Spiceworks Ziff Davis Reviews

Updated 17 Feb 2021

4.0
Spiceworks Ziff Davis President Steve Horowitz (no image)
Steve Horowitz
Pros
  • "Good company culture, encourages success and rewards you well when you hit targets(in 15 reviews)

• "Casual dress code, approachable team members, free food(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "It’s a mid-size company that has experienced some growing pains over the past few years(in 12 reviews)

• "Company either can't or doesn't want to invest in developers in Austin(in 9 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Excellent people, great work environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād

I worked at Spiceworks Ziff Davis full-time for more than a year

Pros

Overall great company to work for in Hyderabad. It has recently started its operation in Hyderabad in 2019. Modern tech stack Great resources and tools Global mindset Generous perks and outings Open work culture, less hierarchy Great Benefits and salary Flexible work hours Free food Cool office Care for growth and learning Working from home Understanding leadership, smart team and caring people MacBook for engineering team Start-up like nature yet part of the big multinational group

Cons

Little uncertainty in the direction

February 21, 2021Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to write a thoughtful review! We appreciate hearing about your personal experience and are glad to learn that you enjoy working with your team members and our unique work perks. We care very deeply for our employees and love to hear successful stories about teams collaborating and becoming one team. We are growing quickly which we value your feedback. Your input informs what we do next so that we can cultivate our workplace for everyone’s success.

2. "Decent Place to Work"

Current Employee - Softwaren Engineer II

I have been working at Spiceworks Ziff Davis full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Culture overall and good teams

Cons

Compensation is less when compared to market

February 28, 2021Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to write a thoughtful review! We appreciate hearing about your experience and are glad to learn that you enjoy working with your team members. We agree that it is super important for us to continue looking for ways to improve and never be complacent. We are always trying to match the market standards and try to keep our standards high.

3. "Good company to learning"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Pune

I have been working at Spiceworks Ziff Davis full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good company to Learn new technologies. Healthy Environment

Cons

Cab facility is not available for day shift

4. "Nice"

Current Employee - Sr in New Delhi

I have been working at Spiceworks Ziff Davis full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Best salary in industry.nice environment

Cons

Management, slow process for appraisals

5. "consultant"

Consultant

I have been working at Spiceworks Ziff Davis

Pros

good org to work with

Cons

none as such. overall friendly company to work

6. COVID-19

"Great Company Values for Decent Pay"

Current Employee - Devops Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Spiceworks Ziff Davis full-time for more than a year

Pros

decent working pace mistakes are learned from and accepted fun culture progressive company values (Juneteenth & Election day holidays) unlimited PTO employee stock program 401K always considered employee health & safety first during coronavirus fully remote is okay

Cons

loose on structure, planning, acceptance criteria pay is at or just below (recruiters offering a bit more almost every time) no clear path to internal growth or promotion (like criteria for engineering tiers or career paths)

February 28, 2021Recruiter

Thank you for sharing your input. It is good to hear that you agree with what is being done for our employees regarding benefits, time off, and the working environment. We realize the importance of having a career path for every employee and are diligently working to put that in place. We value our employees and their impact on the company. We have a compensation philosophy that we follow and are working towards making sure each employee is paid appropriately. Please feel free to set up a time with HR to discuss any of your concerns. We want to hear from you.

7. "Good Gig"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Spiceworks Ziff Davis full-time for less than a year

Pros

Solid product suite, good management and team.

Cons

Took some time to get acclimated with the merger.

8. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at Spiceworks Ziff Davis full-time

Pros

I loved my time at Spiceworks

Cons

I felt it was a difficult and complicated business

February 21, 2021Recruiter

9. "Changed for the better post ZiffDavis acquisition"

Current Employee - Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Spiceworks Ziff Davis full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The company expresses progressive ideals....

Cons

...but the company still has a lack of diversity.

February 28, 2021Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate hearing that you value the company’s progressive ideals. We agree that it is super important for us to continue looking for ways to improve and never be complacent. We also value the importance of a diverse group of employees and will continue to expand that effort and treat all candidates fairly based on their skills. Please let us know if you would like to provide any additional feedback. We are always open to learning more about how we can improve. You can write us your suggestions to“recruiting@spiceworks.com”

10. "Great place"

Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Spiceworks Ziff Davis full-time

Pros

Great place to work at!

Cons

I have none to speak of.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 143 English Reviews