Softchoice "beer cart" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Softchoice Employee Reviews about "beer cart"

Updated Mar 12, 2019

3.6
Softchoice President and CEO Vince De Palma
Vince De Palma
Pros
  • "Great culture, dogs to work, great benefits(in 60 reviews)

• "monthy beer cart and pizza lunch(in 43 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "beer cart"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Order Manager"

I have been working at Softchoice full-time

Pros

Work from Home days 2 floater Days/ year Flexible in hours Beer cart/ Pizza every Friday once a month lolll Bring your dogs to work

Cons

No internal growth unless you are into management positions

Softchoice2019-03-12

"Inside Account Manager"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Seattle, WA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Softchoice full-time for more than a year

Pros

Dog friendly office, beer-cart Fridays, opportunities to win free trips from vendors. Great place to start career in IT if you have no experience.

Cons

Difficult to hit quota if you absorb poor accounts, work-life balance is awful, and pay is not competitive to industry standard.

Advice to Management

Increase pay to attract more talent.

Softchoice2018-11-14

"Lot of Potential with a Lack of nDirection"

I have been working at Softchoice full-time

Pros

Softchoice does have a lot of incentives and reasons to work their. They offer Spiffs and Trips to motivate employees. It’s a casual work environment, which is nice to have. They offer beer cart Friday’s once a month, and food through vendor engagements a couple times a month! Softchoice has a lot of knowledgeable staff, and their employees are awesome people with great potential. Once you’re in role for a couple... of months you can work from home! Lots of fun at launch and other events. Great initial training -it’s nice to have some class trainingZ

Cons

I use to see a career at softchoice, and felt a purpose for my work. I’d had so much passion but now it is lacking and I find that a trend with most people I work with who constantly stressed and ill motivated. Softchoice has a lot of office politics, and the longer you work there the more obvious that it is. The processes and the way we operate internally is a chaotic mess, with extremely low response times and... little value add. We keep investing in new systems -Salesforce, challenger, method, moving to different platforms, hiring more sales staff but lack investing in operational resources because they may not have a direct correlation to softchoices bottom line. There is not a lot of work life balence, you will have an extremely large work load, but that is this norm at softchoice. So at least you’re not alone is this work life (lack of) balence. Since this is the case people are less willing to help since they are overworked themselves. You’re initial training will seem great , a month in class, phase 2, but don’t be fooled in role there is so much you won’t learn and although people are willing to help since they are overworked themselves they can’t help you with the everything. A lot of the positive reviews on her are clearly from new staff who are still in their first month or two of training who haven’t worked at softchoice long enough to see how we actually operate and function as a team. We have become a group of people solely focused on numbers and the bottom line, which was not the way softchoice always was I can assure you of that.

Advice to Management

Value all your employees, stop glorifying some departments and failing to recognize the work that others do. Stop discussing solely numbers and EBITDA every other sentence during our monthly meetings. There’s more to your people than numbers. Stop trying to spin cycles with new systems and, take the time to roll something out without coming up with a new idea since you don’t see results right away. Your entire work... staff has potential, recognize that before it’s too late. Listen to your people, we want to do well, we just need our company to support us in being successful.

Softchoice2018-05-02
  4. "Great & collaborative workplace!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Softchoice full-time for less than a year

Pros

- friendly environment - dog friendly - monthy beer cart and pizza lunch - monthly updates from the company - collaborative, everyone is out to help you

Cons

- subsidized parking but it isn't free in Toronto

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Softchoice2018-03-23

"review"

Former Employee - Finance in Toronto, ON

I worked at Softchoice full-time for less than a year

Pros

Camaraderie Nice coworkers Events beer-cart fridays pizza lunch once a month

Cons

sales reps get most of the perks i.e. free food, travel perks etc. lack of direction with management new CEO and culture seems to have shifted ageist company. A lot of young people and its not diverse in terms of age. I saw a lot of hardworking people on my floor let go that were older than the majority of the people.

Advice to Management

Have a more cross-generational workforce. Focus on other departments instead of just sales. Higher compensation.

Softchoice2017-11-10

"Great culture, poor departmental management"

I have been working at Softchoice full-time

Pros

-amazing culture -unique/fun perks (e.g. Beer Cart on first Fridays of each month, dog friendly, free pizza lunch once a month) -absence of micromanagement -rewards innovation and initiative -lots of opportunity to learn

Cons

-lack of accountability from people -noncompetitive salary -turnover seems high and departmental management handles transitions poorly

Advice to Management

Please take care of your people like you say you do and do so genuinely. Compensation is average, we get it, but at least ensure that the department has enough coverage for the amount of work there is.

Softchoice2017-09-19
  7. "Territory Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Softchoice full-time for less than a year

Pros

Positive, progressive, people oriented sales culture with plenty of room to advance and grow with the company. Amazing training program called 'Sales Academy' that will increase your sales and business acumen. The Sales Coaches were all very helpful and enabled me to learn a vast amount of complex information in a short amount of time. Sales Coaches push you to achieve your goals and grow your personal brand. If... you're focused and willing to withstand many tests and challenges you can quickly get put on a team and set yourself on a path to make a six figure income. There are many success stories at this company! Additionally, they have plenty of fun events, catered meals for staff, beer cart once a month, and they contribute to numerous charitable initiatives.

Cons

Training is very intense, so you have to be mentally prepared for a series of tests and presentations. One of their invoicing systems is extremely tedius, outdated and needs to be fully replaced w/Salesforce. More vacation time for first year employees would be nice.

Softchoice2017-08-31
  8. "Extremely Misleading"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Softchoice

Pros

Really nice people Good work environment The dogs were nice Fun events, beer cart and the like

Cons

Job Description/Interview and actual role were completely different Incredibly boring day to day Not learning any new skills Not willing to follow up on promises made during the interview process

Advice to Management

Have an accurate job description and portray the role as it is in the interview, not how you want it to be. Commit to what you say.

Softchoice2017-05-18

"There's always pros and cons in sales"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Softchoice full-time for less than a year

Pros

The training was phenomenal and gratuitous. They fly you out to Toronto for 4 weeks, give you a daily allowance, pay for travel, put you up in the hotel connected to the Blue Jays stadium and go as far as to dish out the biweekly paycheck twice while you vacation and train in Canada. There are always free catered lunches and frequent vendor engagements that occasionally include happy hours. The sales team are a... welcoming, fun group to spend 40+ hours per week with. The office has ping pong, vending machines, basketball, corn hole etc. The company has an open pet policy for dogs and provides gym access, sales incentives, and a monthly beer cart tradition.

Cons

This is not for everyone. This is a difficult business and the learning curve is always expanding and growing in complexity. Following the intense training in The Toronto office, there isn't much direction provided by management. You are basically thrown to the wolves and expected to fail until you get it right. The training manager is unorganized and is constantly sending, rescinding, resending calendar invites... for meetings that might not even happen, yet my email rarely received any response. Most of the required training materials that we were supposed to be equipped with were not sent out by management until 10 weeks later. The sales resources ranged anywhere from Vendor/Distribution contacts, sales promos, reasons to call prospects, messaging strategies, marketing Slicks, role playing, objection handling, systems and much more.

Advice to Management

Use delegation as a last resort. Be the support for your sales reps. Positive reinforcement is more effective than negative. Try not to make the person asking you for help feel stupid for wanting to find the correct answer. If you Prepare your sales force for success and be assertive in improving each individuals weaknesses rather than expecting something from nothing, then you wouldn't have an 80% turnover on a... $200K monthly investment in training sales reps that will be fired in the first 4 months.

Softchoice2017-02-01

"Amazing Culture & Fun Work Environment"

Service Desk Analyst in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Softchoice for less than a year

Pros

- People there are friendly, helpful, and happy to be there - Service Desk Team are smart and are more than willing to teach new guys in the field of IT the ropes - Company offers benefits like free lunches, monthly beer cart/social gatherings, a work computer to use anytime, and more

Cons

-N/A, it's like any job you get the good and the bad but I wouldn't trade this job for the world. The people here actually enjoy working and are not miserable unlike other workplaces

Softchoice2017-01-02