Songtradr Reviews

Updated May 17, 2022

Found 19 of over 21 reviews

3.6
Songtradr CEO Paul Wiltshire (no image)
Paul Wiltshire
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Products are interesting to work on and compensation is good

May 17, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer in Belfast, Northern Ireland
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great engineering team, the people are easy to work with and there are some very talented and knowledgeable people within the team. - Tech stack is modern and developers have the ability to learn other areas of the stack on the job if they wish. - Compensation is good, and company has recently adjusted to keep up with market rate. - The products themselves help independent musicians. If you're passionate about music, it's motivating to work on. - Personal growth days to learn on company time. - Flexible working hours and completely remote. There's an optional office day once every week or two with free meals provided. - Home office equipment is good quality with chairs, desks, monitors and other equipment being provided if required. - Opportunity for growth and promotions if you put the work in.

Cons

- Some retention issues due to product pivots and management deciding to pursue another direction in terms of the approach to delivery of products. - Slow to replace employees who left although this has changed in recent months and it seems there is an active effort to correct this. - While salary and compensation is good, lacking in other areas such benefits compared to other companies in the market. - Not often but sometimes required to juggle responsibilities (e.g - developers helping out with QA) when required if deadlines are approaching - ideally an additional QA would be hired for this.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

High turnover

May 9, 2022 - Software Developer in Belfast, Northern Ireland
    Business Outlook

Pros

Not too stressful to work at.

Cons

I lot of moving around and confusing the last year, such a shame as it was a great company until fallout and drama between higher ups. Shows lack of trust can really hurt progression.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

I really enjoy working here

Mar 18, 2022 - Software Engineer in Belfast, Northern Ireland
    Business Outlook

Pros

Cutting edge tech / architecture Interesting work Fully remote Excellent work life balance Decent salaries Products have great potential Share options

Cons

Employee overall benefits package currently not the best (but this is being looked at) The usual things you should expect when working in a start up e.g. Context switching, changing product directions and at times some lack of process for various things

1 person found this review helpful

Songtradr Response

We're so glad you're enjoying working at Songtradr! It's great to hear you're invested in the work and see the potential in the ideas you're helping to bring to life. As you noted, we're currently refining our benefits for a globally-consistent and competitive program. Thanks for taking the time to leave this review!

4. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

They haven't a clue

Feb 9, 2022 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fully remote working. Engineering team are all very good people to work with. Probably the best CI/CD I've ever worked with Compensation was decent

Cons

So much churn, week to week you never had much of an idea what you would be working on as priorities changed constantly. Multiple products were in development for over a year before the plug was finally pulled. In reality none of them should have made it past the white board let alone through multiple releases. Teams were rapidly hired then left as there wasn't any work for them. Change of software stack midway through development Smaller acquisitions ended up dictating the entire direction of the engineering team, none of whom had any experience or from what I can tell desire to manage.

8 people found this review helpful

Songtradr Response

Thank you for your feedback. We are proud of our incredible people at Songtradr and great to hear your team left a positive impression on you during your time at Songtradr. Your feedback is important to us and we are sorry to hear that you feel there was a lack of clarity due to changing priorities. This is often characteristic of organizations that are growing as quickly as we have over the past year, and we are working hard to streamline workflows and improve the employee experience.

5. 1.0
    Former Employee

Shambolic, all a veneer

Jan 29, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I do not have any positive experiences to share - think carefully before working for this company.

Cons

No understanding of how to scale a business. No processes and risk & compliance issues lurking under the surface. constant acquisitions with none of the infrastructure to support. Shambolic. Investors, poke into the business titles of the C-Suite - a number of them do not have the experience to hold them, and they follow ridiculous management programs telling them how to run a meeting because they don’t have a clue themselves.

2 people found this review helpful

Songtradr Response

We're sorry this has been your experience at Songtradr. As a rapidly scaling organization, we are always looking for ways to streamline our internal operations to support our growth. We review all feedback to assess how we can continuously improve the experiences of our employees.

6. 3.0
    Former Employee

Great team, no paid maternity leave

Feb 9, 2021 - Director of Operations in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I loved the people there

Cons

They do not offer paid maternity leave

4 people found this review helpful

Songtradr Response

We're glad to hear that you loved the people you worked with while at Songtradr and appreciate your review. Since your time with the company, we have experienced significant growth and are currently refining our benefits in response to that growth so we can offer globally consistent and industry matched programs for our team members.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Having a Blast and Working at the Same Time

Oct 7, 2019 - Customer Success Manager in Santa Monica, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Having been with multiple start-ups throughout my career, I have never worked for a start-up like this. When I first started, I didn't know what to expect except that I knew I'd be working with music and online users. Now that I've been with the company, the Customer Success road-map could not be more clear. As we continue to grow and change, like all start-ups, we work as a unit to guarantee the best experience for our sellers, buyers and employees. I'm very happy working here and would gladly promote our product and encourage others to work here as well. Plus, I get to bring my dog to work once a week, have monthly concerts from Songtradr artists and monthly social events with the office.

Cons

Vegans get to line-up first for our weekly office lunches. lol

4 people found this review helpful

Songtradr Response

That's great to hear that your time at Songtradr has been a standout amongst your career experiences – thank you for being an integral part of our success!

8. 5.0

We're very lucky.

Oct 11, 2019 - Anonymous
    Business Outlook

Pros

Incredible work culture. Team = Family PTO days. Startup benefits. Creative.

Cons

A lot of micromanaging. Tight deadlines.

1 person found this review helpful

Songtradr Response

Thanks for taking the time to write this review – we're glad to hear you appreciate the company culture at Songtradr. Your feedback is important to us! Since your review, we have made many fundamental improvements to the way we are managing and empowering our teams and will continue to do so. Internal processes also go through constant iteration to utilize our resources in more efficient ways. We hope you have found them beneficial.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee

Open, Candid and Inherently Real

Oct 4, 2019 - Account Executive in Santa Monica, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

A challenge we all face at some point in our business careers is finding a company where we feel appreciated and our voice is heard - a workplace with a gracious culture that challenges our capacity to learn and become even better at who we are and what we do. I recently read, "Often, the purpose of education is not to learn something new, but to learn to think differently about something you already know." Songtradr is filled with imaginative individuals who are ambitious and expertly skilled, respectively, and the transference of knowledge and ideas that exists here is without limit. It feels good getting ready for work every morning knowing I get to work with such an amazing and down-to-earth team.

Cons

Dog day every day, let's vote!

3 people found this review helpful

Songtradr Response

We're so happy to hear that you have found a place where you know your voice is heard and valued! The foundation of our success stems from having an environment that fosters conscious collaboration – thanks for all of your contributions.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Excellent Environment for Growth-oriented Individuals

Sep 30, 2019 - Chief Experience Officer in Santa Monica, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Songtradr has developed an inclusive culture and community with collaborative and kind team members who aren't afraid to embrace change and face development opportunities. With an all-hands-on-deck mindset and will to do what's good for the company means everyone feels supported and has a sense they are building something great together.

Cons

Some processes and systems are still sorting themselves out but I would hardly call it a con as it's a normal part of rapid growth in a start-up. Songtradr learns from its mistakes and faces challenges and that is why it's able to continue scaling.

3 people found this review helpful