Softchoice Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated Mar 16, 2021

Found 48 of over 939 reviews

4.0
Softchoice President and CEO Vince De Palma
Vince De Palma
Pros
  • "Great culture, dogs to work, great benefits(in 67 reviews)

• "Great people and working culture(in 52 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Nothing that any organization experiences and of a size like Softchoice, but nothing that cannot be resolved or sorted out(in 87 reviews)

• "Work life balance depending on manager(in 42 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech India

Join the conversation on

Tech India

58.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/tech-india/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.in&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Softchoice~23804
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great perks

Mar 16, 2021 - Account Executive in Washington, DC
      Business Outlook

Pros

friendly working environment and good people here

Cons

private equity running the show

2. 4.0
      Former Intern, less than 1 year

Overall great company

Feb 16, 2021 - Marketing
      Business Outlook

Pros

great people, decent work load, and fun working environment, good pay for an intern, dogs at work!!

Cons

some boring days, few employees who aren't the best to work with

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Company Review

Jan 24, 2021 - Senior Account Executive in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent working environment. You will find people having worked here for 20+ yrs and this is a good thing in today's environment. In a recession, it is even better to work for a Large Account Reseller than a vendor, as you are not stuck selling or pitching one type of solution. I have spoken to sales people from different vendors and they too tell me how lucky we are to be able to pitch the different technologies in the market as no one solution can fit for any customer in today's market conditions. During Covid-19, the office did not ask us to reduce our salaries or commissions and paid out on time. Management in the West Coast District is excellent and has an open door policy . If something is not right then you can walk up to the District Sales Manager in the B.C. branch and review how you can best get things resolved. The DSM in B.C. is quick to make things right for his team or a member of that branch. Benefits of this organization is that you can be anything you want by way of a career path. If Sales is not for you, then perhaps talk to the Order Management team to see if there is an open position or any other department in any district. The ability to move around and work in different districts too is a plus in my opinion. If you are just out of college and want to learn about the different technologies out there and where you might fit, this is a good organization to start with as their training is nothing but the best in the market.

Cons

Nothing that any organization experiences and of a size like Softchoice, but nothing that cannot be resolved or sorted out.

5 people found this review helpful
    4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Work Life balance

Dec 8, 2020 - Customer Support Advocate
      Business Outlook

Pros

- work life balance - flexible / personal hours - nice work environment - team spirit

Cons

- the pay/ salary could be much better

5. 3.0

Good organization, bad pay

Aug 11, 2020 - Territory Sales Representative in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good culture, fun work environment

Cons

Bad pay, difficult comission structure

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

So far, Great

Feb 7, 2020 - Territory Sales Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, great working environment, friendly staff, helpful teammates , approachable management

Cons

not any to this date

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

The Sales review for Softchoice .

Aug 20, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment, the leadership trusts hardworking people and have one to one recognition

Cons

Not much to share all is good

1 person found this review helpful
    8. 4.0
      Former Employee

Great Career Builder

May 8, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Work Environment -Work Culture -Smart Talent -Dog Friendly -Nice office

Cons

-Retention -Pay -Management Visibility -Growth timelines -Frequent Management Changes

9. 4.0

Order Management Associate

Jan 10, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Training and development Teams take care of each other Excellent benefits flexible work environment

Cons

No cons for me. I am loving it so far

10. 2.0

Lot of Potential with a Lack of nDirection

May 2, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Softchoice does have a lot of incentives and reasons to work their. They offer Spiffs and Trips to motivate employees. It’s a casual work environment, which is nice to have. They offer beer cart Friday’s once a month, and food through vendor engagements a couple times a month! Softchoice has a lot of knowledgeable staff, and their employees are awesome people with great potential. Once you’re in role for a couple of months you can work from home! Lots of fun at launch and other events. Great initial training -it’s nice to have some class trainingZ

Cons

I use to see a career at softchoice, and felt a purpose for my work. I’d had so much passion but now it is lacking and I find that a trend with most people I work with who constantly stressed and ill motivated. Softchoice has a lot of office politics, and the longer you work there the more obvious that it is. The processes and the way we operate internally is a chaotic mess, with extremely low response times and little value add. We keep investing in new systems -Salesforce, challenger, method, moving to different platforms, hiring more sales staff but lack investing in operational resources because they may not have a direct correlation to softchoices bottom line. There is not a lot of work life balence, you will have an extremely large work load, but that is this norm at softchoice. So at least you’re not alone is this work life (lack of) balence. Since this is the case people are less willing to help since they are overworked themselves. You’re initial training will seem great , a month in class, phase 2, but don’t be fooled in role there is so much you won’t learn and although people are willing to help since they are overworked themselves they can’t help you with the everything. A lot of the positive reviews on her are clearly from new staff who are still in their first month or two of training who haven’t worked at softchoice long enough to see how we actually operate and function as a team. We have become a group of people solely focused on numbers and the bottom line, which was not the way softchoice always was I can assure you of that.

8 people found this review helpful