Softcat Employee Reviews about "working environment"

Updated Jan 18, 2021

Found 24 of over 350 reviews

4.4
Softcat CEO Graeme Watt
Graeme Watt
Pros
  • "Culture and office working environment(in 24 reviews)

• "Great earning potential if you put the hard work in(in 17 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours - you get out what you put in(in 24 reviews)

• "Basic salary is extremely low - Yes there is commission involved but the good commission only comes from new business(in 17 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "working environment"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great Job

Jan 18, 2021 - Cyber Security Sales Specialist in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great hours, good working environment!

Cons

There are no cons with Softcat

Recruitment Manager

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us, we wish you all the best. Thanks Rachel

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great culture

Jan 13, 2021 - Marketing Executive in Marlow, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture and office working environment

Cons

Lacked career progression and growth opportunities

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for sharing your review with us and good luck in your future career. Thanks Rachel

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company with Amazing culture

Sep 30, 2019 - Developer in Marlow, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

You will be valued and employee comes first at softcat. Amazing working culture with huge flexibility. (It'll take time to understand that you are not dreaming and it is real) You will be recognized as an individual and help to progress to better opportunities. Relax environment to work with loads of peaks. You will be passionate about what you are doing and enthusiastic to come to work every day. Softcat values humility and every day is a fun day

Cons

There are no cons but for the sake of writing one it will be, Open office environment and it will take time to use to it unless you have previous experience.

Recruitment Manager

Thanks so much for spending the time to leave a review. It's great to see how much you're enjoying it here at Softcat, we're so proud that the culture is shining through as we put alot into keeping it fun and exciting for everyone. Thanks Rachel Cowell Recruitment Manager

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Fantastic place to work, people to work with and earning potential

Dec 6, 2018 - Team Leader
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Softcat creates a fantastic environment to work in, with employees really looked after and rewarded. - The people at Softcat make it feel like a family, everyone in our office (London) gets on brilliantly, really support each other and socialise outside of work too. - You are also given the opportunity to earn far more money and progress far more quickly than your peers will be. It is very rare that someone is lucky enough to work in an environment that provides those three at the same time. - For this reason, i genuinely look forward to coming into work every single day and couldn't imagine working anywhere else. - The attitude and passion that the above creates is the basis for the service levels we provide customers and that is the driving force behind the success of the company. It's amazing to be part of a company that is evolving and growing in such a successful, unique and fast way. - The senior management team in London, and for the company, are absolutely superb. They lead by example, they care, they offer all the support and guidance you can need and they empower people to be the best versions of themselves and grow both professionally and personally.

Cons

- I personally have no cons whatsoever. - I have been compelled to write this by reading many of the comments in previous reviews on this site. People seem to complain about not being given everything on a plate to start with, or how difficult it is at the start, or how hard they have to work. That's because we generally employ grads to all sales roles and the transition from uni to the working world is difficult, however nothing fantastic in life comes without having to work your nuts off for it and the above does frustrate me as those people are missing out on a huge opportunity because of it. If you are passionate, intelligent, really self-motivated/drive, have an entrepreneurial spirit and a good work ethic, then you will be successful at Softcat, progress quickly and have huge amounts of fun in the process. You just need to realise the real world isn't easy and you are going to have to work hard for it...

Recruitment Manager

Thanks for writing your review, we appreciate your honesty. We are genuinely excited about what the future holds for Softcat as we continue to expand across the UK. We agree that you do need to put the work in to see the rewards and can be tough to start off with but we do have a really strong support network across our Learning and Development function and our mentors and leadership teams.

5. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great start to a career

Feb 18, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in London, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Exposure to a large amount of different technologies and vendors -Amazing working environment and colleges -

Cons

- Can be tough to get started - building an account base, but, once you have broken through things really do pay off.

Recruitment Manager

Thanks for your review, we're really appreciative of you taking the time to share this. We do partner with a number of well known vendors and do really pride ourselves on keeping the culture fun and rewarding. The role of Account Exec can take some time to get started as you are building your account base but we offer a really supportive environment to help you on your way and give you the skills to build those relationships and spot the opportunities.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Pros

Short version Forward thinking sales and operations environment. Empowering and trusting structure, with a sensible amount of rigor. Employee focused approach which enables a customer centric model. Open and honest communication. Rewarding for all staff. FUN! Longer Version On a professional level Softcat is extremely well organised from the Director team downwards. There is a clear shared vision that the company/team are striving towards. However, the company is nimble enough to alter its course and adapt to market conditions, emerging technologies and experiences. On the face of it the office can seem very buzzy and chatty, but underneath the bonet, there is a well oiled machine that is working in tandem. There is a huge amount of experience which comes from from a team that don't look old enough to know that much. The staff attrition in the first year is low compared to other sales organisations but could be seen as high in sheer numbers, This job is not for everyone, it is for the people willing to give 100% committment, be part of a team, be pleasant to colleagues, have fun. After the first few years of a very steep learning curve it is amazing how many 5, 10, 15 and 20 year veterans still work in this great company. These people are intelligent and know that Softcat is still offerring a great working environment, personal development, rewards and a good balance of enjoying it along the way. I consider many colleagues friends.

Cons

Sometimes we are too trusting, but we are getting wiser.

7. 3.0
      Former Employee

business change review

Jul 8, 2019 - Business Change Lead
      Business Outlook

Pros

good working environment in office

Cons

hire fire scenario is visible

Recruitment Manager

Thanks for taking your time to share your feedback. We're keen to understand a little more around your mention of a 'hire fire scenario' as we definitely feel we don't operate that way. If you're open to discussing this further, please contact me on rachelco@softcat.com Thanks Rachel Cowell Recruitment Manager

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

What a place... Incredible

Oct 26, 2014 - EUC Consultant in Rolla, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

I started this job just weeks ago, I'm in the EUC department and I think I can count the amount of times I've paid for lunch on one hand, so far. The people are amazing and what really make this company. There's always something going on, sweets, chocolate bars, beers, parties - pretty much a weekly occurrence. I came from a big corporate company and things were so different, at Softcat there is a sense of openness, colleagues share their experiences; managers don't boss you about and overall a very relaxing environment to work in. I find it really excells my learning through the amount of support you get from like minded people and budget for things like training and courses. The incentives are insane: random games in the office which can attract up to tens of thousands of pounds, cash prize. Themed days in the office where it is compulsory to partake in fancy dress. Along with 5 star trips all paid for, parties big and small, I'm really looking forward to the Christmas ball! It has so far been a life changing experience for me and I look forward to being there a long time.

Cons

Nothing, oh maybe the amount of hot females in the office, it can't be good for you ;)

2 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Work Hard, Play Hard, and most of all have fun....What more do you want!?

Feb 21, 2014 - Deputy Team Leader in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked here for 7-8 years and everyday I look forward to going to work (still). There is an awesome atmosphere and this company is growing year on year. If you put the time and effort in you will be rewarded and supported exceptionally well. Softcat is all about what you put in is what you will get out....if you are prepared to work hard this company cetainly lets you play hard. The incentives are amazing and the working environment is ace. I am currently typing this whilst watching the winter olympics out of the corner of my eye (on about 10 different screens)! Softcat run 5 aside, have a 90" screen for Fifa, poker nights, netball, basketball, let you travel the world, ski trips etc. the list goes on. Needless to say it 's all very modern and slick but you need to put the hard graft in as well, it's not all take take take! :-)

Cons

IT Sales is not everyone's thing.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Honestly cannot say enough good

May 18, 2015 - Non-sales in Albuquerque, NM
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Have felt completely supported and appreciated from the day I stepped through the door! - Really amazing company atmosphere. The fact that the happiness of all of our employees is held in such high regard makes for a really great working environment. - I have not had one negative experience with a single person since starting here. - Complete lack of airs and graces. No directors stashed away in offices! Everyone sits on the same sales floor. - You can literally set yourself up for life, as the earning potential is insane. - Progression is massively encouraged, and achievable.

Cons

- In my ideal world, it would be a 9-5, rather than a 9-6, but you can't have everything eh

1 person found this review helpful