What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Good benefits (although the healthcare premiums are very expensive)." (in 146 reviews)
- "Some of the people you work WITH are great family people who are there just to try to make a living." (in 78 reviews)
- "Good pay and compensation." (in 74 reviews)
- "Good work life balance and understanding supervisors" (in 36 reviews)
- "Great work environment for those who have inside connections to their upper level management." (in 31 reviews)
- "Bad management, not team player micro management" (in 35 reviews)
- "And salary is low." (in 17 reviews)
- "Dishonest upper management." (in 15 reviews)
- "Awful supervisors and managers, bad management, so much politics and they hired certain race to fill their HR quota" (in 15 reviews)
- "Nepotism at its best." (in 9 reviews)
Found 828 of over 1T reviews
Updated 29 Sept 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 4.029 Sept 2023IT DirectorFormer Employee, more than 10 yearsAtlanta, GA
Opportunities to work in various parts of the company - both in regulated and unregulated divisions. Provides training if you are interested in pursuing a particular skillset.
OK salary, benefits continue to erode.
Southern Company Reviews FAQs
Southern Company has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 1,022 reviews left anonymously by employees. 84% of employees would recommend working at Southern Company to a friend and 83% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
84% of Southern Company employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Southern Company 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.