SoftBank Systems Engineer Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

1.0
SoftBank Chairman, President, and CEO Masayoshi Son
Masayoshi Son
0 Rating

"Good building, but technologically so-so"

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Tokyo
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at SoftBank full-time for more than a year

Pros

The building is really nice with great coffee and restaurant. Good location with Shimbashi station and JR line. Flexible time.

Cons

Highly political place, with traditional Japanese back-balling if you don't go to the Izakaya with your colleagues for example. Very long hours, overwork. I have seen people working all night after a full-day work. Engineers level is in general very bad. Traditional Japanese service, not technology, driven system which lead to HR and sales having higher consideration than engineers. Very low pay even for highly skilled people. During my time at SoftBank nobody could explain me what was the company vision, nor what was our goals. It's also possible to get hired as internal without relevant skills or university degree. Very strange, politically oriented decisions from top management which leads to technical instability and distrust.

Advice to Management

Hire competent people.

SoftBank2018-08-21

"This company is japanese company . It means old traditional japanese company ."

Systems Engineer in Tokyo

I have been working at SoftBank

Pros

if you do nothing ,However you can get salary .

Cons

- workstation is so not powerful machine . It is virtual machine . - Management is Top down flow . Not bottom up . - salary is too low . if you have not overtime , you can be poor . - internal document system is nothing . - Unfortunately There is nobody high technical engineer . - We have a lot of outsourcing member .

Advice to Management

You should think well where you should investment .

SoftBank2015-04-18