Sofology Reviews

Updated 11 Jul 2020

4.2
Sofology CEO Sally Hopson (no image)
Sally Hopson
Pros
  • "Pay was great and sofas were lovely(in 10 reviews)

• "Great team ethic , and training(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Working every weekend is tough and as you’d expect it’s just a part of the industry(in 9 reviews)

• "Bonus is paid on conversion which is not fair because you get in a store so many people that don't have the smallest intention to buy a sofa(in 7 reviews)

1. "If you can’t sell for toffee, however can collect customer data, then this is the sales role for you!"

2.0
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Sofology full-time

Pros

If you make it to 5 years plus then the holiday allowance is decent... you won’t. Can basically sell nothing, but smash data collection and destroy others on the company score card. Don’t have to be a salesperson in any way whatsoever. If you want to succeed based on personality and popularity rather than experience and performance Sofology will suit you to a tee. Never have to see the family again because you can work every single weekend and bank holiday imaginable yet don’t forget folks it’s all about the work life balance. Apparently You Said We did is a reflection of what people In the company have asked for.... just no, no ones asked for half the rubbish you’ve suggested. A dog is worth more than a person... (Pawternity, what a joke) There’s loads of pros, however I don’t think you can handle the sarcasm.

Cons

I’ve seen more brilliant managers thrown under the bus than any other company I’ve known. You then keep the morons that couldn’t organise a drinking contest in a brewery. You swap the poor managers to a successful store when they can’t keep their .... in their pants, therefore punishing the successful store. Everyone gives head office a massive false sense of everything’s great, Most people don’t like working for the company and can’t stand upper management. Customer service is a joke and has been ever since starting for the company. I don’t believe the furniture sold is a true reflection of showroom quality. You have absolutely no idea wha you will get paid month on month. Bonus can get stripped by hundreds of pound hours before the end of the month. The list ins endless,

2. "Alright"

Former Employee - Sales Advisor

I worked at Sofology part-time

Pros

Benefits were nice and friendly staff

Cons

Too much pressure to reach sales target

3. "Great Job, Great Team"

Current Employee - Junior 3D Modeler in Golborne, England

I have been working at Sofology full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great friendly working environment, managable deadlines

Cons

Pay for value of role/ expertise, no real promotion or career advancement

4. "Gets the bills paid"

4.0
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Leicester, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Sofology full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent pay compared to other sales jobs

Cons

Seen people managed out the company very quickly

Continue reading
  5. "Sofology great place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Lincoln, England

I have been working at Sofology full-time

Pros

Great work environment Fun place to work Continuous training Care about the staff and listen to their feedback

Cons

Full time weekend working can be difficult

6. "A company that cares about internal progression.."

Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Stoke-on-Trent, England

I have been working at Sofology full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Decent Salary - Internal Progression - Approachable upper Management My personal experience of Sofology, after working here for close to 2 years, is majority positive! I said i wanted management during my interview and from that point i was supported and trained to achieve this. A year an a half later i’m on Sofology’s internal progression program dubbed ‘Next Gen’ for the retail side. Hard work and sacrifice is needed for this, it wasn’t a cake walk! This was largely due to my very supportive immediate management. I’m well aware of other stores in the company with far less supportive management, but my personal experience is good.

Cons

All depends on your team. I’ve met great people both as peers and management, and bad as both too. Sofology does still have a few fossils hanging around from the high pressure sales days that could do with weeding out. But time IS the greatest healer.

Continue reading

"BEST COMPANY TO WORK FOR"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Peterborough, England

I have been working at Sofology full-time for more than a year

Pros

Best company I've ever worked for in terms of looking after people. Pay, Rewards, Discounts, Working Conditions, Relationships with senior staff

Cons

Five word minimum on reviews

Continue reading
  8. "A Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Nottingham, England

I have been working at Sofology full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Generous Pay Great working environment Plenty of opportunity to progress Senior leaders that actually care. Work uniform provided

Cons

Not any I can think of, off hand.

9. "hard but fun"

4.0
    Current Employee - Furniture Installation Driver in Rugby, England

I have been working at Sofology full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

no two days are the same, decent salary, keeps you fit.

Cons

some difficult customers, the weather can be unpleasant

10. "One of the best companies to work for"

Current Employee - Team Leader in West Thurrock, England

I have been working at Sofology full-time

Pros

At sofology everyone has a opportunity to progress, it really is a company that listen to its colleagues and not only do they listen but they actually do something about it. The company is really going in the right direction and everyone working for sofology really feel secure in their roles.

Cons

Honestly me personally i don’t really have any cons, just some feedback i have had has been that their has been to much change in such a short time.

Found 161 reviews