Softchoice Corporate Account Executive Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Softchoice CEO Vince De Palma
Vince De Palma

"Some good, some bad"

Corporate Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Softchoice for less than a year

Pros

Great company culture and team building events. Company places strong emphasis on volunteer and philanthropic work in the community. A lot of networking opportunities with all the channel partners.

Cons

Very, very low base salary for senior level sales reps. Not very much coaching from District Sales Manager (in NYC office). The ability to work from home if need be every once in awhile was a big issue. Senior mgmt seemed out of touch with the big markets in the U.S. (most importantly NYC) because the company is based out of Toronto...very little marketing in the U.S. which never made sense to any of us in the... NYC office.

Advice to Management

Increase the base salary of sales reps to something that isn't so outdated ($45k is very, very low). Benefits in the U.S. weren't that great as they were said to be during our onboarding training.

Softchoice2016-10-27
  2. "Good start to your technology career"

Former Employee - Corporate Account Executive in Toronto, ON

I worked at Softchoice full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good earning potential. Young atmosphere with a lot of perks in the job.

Cons

Very large and they try and act like a start-up. Aggressive targets where the expectations aren't always realistic.

Advice to Management

N/A

Softchoice2016-06-20
  3. "IT Consultant and Account Executive"

Current Employee - Corporate Account Executive in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Softchoice full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have always wanted to gain knowledge and experiences in the IT industry. Because of their philosophy of taking care of each other, Softchoice flew me to their headquarters in Toronto, and I was able to gain the knowledge needed to work in the IT industry. Being new to the company and industry, my colleagues at the company made me feel at ease and welcome. Softchoice provided me the opportunity to expand my... skills in IT, sales, and communication. From cyber security, virtualization, cloud computing, and networking, Softchoice has great resources and tools for individuals to utilize. As the new training program continues to grow, many new folks will see the benefit of working for a company that focuses on your growth, progression, and professional development.

Cons

As the training program has altered, be prepared to be challenged. Some of the expectations seem a bit high, but they will help you get into role. Depending on the role, this will help you challenge yourself and get where you are needed.

Softchoice2015-09-22

"Great culture"

Current Employee - Corporate Account Executive

I have been working at Softchoice full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great culture, great people, great medical benefits as a FTE. Unique and competitive offerings supported by good technical resources. High earnings potential.

Cons

Very little selling and new business finding resources are provided. The seller is relied upon to market and sell the company within the market. This may not be seen as a "con" to some sellers.

Softchoice2015-09-27

"Be careful of unrealistic expectations"

Corporate Account Executive

I worked at Softchoice for more than a year

Pros

Benefits were pretty good Good base pay Pleasant co-workers Vacation Days .......

Cons

Microsoft makes up 60+% Services practice a mess Constant change/re-org Micromanagement

Softchoice2015-05-27