safety no hygiene no effort to maintain the work area's sanitizing and clean

Continue reading
  2. "it was good during college"

I worked at Sodexo part-time

Pros

Large company that provided well for its employees good benefits including 401k for part time you received one free meal a day

Cons

working for a large corporation, you are just a number to them depending of your position, you could have an awful job like being a dishwasher

Sodexo Response

May 23, 2016Employment Branding Sourcing Manager

Thank you for sharing this feedback. While I'm not sure of the specific role that you held while with Sodexo, I do want to address some of your concerns. While we are a very large corporation and employer, our people are key to our business. We often hire and promote from within, and even frontline/hourly employees do have the opportunity to grow their skills and advance to management and even beyond. Though it appears you are no longer with us, current employees can reach out to HR and their managers to discuss career goals and competencies that should be developed in order to prepare for promotional opportunities as they become available.

3. "Not bad, needs more though"

5.0

I have been working at Sodexo

Pros

Good benefits, good employees, friendly people

Cons

Poor pay, massive bureaucracy, poor transparency,

4. "Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Sodexo full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good benefits, online education. Average pay

Cons

Unless you have a sponsor pro advancement opportunities.

5. "Kitchen Work"

2.0

I have been working at Sodexo full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good benefits for a kitchen job, most provide none at all. Great hours, leaves time for social life. Meet lots of new people, and learn about cultures working with people from all over the world.

Cons

Barely pays above minimum wage in most positions. hard to advance in the kitchen. Management has hard time communicating and leaves other employees lost and confused, sometimes very frustrated. often gets conflicting orders from management, then gets in trouble for pointing it out.

6. "Housekeeping Manager"

Former Employee - Housekeeping Manager

I worked at Sodexo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Has good benefits and great opportunities to keep growing within the company.

Cons

Some of the Senior Management have no people skills, people who managed some bids, didn't set up properly in some accounts, we were bleeding since the fee for some services was not enough.

7. "Food service worker"

Food Service Worker in Issy-les-Moulineaux
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Sodexo for more than 10 years

Pros

*Good benefits *good co-working staff *repetitive, monotonous work

Cons

*little communication *few advancement opportunities *over priced merchandise

"Marketing Director"

1.0

I have been working at Sodexo full-time

Pros

People focused - good benefits outside of not hugely competitive salaries. Regularly pay out on bonus. Flexible working and good policies on Diversity and Inclusion. Friendly environment but don't deal with poor performance very well

Cons

Poor on planning and strategy overall - not joined up and not thought through. No annual business performance reporting and too much focus on the detail of financial performance with very little insight at the end of the day. Really complex processes or no process at all

9. "Cashier prep"

I have been working at Sodexo

Pros

Good hours and good benefits get to work Monday thru Friday and close to my home been there for 13 years

Cons

Some of the people and management is not fun to work with communication not that good seems like there's turnover

10. "Good company"

Current Employee - Barista
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Sodexo full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company has good benefits for full-time employees, but nothing really awesome or anything that stands out to me.

Cons

There isn't much room for advancement when you are a barista besides becoming a supervisor, and even then you are only supervisor some of the days you work.

Found 72 reviews